[ENG] Premier League 2015/2016 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
The money is still in the premier league, so that drop IMO is temporary.

But that's what great about football, you don't "only" have to be the richest to win in Europe. Other elements makes the difference.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
And last years European results, CL and EL.
I know it's an overused reason, but I really think it's clear EPL teams see the EL as a burden. In fact wasn't it the Swansea manager last season who said something like he was happy his team didn't get an EL spot?

As for the CL. I don't think Italian teams fared better than English teams there in the past few years.

That being said, I do think the EPL has been average for a number of years now, I just think the Serie A has been worse.

Right now, La Liga is a level or two above those leagues.

I'm trying to but he's no fun

Ugh...
Fvcker :D

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I know it's an overused reason, but I really think it's clear EPL teams see the EL as a burden. In fact wasn't it the Swansea manager last season who said something like he was happy his team didn't get an EL spot?

As for the CL. I don't think Italian teams fared better than English teams there in the past few years.

That being said, I do think the EPL has been average for a number of years now, I just think the Serie A has been worse.

Right now, La Liga is a level or two above those leagues.

Fvcker :D
PL is dropping down since a lot longer than just a few years. The final between Chelsea and Man UTD in CL was the top moment of the league. Now, all the big teams in PL look like a place for the greediest mercenaries and it's a rare thing to see a team spirit that Arsenal had when they reached the final, Liverpool had when they too reached the final or Utd had during Ferguson. All the English teams look like a bunch of great players put together without a desire to win and the only thing they are after is personal recognition and not achievements for their teams.

On the other hand I think that PL is the place where you can build the ultimate team, because of the media coverage and the funding. But will it happen? I don't know.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
PL is dropping down since a lot longer than just a few years. The final between Chelsea and Man UTD in CL was the top moment of the league. Now, all the big teams in PL look like a place for the greediest mercenaries and it's a rare thing to see a team spirit that Arsenal had when they reached the final, Liverpool had when they too reached the final or Utd had during Ferguson. All the English teams look like a bunch of great players put together without a desire to win and the only thing they are after is personal recognition and not achievements for their teams.

On the other hand I think that PL is the place where you can build the ultimate team, because of the media coverage and the funding. But will it happen? I don't know.
Agreed on all counts.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Looking at Chelsea-Arsenal I feel like we played the best English team on Tuesday.

Both teams try to get into counter position

- - - Updated - - -

caveman is one disgusting human being

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)