[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Arsenal to win it this year. Manchester to finish 4th, Liverpool3rd chelsea 2
if manure buy berbatov then i hate to say it but they will win it AGAIN this year, even if they lose ronaldo

That's probably right, though I'm assuming you're thinking that Man U loses Ronaldo.

Oh and here's the latest off the wall goal.com/crazy fan blog theory. It will be an NBA style "trade" where Chelsea sell Drogba to Barca, then purchase Torres for some record smashing fee(70 to 80 mil) and we in turn buy Eto'o for around 30 mil from Barca. I'll eat my hat if that happens.
the way i hear it you have to add in........adebayor to milan,santa cruz to arsenal

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Because he got in lots of scoring positions.

Statistics on Sky Sports showed that Arsenal scored more goals in game when Hleb was not playing.
That's the only weak aspect of his game. Brilliant player nonetheless, would take him in a heartbeat, despite his lack of goalscoring abilities. He can offer so much.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
That's the only weak aspect of his game. Brilliant player nonetheless, would take him in a heartbeat, despite his lack of goalscoring abilities. He can offer so much.
While I enjoy watching him, I think I would find him incredibly frustrating if he played for a side I supported.

While he does nice things and links the play well, he ought to be doing more given how talented he is.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
i wonder why all Arsenal fans blame hleb for not scoring although he was not an attacker
because he gets more than enough scoring opportunities to score a mere two league goals a season.

also, you know something is wrong when both centerbacks regularly outscore you every season, and your supposed to be an attacking midfielder.

not taking anything away from him though, he's a fantastic player when on form, he even proved me wrong last season, because if you remember i wanted him gone last summer.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
but isn't that something that wenger knew about him before he was bought ? He scored about 40 or something goals in 5 years for Stuttgart in a league that he should be ripping to shreds with his talent.

I think that is one of the reasons why Wenger never complained about him not scoring so much. Also the amount of penetration, linkage and assists compensates for it. I guess scoring is the next level up for him or he would be up there with the best in Europe.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
but isn't that something that wenger knew about him before he was bought ? He scored about 40 or something goals in 5 years for Stuttgart in a league that he should be ripping to shreds with his talent.

I think that is one of the reasons why Wenger never complained about him not scoring so much. Also the amount of penetration, linkage and assists compensates for it. I guess scoring is the next level up for him or he would be up there with the best in Europe.
yes and i dont expect of him to do a "Ronaldo" myself, but when one on one with the keeper, your a proffesional footballer you have to score.

Jul 15, 2006
Liverpool's transfer policy is ridiculous, they were acting as though then couldn't match the fee Villa had put on him, and kept on adding fringe players to do deal, that too four times. And, now today they happily match Spurs' asking price of 19m for Robbie Keane. Pffff

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Fair point.

As good a player as I think he is, I think he would be infuriating to watch if he played for a team you cared about.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Liverpool's transfer policy is ridiculous, they were acting as though then couldn't match the fee Villa had put on him, and kept on adding fringe players to do deal, that too four times. And, now today they happily match Spurs' asking price of 19m for Robbie Keane. Pffff
Pfff yourself. It's because Keane gives us more help that Barry. Plus Fulham had already inflated the transfer market with a 12 mil purchase of Andy Johnson. In addition the transfer was possible mostly because of Peter Crouch's sale to Portsmouth. So we really only spent 8 mil out of our original transfer kitty. The way Benetez is spending is kind of rational. He sells a forward and uses that profit to buy another forward. If we had sold a midfielder we would have used that profit to buy Barry.

Barry isn't worth the 20 mill, especially when Muntari goes to Inter for significantly less. If someone went to Chelsea or Man U for like 11 mil then I could see spending 18 or so on Barry. EPL to EPL transfers are always crazy. Sometimes I wish Liverpool would move to Germany or something where the market isn't so inflated.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
Giggsy on his career

RYAN GIGGS picks out some of his favourite moments during his career and looks at the great players he has played with and against.

The best XI I've played with

Schmeichel, G Neville, Pallister, Rio Ferdinand, Irwin, Beckham, Roy Keane, Scholes, Cristiano Ronaldo, Cantona, Hughes.

The best XI I've played against

Seaman, Zanetti, Adams, Maldini, Roberto Carlos, Figo, Zidane, Gerrard, Del Piero, Romario, Ronaldo.

Greatest honour

I USED to say making my debut, but lifting the Champions League trophy this year may just have eclipsed it.

Getting my OBE

IT was one of the greatest moments of my life. It felt like a recognition of everything I had achieved.

Biggest party animal

THE whole Bryan Robson team used to party. He used to insist we all went out and get drunk after every game.

Dirtiest player

Two Juventus players — Paolo Montero and Ciro Ferrara. If one of them missed you, the other one would get you.

Best ever player

Zinedine Zidane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)