[ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlakeTheBlue

Jul 19, 2012
You have the better attack. I'd say we have the better midfield. Defence is a coin toss I guess but we did have the best defense in Europe last season. Goalkeeping again a toss up although Buffon is arguably the best keeper of all time and certainly more experienced. I don't think the squads are all that far apart.
Buffon is an absolute Legend no doubt. But as much as it pains me to admit it, i'd have to give Peter Schmeichel the title of greatest of all time. But there's very little between them. In terms of midfield mate. I think our midfield of Silva, Nasri, Barry and Yaya is the best outside Barca and Madrid.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Yes it is. You have the CL experience we lack. But we have the better squad in my opinion. It would be a good game. But the arrogance of some of these guys here is silly. City will be a club that everyone wants to avoid until the later rounds that's for sure.

Well obviously your team in stronger on paper, although I'd say mostly in the attacking sections rather than defence and midfield (ours as a 3). I agree about experience but also would factor in the fact that our manager can manage and isn't holding together a bunch of personalities, that counts a lot in cup competitions perhaps moreso than leagues. You were just as superior on paper when we drew with you twice in the EL, perhaps even more so. It'd be interesting but I don't think we should fear anybody, not City, not Barca.

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
Buffon is an absolute Legend no doubt. But as much as it pains me to admit it, i'd have to give Peter Schmeichel the title of greatest of all time. But there's very little between them. In terms of midfield mate. I think our midfield of Silva, Nasri, Barry and Yaya is the best outside Barca and Madrid.
Buffon is a WC winner mate. Deal with it. World Class.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I really hope you're not being serious right now.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I've seen this a few times here. Do you guys really believe you have a better team man for man than City? I mean i understand club bias. You will always love your own players first. But have you actualy seen Citys starting line up? Let alone the squad. From Juve i'd say Chiellini and Pirlo would get into our starting 11. Buffon is a legend but Hart is younger and in awesome form. But i just dont see how some of you think Juve's team is better. Out of City and juve's back 4 of Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clicy... I see Chiellini over Lescott. Thats it. Midfield for City. Nasri, Silva, Yaya, Barry. It's Pirlo over Barry. I've seen some say Marchisio over Nasri. So i will give you that as it's your forum. But in reallity. I wouldn't swap the two. As you say. Up front all Citys strikers get the nod

Taking all that into consideration. I'd say City are a lot stronger on paper.

All opinions i guess. Not trying to antagonise anybody.

---------- Post added 02.08.2012 at 21:58 ----------

On the contrary. I don't think anybody can ever be sure their club will win anything. Let alone the CL. I was responding to the arrogant claims that Juve would some how destroy City. In truth it would be a very close and exciting game.
Well... best defence in europe one of the best midfield in europe just the strikers are not up to the standarts
Its not about who has a bigger name player its more of how they play as a team and in that case Juve are better
As for player vs player stuff its wrong to do it but if you insist
I wouldnt swap any player from Juve with City`s except for the forwards and maybe Silva if he fits the formation...
I`d say on paper we are pretty even as we have the better defence and you have the better attack
Things are going to change this season and I dont know if its going to be for the good or for worse as we are going to have Bonucci and Pepe banned and Conte who is very important probably too.
Its not easy to imrove when some group named the FIGC are making their mission to stop Juve from winning. Last time they dropped us to serie b but we bounced back and won. Now that we won again they are trying to hurt us from another way...

As for the RVP situation I dont know why Mancini want him as you are pretty packed with great strikers and altough I dont rate RVP as high as many others here rate him he would still improve us a lot

BlakeTheBlue

Jul 19, 2012
Buffon is a WC winner mate. Deal with it. World Class.
Unfair on Schmeichel that mate. Not his fault his National team isn't the best. In that case If he was Born Spanish or Brazilian he would be the best? You don't measure it on how well the players in front of him are. Buffon is Awesome. I just put Schmeichel as the best ever. Not easy as a City fan but it's just how i see it.

Socrates

Apr 2, 2012
Silva and Nasri I was lumping in more with your attack but if they are out and out midfielders then you may be right. It is debatable though.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Unfair on Schmeichel that mate. Not his fault his National team isn't the best. In that case If he was Born Spanish or Brazilian he would be the best? You don't measure it on how well the players in front of him are. Buffon is Awesome. I just put Schmeichel as the best ever. Not easy as a City fan but it's just how i see it.
Schmeichel also won the Euros with the shittiest winner of a Euro/World Cup team of all time (maybe except Greek). :)

Btw, don't listen to the haters, your posts make sense, but there are just a lot of assholes on this site.

BlakeTheBlue

Jul 19, 2012
You know what... I've come here and been respectfull and tried my best to debate on a serious, adult level and at times i have enjoyed it. But some of you are either very young, slightly retarded or totaly fu*cking deluded as to how good a level Juve play at and how good your team actualy is. It's a shame but the internet football forums are like this the world over, It's a reflection of the modern world... Memes, Trolls, Omg's, Flamings and LOL's...

Even worse on the so called "Big Clubs" forums. Kids from the Middle East, Canada, America, Britain and all over Europe. Pretty much anywhere other than where the club they love Soooo much comes from think they have THE golden opinion about this club they adopted. God forbid somebody from another "tribe" with a differing opinion comes along. It's pack mentality at it's worse. Super Brave faceless Tools sat behind monitors saying sh*it the majority wouldn't dare say in a face to face situation. And you know what? You guys aren't even the worse. Try the nobs at the Real, Barca, Man U, forums. At least there's a few good lads here. But some of the child like mugs that reside here are just too much. I left Bluemoon because they have already started to become as rude and deluded as some of you lot.

I'll fu*ck off now then to the delight of most here and leave you to it. Who knows where RvP will end up? Not me, Not You, Not your "Fifa Agents" (lol) no tw*ats on twatter or in the made up Media... Nobody but RvP. But i very much doubt he will want to swap the Premier League for what is (in the vast majority of the footballing worlds opinion, deal with it) a much weaker League.

Toodle Pip.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
You know what... I've come here and been respectfull and tried my best to debate on a serious, adult level and at times i have enjoyed it. But some of you are either very young, slightly retarded or totaly fu*cking deluded as to how good a level Juve play at and how good your team actualy is. It's a shame but the internet football forums are like this the world over, It's a reflection of the modern world... Memes, Trolls, Omg's, Flamings and LOL's...

Even worse on the so called "Big Clubs" forums. Kids from the Middle East, Canada, America, Britain and all over Europe. Pretty much anywhere other than where the club they love Soooo much comes from think they have THE golden opinion about this club they adopted. God forbid somebody from another "tribe" with a differing opinion comes along. It's pack mentality at it's worse. Super Brave faceless Tools sat behind monitors saying sh*it the majority wouldn't dare say in a face to face situation. And you know what? You guys aren't even the worse. Try the nobs at the Real, Barca, Man U, forums. At least there's a few good lads here. But some of the child like mugs that reside here are just too much. I left Bluemoon because they have already started to become as rude and deluded as some of you lot.

I'll fu*ck off now then to the delight of most here and leave you to it. Who knows where RvP will end up? Not me, Not You, Not your "Fifa Agents" (lol) no tw*ats on twatter or in the made up Media... Nobody but RvP. But i very much doubt he will want to swap the Premier League for what is (in the vast majority of the footballing worlds opinion, deal with it) a much weaker League.

Toodle Pip.
Toughen up, sweetheart. It's an even crueler world outside the internet.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011

I'll fu*ck off now then to the delight of most here and leave you to it. Who knows where RvP will end up? Not me, Not You, Not your "Fifa Agents" (lol) no tw*ats on $#@!ter or in the made up Media... Nobody but RvP. But i very much doubt he will want to swap the Premier League for what is (in the vast majority of the footballing worlds opinion, deal with it) a much weaker League.

Toodle Pip.
My friend that was a quality post. It's a shame that in the end the forum is a reflection of the world today and that's how it goes. Opposing ideas are shouted down. I will say this they try with me many times and I'm still here don't let them chase you out of here. Stay and enjoy the good discussions :)

mondo1

May 14, 2006

I'll fu*ck off now then to the delight of most here and leave you to it. Who knows where RvP will end up? Not me, Not You, Not your "Fifa Agents" (lol) no tw*ats on $#@!ter or in the made up Media... Nobody but RvP. But i very much doubt he will want to swap the Premier League for what is (in the vast majority of the footballing worlds opinion, deal with it) a much weaker League.

Toodle Pip.
Ah c'mon you shouldn't take it too seriously... We have a Milan Fan an Aberdeen Fan and even a roma Fan (yes dule i mean you even i know it) here ;) and if i remember correct even one of our "Gurus" is a mancity fan

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Toodle Pip.
Basically if you wanted to read things that you like you should have stayed on the City forum. This place is Juventus, and special needs.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Adios Blake, I'll really miss you. It was so much fun having you around. Also, thanks for talking sense into most of us, cause at the end of the day ... what do we know?

And thanks for reminding me of why I hate english football. "Support yer local team, son!"

I took an interest in an english club when I was a little kid, went over there and tried to support, but all I heard from those old, fat pintdrinking bastards was: "Support yer local team, son!"

I go to Italy and they welcome me with open arms, finding it amazing and lovely that foreigners take up an interest in their clubs. Oh, and btw, the name "Juventus Football Club" was taken partly because they wanted an international appeal. The same with "Internazionale".

So, this will be the f*cking last thing I say to you! Don't let the door hit you on the way out as you go SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM!

SON!

:andyandbarcelona:

PS! Nice way of dissing people who come from the middle east, Canada, America etc. Nice touch, man!

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

Toodle Pip.
Ironically, this was actually a quality post. You've just summarized most football forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)