[ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 (34 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Nasri was average in his first two seasons for us, but i'm willing to bet he'd have double the amount of goals and assists had he been playing in Germany.
obviously you don't watch the bundesliga. The tactical setup is much more defensive than in England. You're willing to bet on something that you have no idea what would look like? I'll just stick with the numbers, the numbers which are clearly saying that Arturo Vidal > Nasri in every sense of the word, except perhaps technique.

---------- Post added 03.08.2012 at 12:56 ----------

oh, and he had 7 goals 4 assists as a defensively oriented midfielder this season, damn - even when he's playing defensively he is matching Samir "Wonderboy" Nasri's best season in the EPL :howler:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I don't have a soft spot for him, i hate his $#@!ing guts, he's a traitorous mercenary.

Vucinic is not a midfielder, he can play as a wing forward in a 3 man attack, but i would never play him as a winger in a 4 man midfield. He doesn't track back enough, and isn't so effective that deep in the pitch.

---------- Post added 03.08.2012 at 14:37 ----------

Back to Nasri, he had a bad start, but he was very good for City in the second half of the season. In fact in the last couple of months, he outperformed Silva too.
Silva faded away in the second half of the season was the main reason for that.

But would you say that Nasri is (talent wise) better than Vucinic? Just change Nasri in that formation :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Why so?

It's not like it's easier to score goals in the Bundesliga than in the EPL, look at Papiss Cissé for instance.

I do agree though that Vidal ain't very good as an AM. He's an absolutely fantastic CM, though. Between him and Toure, I'd pick the latter but not by a long shot.
Of course it is. I don't buy the BS that its more defensive in the German league at all.

I completely agree with the second part of your post.

obviously you don't watch the bundesliga. The tactical setup is much more defensive than in England. You're willing to bet on something that you have no idea what would look like? I'll just stick with the numbers, the numbers which are clearly saying that Arturo Vidal > Nasri in every sense of the word, except perhaps technique.

That maybe so. Thats not what i was arguing. I was arguing that in an attacking position, Nasri would be a much better choice. But its like if i say Yaya Toure is not half as talented as Nasri, its true, he's not. But he has other qualities and is better at his position. If you asked me who i'd rather have as an attacking mid, i'd definitely go with Nasri. Does not mean Nasri is a better player, just means that he's better in an attacking mid position.

As for the comparison between the two leagues, well in France the mentality is more defensive than England too, does not mean its more difficult, as the difference in quality between the two leagues cancels out the difference in mentality.

---------- Post added 03.08.2012 at 15:00 ----------

Silva faded away in the second half of the season was the main reason for that.
I agree. Still, my point stands, Nasri did very well in the last couple of months for City.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Why so?

It's not like it's easier to score goals in the Bundesliga than in the EPL, look at Papiss Cissé for instance.

I do agree though that Vidal ain't very good as an AM. He's an absolutely fantastic CM, though. Between him and Toure, I'd pick the latter but Vidal is getting close.
Yaya is no doubt the best B2B midfielder. And Vidal is close, and will be there. But you'd pick worlds best B2B midfielder. Who is aged 29. Over worlds second best B2B midfielder. Who is aged 25?

---------- Post added 03.08.2012 at 13:07 ----------

I know that he's versatile and can play there, but in that position no way is he better than Nasri. He isn't half as talented, nor as good a dribbler nor is he as creative as Nasri. Vidal is a very good CM, but i don;t think he has the attacking qualities to be a good enough attacking midfielder to be honest.
Vidal got noticed by big clubs. Because he played AM.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
So if you guys had all of City and Juve's players at your disposal, what would be your best XI?

This would be mine:

-----------------Buffon------

---Licht-----Kompany---Chiellini---Clichy

-----------Yaya Toure----Pirlo

-------Silva---------------------Nasri

-----------Aguero---Tevez

I guess Vidal would play if one would prefer playing with 3 midfielders, as he's definitely a better player than De Jong/Barry. But i'd rather have Tevez in the team than Vidal to be honest.
I'd change the formation..I'd always play Pirlo with two midfielders flanking him on either side..

Buffon

Lichtsteiner-Kompany-Chiellini-Clichy

Pirlo

Vidal-------Toure

Silva---Aguero

Tevez/Balotelli​

---------- Post added 03.08.2012 at 16:42 ----------

I do agree though that Vidal ain't very good as an AM. He's an absolutely fantastic CM, though. Between him and Toure, I'd pick the latter but not by a long shot.
Vidal got 10 assists playing as an AM for Bayer04.he is just about effective in any position in midfield..

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010

---------- Post added 03.08.2012 at 12:56 ----------

oh, and he had 7 goals 4 assists as a defensively oriented midfielder this season, damn - even when he's playing defensively he is matching Samir "Wonderboy" Nasri's best season in the EPL :howler:
So now the non technical player is better than the Natuarlly gifted fottballer ??

How many times are the non technical players slated on here, or is it just the English players !?!

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
ya my question was in light of his exclusion from pool's last outing
Rogers said he figured the match would be chippy and didn't want to risk injury to his most important player. He was right, it was chippy and Joe Cole got injured in the first half. So it was a good call by Brendan.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Reading Arsenal forums hoping to find news about Cazorla. I find Arsenal fans debating whether or not Cazorla is a better player than D.Silva, and whether or not they thought he'd do a better job at Arsenal than Cesc :sergio:

Preet

Powerpuff G!
Sep 7, 2010
i hope we manage to keep agger....bloody city and barca are chasing him...

i cant wait for us to sign joe allen :heart: he has a bright future!

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Reading Arsenal forums hoping to find news about Cazorla. I find Arsenal fans debating whether or not Cazorla is a better player than D.Silva, and whether or not they thought he'd do a better job at Arsenal than Cesc :sergio:
:Lol:

He's not even better than Mata, let alone friggin silva.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
:Lol:

He's not even better than Mata, let alone friggin silva.
Nah he's better than Mata definitely..Mata is extremely overrated..After Messi and Xavi ,Cazorla had the highest passes in the final third last season..Also definitely much more of a playmaker than Mata..

Forza Giovinco

Jun 22, 2012
Suarez back at Melwood.
I read that Rodgers is looking to Ashley Williams as replacement for Agger. Talk about a downgrade.
I loved that letter he wrote to the supporters though, after the Europa game. Classy guy is our Brendan.

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Suarez back at Melwood.
I read that Rodgers is looking to Ashley Williams as replacement for Agger. Talk about a downgrade.
I loved that letter he wrote to the supporters though, after the Europa game. Classy guy is our Brendan.
Shame that, as 'Class' and 'LFC' do not and have never gone hand in hand !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)