[ENG] Premiership 2009/2010 (32 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Well Ferguson paid a big sum of money on Berbatov, he isn't going to give up on him easily. But Tevez deserved to start more than Berbatov based on last season's performances.
Would you pay 25m on Tevez cos I would not? Yes he is very amiable with his work rate and all but his quality is lacking imo and it has nothing to do with Ferguson

For Argentina he does the same thing as he runs around but on the ball, his finishing as well as his passes leave a lot to be desired.

I know Berbatov has the work rate of Zlatan on sleeping pills but he is quality unlike Tevez whose another version of Kuyt.

Yes he saved West Ham but thats not very difficult as loads of ppl are big fish in a small pond.

I am 1 of those that find him to be overrated but I can understand why he is beloved by a lot of fans

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Would you pay 25m on Tevez cos I would not? Yes he is very amiable with his work rate and all but his quality is lacking imo and it has nothing to do with Ferguson

For Argentina he does the same thing as he runs around but on the ball, his finishing as well as his passes leave a lot to be desired.

I know Berbatov has the work rate of Zlatan on sleeping pills but he is quality unlike Tevez whose another version of Kuyt.

Yes he saved West Ham but thats not very difficult as loads of ppl are big fish in a small pond.

I am 1 of those that find him to be overrated but I can understand why he is beloved by a lot of fans
Couldnt dissagree more!!

Tevez is a very good player. I enjoy very much watching him play. He is fast with good ball controll, he has an amazing amount of strenght in him considering his size. He works all over the field and most importantly he scores goals.

And as for the bolded part, why would you mention Kuyt in such context. Not every offensive player has to score 15+ goals per season. He works for 90 minutes, he runs all over the pitch, he does a lot of hard work. Sometimes, football teams need players like that. Dont say that he is not a good player just because you dont like that kind of players!!

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I did not say he is not a good player, I said he is a very overrated 1 and I am not sure what you mean by his size as people of his size are usually hard working.

You would not expect 6 ft 5 players to be hard working now would ya? He has played 50 games for Argentina with 8 goals, thats 1 goal in every 6 games, sorry thats not good enough for a striker.

He also loses the ball to often and that is another reason he is always running back to retrieve. I was looking at his stats for West Ham and he scored 7 in 26 games, okay they were crucial but it is still not very impressive.

I admit I am not a fan but I never said he is a good player but 25m for his return of goals is a huge waste of money as far as I am concerned.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Tevez's finishing leaves a lot to be desired. But his passing? He's a rather good passer actually, he's fast, he's a good dribbler, he's got decent technique and that is in addition to his admirable work rate.

I believe he's a good player, one that i wish was at Arsenal. He might not have had a good season this year(Ferguson's fault). But he was amazing last year imo.

I think he can move to most big teams and start for them. I also think he will be a success wherever he goes.

25M Pounds is an exaggerated sum of money for Tevez, but they've paid similar amounts for players that aren't as good as Tevez.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Tevez's finishing leaves a lot to be desired. But his passing? He's a rather good passer actually, he's fast, he's a good dribbler, he's got decent technique and that is in addition to his admirable work rate.

I believe he's a good player, one that i wish was at Arsenal. He might not have had a good season this year(Ferguson's fault). But he was amazing last year imo.

I think he can move to most big teams and start for them. I also think he will be a success wherever he goes.

25M Pounds is an exaggerated sum of money for Tevez, but they've paid similar amounts for players that aren't as good as Tevez.
Why do you say its Fergie's fault? You do not expect him to shell out 30m on Berbatov and not play him do ya?

And it would not have been possible to play all 4 together, besides bias aside there is no way that Tevez is as good as Rooney taking away the nonsensical hype of the English media.

Of cos ud want someone like Tevez at Arsenal when your options include Emmanuel (1 minute he is comparing Milan to Beyonce and the next minute he is kissing the badge) Adebayor; Robin Van ( my groin is on the blink again!) Persie as the main strikers with Eduardo seemingly not fit to play.

I am just curious about those that praise Tevez and Kuyt ( not that they are not good players) but if they were not so hard-working, how would you rate them?

I honestly do not see the difference between them and Iaquinta as they give you far more quantity than quality.

@ Henry if you put Kuyt in his preferred position, he would not score enough goals to get the critics off his back, where he is now, he can be praised for his work ethic but as a striker, what ppl look at is your ability to score not chase back opposition.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
How would you rate if Del Piero couldn't get past his defender?

It's stupid to strip players of their abilities and the rate them.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
As long as he can still hit a mean free kick, pass the ball very well and be creative in his play then no problem.

What he and players like him have, Id describe as skill but players like Tevez, what they have, Id call attributes. What he adds to a side is quantity and not quality in my view.

Not that I am being petty or anything cos I am sure you did not mean it that way but if it was me that said what you wrote was stupid, Id be getting it double barrelled by now but its all good.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
No I certainly didn't meant to insult you. I'm sorry if it came out that way. I just wanted to say that to me it seems pointless to strip players of their attributes. Because they already have them, they have worked their whole life to have them, one can't just take that from them.

And if a player goes past a player with skill or sheer willforce or workrate there wont be any different, the important thing that the player gets his job done.

I just want to add that i think that Tevez has a lot more to offer that just his work rate.

Btw, you wouldn't have gotten a double barrel treatment from me, I'm sure of that :p

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I am not complaining at all, I was just trying to point out stuff as I was certain you didnt mean what you said in that context of saying what I said was stupid but some on here misconstrue stuff

I have seen Tevez play a lot if times, I have tried to like his style of play because his efforts are admirable, I just find him lacking in quality, sure he is more skilful than a lot of players but I guess I was expecting more from him, the way ppl were raving about him before I had seen him play.

I know I am being hypercritical of him and to be fair there are lots of players that fans and pundits rave about, that I do not see their qualities but appreciate why people like them

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
@ Henry if you put Kuyt in his preferred position, he would not score enough goals to get the critics off his back, where he is now, he can be praised for his work ethic but as a striker, what ppl look at is your ability to score not chase back opposition.

that's why I said preferred position, rather than best position :D you're definitely correct. he probably wouldn't have scored or had as many assists had he played up front.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Why do you say its Fergie's fault? You do not expect him to shell out 30m on Berbatov and not play him do ya?

And it would not have been possible to play all 4 together, besides bias aside there is no way that Tevez is as good as Rooney taking away the nonsensical hype of the English media.

Of cos ud want someone like Tevez at Arsenal when your options include Emmanuel (1 minute he is comparing Milan to Beyonce and the next minute he is kissing the badge) Adebayor; Robin Van ( my groin is on the blink again!) Persie as the main strikers with Eduardo seemingly not fit to play.

I am just curious about those that praise Tevez and Kuyt ( not that they are not good players) but if they were not so hard-working, how would you rate them?

I honestly do not see the difference between them and Iaquinta as they give you far more quantity than quality.

Ferguson was wrong to go out and shell 30M on Berbatov, after Tevez had a very good season with United. Whose first season was better at United, Berbatov or Tevez?

Berbatov hasn't offered much to Man United to be honest, he was a magician at Tottenham but at United he has been a lazy semi flop.

And i don't think that Tevez and Kuyt are close at all. Kuyt has no skill whatsoever, and is more of a hard working player who would run all day. Tevez is more skillful than you give him credit for. He's got good close ball control and is able to take on defenders, he offers the team penetration and is rather good in his link up play. He is nowhere near the same type of player as Kuyt.

Tevez and Rooney aren't that far away. Sure Rooney is the better player as he offers better vision and is more versatile. But in terms of techincal ability they are pretty much on the same level. I'd say Rooney is just a little better than Tevez.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)