Emre Can (56 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Rusty but its no excuse when he tries to take on several players or holds the ball too long and gets dispossesed. When he hits the ball and tries to go around a player, its on a verge of comical. Moves in slow motion. Needs to find more simple solutions.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Can see the potential with his strength and the way he turns players. He sometimes plays some good passes.

Generally his passing has been slack though and is often a yard or two behind the target player which slows us down. He also seems slow and his touch isn't the best.

He is just getting back from a long time out, so hopefully he will improve as he gets more game time.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
He showed some nice strength on the ball, he didn't look very good on the ball but from everything I've heard he is a pretty technical player so im willing to give him some more time, he's had an unlucky season, but I still don't think he is starting quality.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I still like him, penalty... well he was just unlucky and rules are stupid - the same goes for our penalty, this shouldnt be treated as one imo.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think he will turn out good in the long run. He seems to have a lot of raw ability but first he needs to get fit and then a good coach like Allegri to smack the laziness out of his game and get him focused.

I do like how he is both good on the ball and can throw in a real mean tackle. We need a player like he could be.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'll bet he's yet another player we see a much better second season from. His role and coaching at Liverpool is different, the football is different.

It gets mentioned and mocked a lot but not all players can come from outside of Serie A and hit the ground running, not even in our thoroughly dominating team. Some fly but the majority take some time. It's not because of the standard but how teams are set up and greater player responsibility to tactical approached and shifts. Strikers and keepers can get away with it to an extent but not so much the others.

Apr 19, 2007
I'll bet he's yet another player we see a much better second season from. His role and coaching at Liverpool is different, the football is different.

It gets mentioned and mocked a lot but not all players can come from outside of Serie A and hit the ground running, not even in our thoroughly dominating team. Some fly but the majority take some time. It's not because of the standard but how teams are set up and greater player responsibility to tactical approached and shifts. Strikers and keepers can get away with it to an extent but not so much the others.
Not only that but he is young and was injured. If we are to go the distance we need him to get some form

May 26, 2016
What makes you think he wasn’t good enough for Liverpool? He was a starter there unless he was injured.
You are missing the point, he would not play in their current squad.

Tbh, i know a lot of Pool supporters and something i found very alarming was that noone of them seemed the slightest of concern when Can was leaving them.

On the contrary a lot of them were actually kind of relieved as they saw him as someone holding their team back and was looking forward to sign Naby Keita (which to me also, is a much more dynamic and useful player).

When I spoke to them they listed several points and mentioned why they felt it was right to let him go:

1: Concentration: he makes simple mistakes and misplaces passes that leads to counter attack.

2: Decision making: he is a ball winner but a terrible distributor of the ball. not ideal.

3: Attitude, he often spends time arguing with the refs and carries a negative vibe onto the pitch. He makes rash challenges and often gets booked.

This is not something that cant be developed and fixed, but from what i have seen im also not very impressed by him. Maybe thats my personal bias, but i cant see him do anything more than a squad filling role here at most.:think:

That said , i hope he will improve and prove me wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)