[Emirates Cup] Hamburg vs Juventus (August 3rd 2008) (2 Viewers)

memo

Nov 18, 2005
De Ceglie and Molinaro are way to offensive
Zebina,ok he aint great but hes a starter in the last 3-4 years in Juve
Grygera looks solid and ok to me in both attacking and defending
mmm
de ceglie is a more defensive player . . he is good offensive but he is better defending

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
De Ceglie and Molinaro are way to offensive
Zebina,ok he aint great but hes a starter in the last 3-4 years in Juve
Grygera looks solid and ok to me in both attacking and defending
But now Zebina looks like afraid to play not like in the past
I see he afraid his injury will come out again if he try to run so i see he's doesn't have determination (look how he play when China tour and Hamburg yesterday)
Grygera is ok but he doesn't have pace as WB, and when defense he never look solid (see when Czech conceded against Turkey in Euro, it all comes from his side especially first and third goal also the third goal against Hamburg)

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
thuram was never the best attacking right wing back but he was top class back then...+our CBs aint the best so offensive wide backs may make matters worse

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I do agree with you on this.
And that's why i still can't understand how could Milan have even bigger problems to create chances (last season).
They had Pirlo, Kaka and Seedorf and yet, when teams came to San Siro and defended with 10 men, these guys couldn't do shit and the team conceded on counters.

But on the other hand, Milan couldn't do what we do with ease. Put the ball on the flanks where Nedved and Camoranesi operate and there was always someone capable to get to the cross first and put the ball in the net.

I guess teams need little bit of both to be able to create chances against any team.
But look at who they had up top. Gilardino, Inzaghi, and then Pato. I don't need to tell you the various problems they had with those being the only players available as forwards. And even then, their midfield didn't work in any competition for the first time in a while, which happens to clubs sometimes. Happened under Lippi's reign in 2004.

I don't really think it's a good decision to even remotely compare our squad to Milan's. They have been successful with their midfield for a number of years, especially in Europe, and that is because they HAD a nice balance between creativity, efficiency, and destructiveness in the center of the pitch. Last season it went haywire for some reason. Perhaps the reason why they couldn't challenge in Serie A at the time was because they didn't have enough muscle, but it also could be because they saved their stuff for Europe. Who knows. A good balance is needed in all aspects of life.

All I know is that if Kaka isn't fit for them, it will give us a huge advantage that we must exploit.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Yeah, you rarily agree with the sensible mind. :p

Boumsong and Almiron did not improve the quality of the bench.
and whose fault is that, mine? what is your point here??

You conveniently managed to neglect Amauri, Poulsen and Mellberg.
what is this supposed to mean? in my previous post I mentioned both and forgot only Mellberg. none of the other two was what we lacked last season. Amauri isn't/wasn't needed at all, he is a great player, but we don't need him! Poulsen is another DM, did we really need another? When we had Zanetti and Sissoko, Marchisio plus Tiago and Almiron. Is Poulsen better option than these? Why do we waste our money on average players? We need quality starting player, we have enough back ups for this squad. We lack quality first team players and not squad depth!

Loaning out Giovinco and Marchisio was the best thing those players could have hoped for. They got playing time, which saw them develop and as a consequence will see them able to contend for a place this time around. They gained valuable experience and have grown into better players. Also the amount of matches more we'll play this season, should see them get a fair shot at fighting for a place.
We could have kept Giovinco, we could have used him and even Marchisio for squad depth if you claim that that was what we lacked last year, "we needed squad depth but it was good decision to loan out two of our midfield" you are contradicting yourself. Don't tell me they were not ready to play for serie A, we saw what they did! The whole forum guessed at the start of the season that Giovinco loaning out was a mistake!

Having said all that, i'm not sure we'll actually improve on last seasons' third place. The extra depth alone is neceassary to survive in the CL additionaly.
Third place in Serie A means ni improvement, and that we are wasting our time, we don't have to win the title, we need to compete for the title, and not to finish more than 10 points behind the winner! as for CL we need to qualify to the second round, that's the least target to tell that we improved!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
and yet you keep bitching about why we didnt get him :soapit:
hey let me do my job like you do yours;)
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=682482

I know it's from Goal.com, but they took it from Sky Sport Italia, which is reliable. They reported 5.6m euro per year.
I read the same from many different sources back then when Milan signed him.

P.S: And i was in Italy back then, so it's even more reliable since i read it in Italian newspapers :D
hmm,that was before the transfer wasnt it? i red somewhere after transfer was officially announced, that Milan will pay 15 mil for 4 years, but it could be pounds so i dont insist and since you were in Italy, i trust you:D
Third place in Serie A means no improvement, and that we are wasting our time, we don't have to win the title, we need to compete for the title, and not to finish more than 10 points behind the winner! as for CL we need to qualify to the second round, that's the least target to tell that we improved!
These are our realistic targets for this year and the rest 3-4 years too, this is how our managers perceive that Juventus will be back where it belongs...
As for challenging a title, its seems increasingly difficult and unattainable for the next decade...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Third place in Serie A means ni improvement, and that we are wasting our time, we don't have to win the title, we need to compete for the title, and not to finish more than 10 points behind the winner! as for CL we need to qualify to the second round, that's the least target to tell that we improved!
Of course the third place means an improvement, don't forget last season we got to third WITHOUT European football. If we can maintain the position with CL matches it means we have improved.

JuveLuke

Jul 27, 2008
But he will for sure go back to Primavera, along with Ekdal probably. They're playing just because our more experienced youngsters participate in the Olympic Games.
For the last time Ekdal is in the Prima Squad, in the First Team, in the A-Team! he will probebly play som matches whis primavera but he will always train whid the big guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)