[ENG] Premiership 2011/2012 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Nedvěd;3077896 said:
Jones is better than Dann, and younger also can play in midfield.
But if Dann costs 10 mil and Jones costs 25, Dann is the better option. Gives us more cash for left back.

If I were coach, he'd (Jones) never play midfield.

Nedvěd

But if Dann costs 10 mil and Jones costs 25, Dann is the better option. Gives us more cash for left back.

If I were coach, he'd (Jones) never play midfield.
According to SSN Jones is United's and for £16m.
Why you wouldn't play him him in midfield? I've only seen him as CB and he is a beast but other United fans saying that he is a top DM.

How does Gigg's brother's wife looks like?
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article3622183.ece#ixzz1OZ0zA3Rl

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Nedvěd;3077945 said:
According to SSN Jones is United's and for £16m.
Why you wouldn't play him him in midfield? I've only seen him as CB and he is a beast but other United fans saying that he is a top DM.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article3622183.ece#ixzz1OZ0zA3Rl
One, he's a young player and playing them in multiple positions can screw up their development, plus he's an absolute beast in the back and he's huge.

I wonder if you guys will loan him to Blackburn for a season or send Evans/Brown/O'Shea the other way.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's around 55 mln £ for Carrroll and Henderson?

IS ALESSIO SECCO IN CHARGE OF LIVERPOOL?
The funny thing is that Coventry could have bought Caroll for £0.8m when he was in Newcastle reserves, and Henderson for £1.5m when he was on loan with a purchase fee.

Actually no it's not funny at all, it's a fucking travesty :(

Nedvěd

One, he's a young player and playing them in multiple positions can screw up their development, plus he's an absolute beast in the back and he's huge.

I wonder if you guys will loan him to Blackburn for a season or send Evans/Brown/O'Shea the other way.
Oh that's a good point. O'Shea suffered from the same thing as he never played in a regular position when he was young.
But Jones can still offer a cover if some of our mids got injured.

Brown is on his way out, and maybe Evans will get sold or loaned out.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

That has been mentioned before, seems likely. United already have two top class DC's and Smalling (good) and Evans (overrated but decent 4th DC).

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'd rather see us go for Dann if Jones is going to cost an arm and a leg.
Dann has improved a lot since he moved to the PL, but he will always be quite a slow player. On one hand Birmingham fell apart and got relegated in no small part because he got injured, and on the other he was (with Johnson) in an ultra defensive Alex McLeish side, which always helps defenders. Even Stephen Carr, who was virtually retired, looked really good in that back four.

The other factor is how well he has returned from his injury. As he's now playing for a Championship side I wouldn't pay more than £10m for him, but I can see Birmingham getting £15m. Loaning or giving them players is always easy for a Championship side too.

Where is Danny Wilson anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)