[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Giovinco can be a left winger that cuts in alot, Nedved played as a AMC more or less when he starts from the left but goes inside alot (most of our counters are started from Nedved from the center). Give Gio freedom to cut in, and he will do fine on the left. The only thing is with two hardworking DMs, we should let him off the hook in tracking back.

Nedved style is to work hard, so even when he isnt required to track back, he does. So hopefully Ranieri sees the difference and lets Giovinco off that burden. Ranieri likes Giovinco, so he knows him well enough already, and should be able to be flexible. Playing on the left wing with freedom will work fine for Gio.
:tup:

This also puts a bit less pressure on Giovinco as there would be huge pressure on him if we changed the shape of the side just for him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Hey the first club game i ever watched was Rangers in the SPL(cant remember against who).So if anyone should be laughed at....:D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
No offense man but :lol:
Think about it. I was fourteen during the 98' World Cup. Up until then my only contact with pro soccer was the Mexican league, early MLS, and the A-League. Also I was at the age where I began to understand football and for the first time I could really watch international football and understand technically and tactically what was going on. I had no real bias or favorite other than the US, therefore no real expectations. So I'm watching the England - Argentina game and some kid from England totally owns the entire Argie squad and scores a magnificent goal. At that time I was mainly just a player and wasn't really interested in the spectating aspect of the game, until I saw that goal. Then I started watching the weekly Prem wrap up show on Fox Sports World and I was hooked.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Think about it. I was fourteen during the 98' World Cup. Up until then my only contact with pro soccer was the Mexican league, early MLS, and the A-League. Also I was at the age where I began to understand football and for the first time I could really watch international football and understand technically and tactically what was going on. I had no real bias or favorite other than the US, therefore no real expectations. So I'm watching the England - Argentina game and some kid from England totally owns the entire Argie squad and scores a magnificent goal. At that time I was mainly just a player and wasn't really interested in the spectating aspect of the game, until I saw that goal. Then I started watching the weekly Prem wrap up show on Fox Sports World and I was hooked.
I laughed because all what owen did is run past 2 defenders (didn't dribble) and the next day all the english :gsol: expert were comparing he's goal with maradona's goal against them :lol:

I always knew that owen is not a WC player all what he had is speed and thats it, when he grew older and lost he's pace people saw he's real talent ;)

May 22, 2007
I laughed because all what owen did is run past 2 defenders (didn't dribble) and the next day all the english :gsol: expert were comparing he's goal with maradona's goal against them :lol:

I always knew that owen is not a WC player all what he had is speed and thats it, when he grew older and lost he's pace people saw he's real talent ;)
Oh lord, you are seriously retarded aren't you. He ran half the pitch and scored a brilliant goal. Its not as good as Diegos but it was still fucking special. Then look at all the vital goals he scored for Liverpool in various competitions, no choking, just talent. If he hadn't got injured then he would still be at the top of his game. He didnt all of a sudden become shit you cretin.

Takes something special to be like you are. Must say.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Owen is NOT a World Class player??? :crazy: :burke:
Just my opinion of the guy....U think he's talented and i don't think so, owen is he's mid 20's and where is he now!! And plz don't compare he's situation with cossano cause they're situation is totally different.........
Oh lord, you are seriously retarded aren't you. He ran half the pitch and scored a brilliant goal. Its not as good as Diegos but it was still fucking special. Then look at all the vital goals he scored for Liverpool in various competitions, no choking, just talent. If he hadn't got injured then he would still be at the top of his game. He didnt all of a sudden become shit you cretin.

Hey Am not an expert and never claimed to be but again that just my opinion on the guy. I've been watching european football for the past 16 years so i've seen plenty of talented players out there. When i first saw cassano play against lazio (with he's former club bari) i knew the guy is talented, it took me just 30 minutes to recognize that he's really talented. Same with ronaldo (brazilian) in he's day's with PSV. The guy's first touch to the ball show that he's a great talent. Owen is not, he had the pace with some lucky goals and thats it IMO.

Never seen owen pass a player with a great dribbling move (he's way of dribbling is kick the ball and run faster than the defender thats it). Many times he missed on very easy goals that any world class forward would not miss.

finally don't call people retarded when they have another opinion that is different than ur's and try to show some respect. We're not debating ronaldo's talent, zidane, maradona or R.baggio here. The guy is IMO an overhyped player who did good in 1 world cup and performed great in the EPL when it was much more inferior to other leagues (serie A and la liga) at the time.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Michael Owen has had terrible luck with injuries, if he had remained fit, he was one of the deadliest strikers of the modern era...Rooney is a bag of shit compared to Owen

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005

agreed completely on this, and as a scot trust me that goal was not something i enjoyed watching but you cannot take away from the lad, that was an excellent run, good composure and a cracking finish against a very good argentina side. owen has been incredibly unlucky both in career choices and injuries. he was in a liverpool side that was never going to conquer england, joined a real madrid team(and scored goals)witha manager that did not really want him and opted for newcastle where he will be idolised but ALWAYS let down by their lack of security at the back.
i have no doubts that if the much mooted move to manure ever came through he would be viewed in a much better light than he is currently

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
they had Laudrup and Gascoine at that time iirc, i enjoyed watching them very much:oops:
Ah yes, back in the days when Rangers actually had a good side.

One of my favourite ever games was when Aberdeen beat, and out played, that Rangers side in a semi-final at Hampden.

May 22, 2007
Hey Am not an expert and never claimed to be but again that just my opinion on the guy. I've been watching european football for the past 16 years so i've seen plenty of talented players out there. When i first saw cassano play against lazio (with he's former club bari) i knew the guy is talented, it took me just 30 minutes to recognize that he's really talented. Same with ronaldo (brazilian) in he's day's with PSV. The guy's first touch to the ball show that he's a great talent. Owen is not, he had the pace with some lucky goals and thats it IMO.

Never seen owen pass a player with a great dribbling move (he's way of dribbling is kick the ball and run faster than the defender thats it). Many times he missed on very easy goals that any world class forward would not miss.

finally don't call people retarded when they have another opinion that is different than ur's and try to show some respect. We're not debating ronaldo's talent, zidane, maradona or R.baggio here. The guy is IMO an overhyped player who did good in 1 world cup and performed great in the EPL when it was much more inferior to other leagues (serie A and la liga) at the time.
Players do not need to do fancy moves, ever. As long as they get the job done, and thats the important thing. Owen knew he had amazing pace, used it to his advantage and look at all the goals he scored. He scored 40 goals in 80 caps for England, and more than a goal every other game for Liverpool. I don't have to go too much into scoring as there are plenty of sources which google will find to help you with that. And if he missed easy chances, he scored the next he was offered.

Serie A is currently inferior to the Premiership and La Liga. Does that mean that Del Piero coming top scorer didn't do as good as players in the 'better' leagues?

And yeah, will try and keep the insults out of things from now on.

agreed completely on this, and as a scot trust me that goal was not something i enjoyed watching but you cannot take away from the lad, that was an excellent run, good composure and a cracking finish against a very good argentina side. owen has been incredibly unlucky both in career choices and injuries. he was in a liverpool side that was never going to conquer england, joined a real madrid team(and scored goals)witha manager that did not really want him and opted for newcastle where he will be idolised but ALWAYS let down by their lack of security at the back.
i have no doubts that if the much mooted move to manure ever came through he would be viewed in a much better light than he is currently
Fits nicely into it, good post. Can't really add anything to that.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Players do not need to do fancy moves, ever. As long as they get the job done, and thats the important thing. Owen knew he had amazing pace, used it to his advantage and look at all the goals he scored. He scored 40 goals in 80 caps for England, and more than a goal every other game for Liverpool. I don't have to go too much into scoring as there are plenty of sources which google will find to help you with that. And if he missed easy chances, he scored the next he was offered.

Serie A is currently inferior to the Premiership and La Liga. Does that mean that Del Piero coming top scorer didn't do as good as players in the 'better' leagues?
And now with he's injuries he lost the most important advantage that he had in he's game and thats speed so he failed to impress much in recent years. Ronaldo too was a very pacey player before (with injuries and age) he lost he's pace but still amazes us even today whenever he had a chance to play (milan vs napoli game last season).

My point is, great players don't depend on one aspect of their game only (in owen's case its speed). Players like del piero, ronaldo and others had serious injuries (though ronaldo's injury is perhaps the most serious) they lost their speed with age but class will always be there. Owen had one thing IMO to he's game and that is speed (he lost that so he can't get back to where he once was).......

Éver

Mar 1, 2008
Mate, Owen's game is not about doing some fancy move to trick a player. It was his pace, his off the ball movement, his anticipation, his intelligence, his finishing. that is Owen's game. I can't be arsed to check his goal record, but I think you'll find that if you do, it is a brilliant record. At International level, and Liverpool even at Real Madrid. Nowadays however, he isnt as fast because of injuries etc, he started to play a new position behind the strikers now and he's still playing well and scoring. Is also captain btw.

In summation, you don't know what you're going on about. hth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)