[EU] Champions League 05/06 (3 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
mikhail said:
The Del Horno sending off was correct.

Their win was ugly, so they're not better than Arsenal, but you're defending Chelsea?
When Barcelona met both Milan and Chelsea, I wanted Barcelona to win, but they did not do it with their talent unfortunately.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Black Mamba said:
Who should have won the Champions League then?

I cant believe you people dont think Barcelona is currently the best club
Maybe they are currently the best club but they dis not reach the final using what they are.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
mikhail said:
The ref blew the whistle early. He admits that, and regrets it. He should have let play run on, but he didn't. He can't change his mind in that situation.
yeah ok i understand, he cant change his mind anymore, but i cant understand how someone like that can be referee for CL final. yeah i know we are all human and etc, but imo already for that chelsea-barca game before, he never should have refereed this final, if barca was one of the finalists. i dont like chelsea but i think red card for del horno was rubish, a yellow would have been enough. its funny sometimes in some games players do much worse things, injuryng other players and they dont get sent off.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
I have to say, if a team had deserved the title, than it was barcelona, they have been playing great football for 2 years now.

the ref ruined yesterday´s game. Barca could not play their game because Arsenal only defended after the red card. I was very dissapointed about the diving of Eboue. I thought players from EPL are fair. but he proved I am wrong.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
mikhail said:
That offside was very marginal. To ascribe it to malice it a big leap. Was the ref handing Barca the game when he denied Barca the advantage after Lehman lept into an unquestionable red card? Maybe Lehman's in UEFA's pocket? Was the ref favouring Barca when he didn't send off Eboue for attempting testicular surgery on a Barca player? Was he favouring Barca when he gave Arsenal the free kick that lead to their goal after a blatent dive from Eboue?

This talk about a biased ref is just sour grapes.
The referee did not favour anyone in the last night's game; however, he managed to make the worst decisions at every occasion possible and succeeded in making the game as ugly as possible. Entertainment or fairness are not what I am talking about.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
mikhail said:
The Del Horno sending off was correct.

Their win was ugly, so they're not better than Arsenal, but you're defending Chelsea?
why he gave him straight red? come on, you have to admit messis acting was also probably one part why card was shown. but why red?

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Maresca said:
I have to say, if a team had deserved the title, than it was barcelona, they have been playing great football for 2 years now.

the ref ruined yesterday´s game. Barca could not play their game because Arsenal only defended after the red card. I was very dissapointed about the diving of Eboue. I thought players from EPL are fair. but he proved I am wrong.
remember last year liverpool gerrard dive in penaltybox :D

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Jeeks said:
I don't see why is it not ugly. Two of the worst calls I have ever seen in the same game. Lehmann's red card was just a slap in the face for all those who were waiting to watch a good football game.
Look at it this way. The ref can chose to let the game go on and he can chose to blow the whistle. He did do the latter, but he did blow the whistle BEFORE Giuly scored. Would it still be the refs fault if the ball didn't go to a Barca player? That would make the red cald righteous, right? Because like it or not but in the end Lehman still deserved to leave the field.

The Eboue dive was indeed ugly, yet that stuff happens in every game. The only real mistake, that had anything to do with bias, the ref did in this game was not to book Eboue twice. Not for the dive, but for that retarded tackle he did in the second half.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Katil said:
Look at it this way. The ref can chose to let the game go on and he can chose to blow the whistle. He did do the latter, but he did blow the whistle BEFORE Giuly scored. Would it still be the refs fault if the ball didn't go to a Barca player? That would make the red cald righteous, right? Because like it or not but in the end Lehman still deserved to leave the field.

The Eboue dive was indeed ugly, yet that stuff happens in every game. The only real mistake, that had anything to do with bias, the ref did in this game was not to book Eboue twice. Not for the dive, but for that retarded tackle he did in the second half.

media would have killed him :D

Mar 6, 2005
I won't say anything about the match, buuuuut:

(quote from Henry):

"....pretty strange...blah blah blah, yellow card, strange, you know? blah blah blah.. But I am not a woman, so I will stand strong"

riiiiiiiiiiiiiight :D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Nawaf said:
I won't say anything about the match, buuuuut:

(quote from Henry):

"....pretty strange...blah blah blah, yellow card, strange, you know? blah blah blah.. But I am not a woman, so I will stand strong"

riiiiiiiiiiiiiight :D
I read it as "I'm not a woman, so I stay standing", and in the context of accusing Barca of diving a lot (pot, meet kettle).

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
mikhail said:
That offside was very marginal. To ascribe it to malice it a big leap. Was the ref handing Barca the game when he denied Barca the advantage after Lehman lept into an unquestionable red card? Maybe Lehman's in UEFA's pocket? Was the ref favouring Barca when he didn't send off Eboue for attempting testicular surgery on a Barca player? Was he favouring Barca when he gave Arsenal the free kick that lead to their goal after a blatent dive from Eboue?

This talk about a biased ref is just sour grapes.

this is leading nowhere..i could mention four occasions where Barcelona was favored yesterday..and i still have my doubts whether Eto was offside at Lehman's red card play.....and the talk about the refs is not sour grapes at all..i'm talking about their whole campaign .i can't recall any other c.l. winner having so many dubious calls in their favor...

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
mcrae said:
this is leading nowhere..i could mention four occasions where Barcelona was favored yesterday..and i still have my doubts whether Eto was offside at Lehman's red card play.....and the talk about the refs is not sour grapes at all..i'm talking about their whole campaign .i can't recall any other c.l. winner having so many dubious calls in their favor...
You can't remember back to last year? :D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Enron said:
You can't remember back to last year? :D
Heck yes. The penalty given for Gerrard's dive was worse than any decision made last night.

mcrae said:
Then do, and someone will mention four where Arsenal were favoured. Oh, wait. I already did.

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
Dodgy officiating,linesman in barca jersey,decisions favouring Barca/Arsenal......... good 2 know that all the dirt in the game does not come from Moggi.Barca are the media darlings,there was no way they were going to lose that game.If their superstars could'nt do it,the ref woulda found them a penalty or given Eboue a second booking.Ronaldinho did a lot of diving yesterday(to my dismay,cuz i thot he was a clean player!)n got free-kicks most times.
The game will always favour the big fish!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)