[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Mate, Owen's game is not about doing some fancy move to trick a player. It was his pace, his off the ball movement, his anticipation, his intelligence, his finishing. that is Owen's game. I can't be arsed to check his goal record, but I think you'll find that if you do, it is a brilliant record. At International level, and Liverpool even at Real Madrid. Nowadays however, he isnt as fast because of injuries etc, he started to play a new position behind the strikers now and he's still playing well and scoring. Is also captain btw.

In summation, you don't know what you're going on about. hth.
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Mate, Owen's game is not about doing some fancy move to trick a player. It was his pace, his off the ball movement, his anticipation, his intelligence, his finishing. that is Owen's game. I can't be arsed to check his goal record, but I think you'll find that if you do, it is a brilliant record. At International level, and Liverpool even at Real Madrid. Nowadays however, he isnt as fast because of injuries etc, he started to play a new position behind the strikers now and he's still playing well and scoring. Is also captain btw.

In summation, you don't know what you're going on about. hth.
Look everyone has he's own opinion and again we're not debating about zidane, ronaldo or maradona here !! I don't rate the guy high and i believe that he's pace is all what he's about. :beer:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
you cannot look at owen now and judge him,EVERYONE at newcastle struggles!it is a footballing graveyard that only inter matched,if they do not get a better side together than i expect owen to move on, if he gets into a decent team he will score goals for fun again

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
OnlyJuve, you have to admit that at least his finishing is top class.
Well i think he's a decent finisher but not a top class for sure, He missed so many times from easy chances and thats to me shows he's not top class finisher. He scored many goals for he's former club liverpool but again there r reasons that he scored all these goals (EPL was inferior to both serie A and la liga, EPL teams play's open football were teams create many chances in 90minutes plus they had poor defences back then).

Look i would never rate a player good or bad if i hadn't seen him. I've watched owen from he's very beginning with liverpool before the 98 world cup. And he's a decent talent (not WC) thats my whole argument....

May 22, 2007
Well i think he's a decent finisher but not a top class for sure, He missed so many times from easy chances and thats to me shows he's not top class finisher.
Every striker in the world misses easy chances, yeah. Some miss more though, and the ones who miss the least are the top class ones, as shown in their scoring records. Like Owens. Del Piero has missed loads of easy chances, does that mean he isn't a top class finisher in your opinion?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Owen is up with guys like Trezeguet and Van Nistelrooy as one of the best finishers of the last decade.

To suggest otherwise is just foolish.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
you cannot look at owen now and judge him,EVERYONE at newcastle struggles!it is a footballing graveyard that only inter matched,if they do not get a better side together than i expect owen to move on, if he gets into a decent team he will score goals for fun again
it's weird, there is no really no explanation why they suck so bad...they have everything a big club requires to succeed....BoD that is willing to spend, massive stadium, huge fanbase...their lack of success has always been strange to me

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
it's weird, there is no really no explanation why they suck so bad...they have everything a big club requires to succeed....BoD that is willing to spend, massive stadium, huge fanbase...their lack of success has always been strange to me
They don't have the "attitude".

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
aye i remember watching as game with them last season, they had a midfield containing Nicky Butt,Alan Smith,Damien Duff,Emre and Owen up front, most teams in the EPL would love guys with their pedigree and looks decent on paper but the reality is a god awful team who have no cohesion. i remember they bought boumsong, blamed everything on him despite the fact his CB partner was Titus Bramble. until newcastle realize that success begins with a solid defense then their years of toil will continue

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Arsenal to win it this year. Manchester to finish 4th, Liverpool3rd chelsea 2
That's probably right, though I'm assuming you're thinking that Man U loses Ronaldo.

Oh and here's the latest off the wall goal.com/crazy fan blog theory. It will be an NBA style "trade" where Chelsea sell Drogba to Barca, then purchase Torres for some record smashing fee(70 to 80 mil) and we in turn buy Eto'o for around 30 mil from Barca. I'll eat my hat if that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)