[Emirates Cup] Hamburg vs Juventus (August 3rd 2008) (3 Viewers)

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
With all this talk from you lot about how much we suck and how badly we played against Hamburg, and how Secco and Ranieri are shit, I am 100% convinced of one thing:

The English-speaking Juventus fans are a bunch of ignorant assholes who could use a lesson in football and a corn cob up their collective ass.

Stop disrespecting my club with your stupid, erroneous commentary or I'll suicide bomb all you freaks.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Could you explain this better, with numbers.

You lost me here mate. I thought you said that we invest our money on wrong players, which means that we do invest money but we don't do it wisely.
So now i'm confused that you say they are unwilling to invest.
If you take a closer look you'll see that in last two summers Juventus was the team that invested more money on transfers than any other serie A team.
Didnt we paid like 10mil more than they did for the free Flamini, now you can impart this sum and add it to Poulsen's contract and pay Flamini's salary for the same years his contract with Milan has...;)

We invested a sum but not at all the expected one. We were supposed to invest 100+mil (some reports even said 200mil for 3 years for transfers only)
And at any case, at this certain period of time Juve faced the darkest time in her history, the Agnelli's failed to protect her and know they ought to invest more than every other time.
Since we are building up our crippled team from scratch, we were supposed to use much more money than our direct adversaries to close the gap between us.
When we calculated the money we spent the last years after all those sells and releases, we discovered that we did that with the minimum of investment and you and other members came with the excuse that we were saving these money for this year, when our CL spot would help us tempt world class players and guess what, we are here again buying cheap and free players and wasting our only available money a 5th forward (we still had Palla and Zala's rights) and a 4th DM...
C mon Allen you know better than this we had this discussion before, you know what i m talking about...

We lost many great offers for peanuts and you know that!! Stop pretending you dont!! 10-30more mil wouldnt have hurt the Agnellis to help us bring back were we were quality wise. Instead of those mediocre player we could have bought high class ones. We dont need premium Ronaldinho ones for showing off, but there are plenty of other players available for decent sums, sums only a bit higher than the ones we already paying for the Tiago's and Poulsens...

If you are implying that Inter bought more and better player than us with less transfer money last year then our problem is even bigger than it seems...

Boumsong and Almiron did not improve the quality of the bench.
Thats irrelevant, Poulsen, Knezevic, Marchisio, De Ceglie and Mellberg could be all be considered flops and unhelpful in the future, but the point is its our managers faulty choices, there are no excuses here, they chose to gamble instead of bringing less, but more quality players. Point is that with the same resources we could have better material and better results and we only failed because of our choices!

Well, if it has to be one of our players, then Molinaro again I suppose.
Molinaro will play a crucial role to Juve's future...:shifty:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Didnt we paid like 10mil more than they did for the free Flamini, now you can impart this sum and add it to Poulsen's contract and pay Flamini's salary for the same years his contract with Milan has...;)
I already did the maths in another topic, but i think you didn't. Or at least you didn't do it correctly. :)
And it's not only about the money difference between what we payed for Poulsen and what we would've payed for Flamini.
I'm repeating this for 5th time already, but Flamini earns 5.6m eur in Milan. If we offered him these money it would mean that he was going to be our highest payed player and he was going to earn more money than Buffon, Del Piero, Trezguet and Camoranesi. Do you really think our stars would have let this go just like that, without asking for a pay raise themselves ?

And when they were going to ask for more money, what were we supposed to do ? Give all of them a million or two more or not give them more money and risk much more with them being disappointed and unhappy ?

It was much more complicated than what you think. Flamini to Juve wasn't realistic after Milan offered 5.6m eur.
Xabi Alonso on the other hand.......

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Fair point on the other players asking for a pay raise, i cant disagree since i ve raised it up my self in the past.

I saw that thread but i wasnt agreed on the reported sum, but since my time was limited to find and bring in more resources about that, i stepped down.
If this sum is indeed confirmed then we did well to let him go...
even if we could pay him for the same salary using Poulsen's salary (which almost half) and transfer sum.
We are such a small team i know and we cant compete the great Milan on the salaries field, we never did and we will never will be,
but still between Flamini and Poulsen there are still a whole lot of player we could get and their salaries vary as much, do you honestly think we couldnt have done better, or you support our boards decision for the shake of it?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I would like to know what people mean, when they say creativity??? That we don't play with 10 upfront or that we don't have any Brazilian doing fancy footwork???? Please tell me!
Yea. it confuses me too. For me creativity is the ability to create chances and I am pretty sure our team creates lots of chances, everyone has witnessed that. But i can tell you what, many here admire the way Barcelona play and would want us to play like them.
How many times do I (and others) have to make it clear to people that while some do enjoy the way Barcelona plays the game, we don't necessarily want us to play football like them? Besides the fact that we will NEVER play the way Barcelona does (and for good reason), the Catalan side doesn't even create that many chances in front of goal considering they haven't played with a pure targetman since Kluivert was in town. Instead, they play possession football with tricks and flicks, which in my opinion is pretty entertaining to watch. But I guarantee you that some fans would begin to hate that football if your team has been farting around struggling with efficiency problems against other teams.

So no, for the last fucking time, I don't want to play like Barcelona.

However, we DO indeed have creativity problems. Countless times last season (and in other seasons with Capello) we have found ourselves clueless on the ball in midfield and impotent in striking against teams that sit back against us. COUNTLESS times people here have complained about how we resorted to long balls once it was completely obvious we were not going to break through defenses, and that's why we lost some points during the season. I don't care if we have the two best strikers in Serie A up top, if you cannot get the ball to them when teams sit back, they're almost useless. This is the problem we have when teams sit back, which is about half of friggin' Serie A. So don't tell me this is not a problem on our hands.

This isn't Capello's team where we had enough power and efficiency to get the job done plowing through Serie A teams anymore - Inter is far more suited to play that way. But the way we happen to play now, without quality wingers such as Zambrotta, Maicon, Zanetti, Mancini, and the now elderly Nedved, we cannot play Capello's game. We will always be missing something extra. So to compensate, we need a player to help distribute the ball around the park or someone to create around the box. Unless Giovinco can step it up at Juve, we lack that player. And trust me, it's going to show just like last stagione.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I saw that thread but i wasnt agreed on the reported sum, but since my time was limited to find and bring in more resources about that, i stepped down.
If this sum is indeed confirmed then we did well to let him go...
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=682482

I know it's from Goal.com, but they took it from Sky Sport Italia, which is reliable. They reported 5.6m euro per year.
I read the same from many different sources back then when Milan signed him.

P.S: And i was in Italy back then, so it's even more reliable since i read it in Italian newspapers :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This is why I don't give a shit about friendlies. Bloody fucking Chinamen were running rings around Zebina during the Asian tour, and people were calling for him to be sold just after that nonsense.

I'd like to suggest to people to not even bother watching the friendlies. There is absolutely no possible way to predict how we will play with all these different changes to the side. From those who say we will be doomed to those who say Ekdal and Rossi are next "whomevers", it doesn't matter. Even that disgrace to the left-back position in football scored a goal for us in a friendly last August.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
However, we DO indeed have creativity problems. Countless times last season (and in other seasons with Capello) we have found ourselves clueless on the ball in midfield and impotent in striking against teams that sit back against us. COUNTLESS times people here have complained about how we resorted to long balls once it was completely obvious we were not going to break through defenses, and that's why we lost some points during the season. I don't care if we have the two best strikers in Serie A up top, if you cannot get the ball to them when teams sit back, they're almost useless. This is the problem we have when teams sit back, which is about half of friggin' Serie A. So don't tell me this is not a problem on our hands.
I do agree with you on this.
And that's why i still can't understand how could Milan have even bigger problems to create chances (last season).
They had Pirlo, Kaka and Seedorf and yet, when teams came to San Siro and defended with 10 men, these guys couldn't do shit and the team conceded on counters.

But on the other hand, Milan couldn't do what we do with ease. Put the ball on the flanks where Nedved and Camoranesi operate and there was always someone capable to get to the cross first and put the ball in the net.

I guess teams need little bit of both to be able to create chances against any team.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
With all this talk from you lot about how much we suck and how badly we played against Hamburg, and how Secco and Ranieri are shit, I am 100% convinced of one thing:

The English-speaking Juventus fans are a bunch of ignorant assholes who could use a lesson in football and a corn cob up their collective ass.

Stop disrespecting my club with your stupid, erroneous commentary or I'll suicide bomb all you freaks.

:pint: :tup:

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
About those who were disappointed from the lack of creativity.....what the hell did you expect? the only creative midfielder that we brought this season is Gio and he's not there, so of course the creativity problem remains unsolved

Who did you think would solve that problem? the defensive Poulsen, or teenage Ekdal or baby Rossi??? come on!!!
Yes, it still lacks of creativity because Camo, DP, and Nedved are old now but we can still count on them
Gio is still lack of experience and Marchionni is injury prone

Actually we need more depth in AM department so there is a player who can hold ball and pass opponents player in the match so strikers like Iaquinta and Trez has a room to create chances and goal.

Let's see the other champion last season:
Madrid has Sneijder, Robinho, Higuain, Robben
MU has Ronaldo, Nani, Park, and the experienced Giggs but they has 3 young AM
Spain has Silva, Iniesta, Cazorla, Villa

That's why i see we need more attacking AM who fast, creative, and can dribble

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Besides that we need aggressive WB too who can support attack like in the past Zambro (LB) and Thuram (RB)
Now we don't have really quality players on WB
So when the time we attack, we don't have a lot of options to pass the ball
And the room for striker and AM to create chances become narrow

Like example too:
Italy when win the WC'06 has Grosso and Zambro who made a good contribution (Lippi like to use attacking WB)
MU has Neville and Evra who good to support attack
Arsenal has Clichy, Sagna/Eboue
Inter has Maxwell/Chivu, Maicon/Zanetti
Madrid has Marcelo/Drenthe, Ramos/Torres

So why we not try to buy more attacking WB who can defend well and forward past players and make good cross
I suck of how Zebina playing now, Grygera is good but he is average when defend and attack
De Ceglie and Molinaro still need to improve for now

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
De Ceglie and Molinaro are way to offensive
Zebina,ok he aint great but hes a starter in the last 3-4 years in Juve
Grygera looks solid and ok to me in both attacking and defending

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)