Elkann demands action (6 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
but whilst you're on the point of Oriundi the league still consists of the least number of foreigners out of the top European leagues, as well as the fewest number of foreign managers.
True but serie A is not the best league nowadays is it !!

I've never been a fan of the premier league but the fact is, the english are much more organized, succesfull and made their league the best in the world because they've done everything right.

At one point serie A had more foreign players than any of the top leagues in europe (back in the late 80's and 90's). One of the main things that made Serie A as strong as it was back in those days were the top foreign talents in the league.

Having lots of foreigners (quality ones) either managers or players is great for any league.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
True but serie A is not the best league nowadays is it !!

I've never been a fan of the premier league but the fact is, the english are much more organized, succesfull and made their league the best in the world because they've done everything right.

At one point serie A had more foreign players than any of the top leagues in europe (back in the late 80's and 90's). One of the main things that made Serie A as strong as it was back in those days were the top foreign talents in the league.

Having lots of foreigners (quality ones) either managers or players is great for any league.
With 6+5 though itll start leveling out.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
There is a major difference being an investor of the club and actually owning it. again you're chasing your own dog tail.
Well the best thing to come out of the crap you just spewed out is that if you ever became a billionaire you wouldnt buy Juve because you wouldnt want to compramise Juve's Italian heritage.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Well the best thing to come out of the crap you just spewed out is that if you ever became a billionaire you wouldnt buy Juve because you wouldnt want to compramise Juve's Italian heritage.
what good would i be to the club if i got no experience in business? or anyone for that matter? its all very well having money and having the club at your heart, but if you got no business sense then its a failure. You all make it sound so easy when you list and price the players you want and expect the club to buy them. And again i didnt say "Juve's Italian heritage" its simply the fact that Italians in general have not and i doubt ever will accept Foreign owners like the epl have due to their Nationalistic tradition of not welcoming 'Foreign invaders'. Whether or not thats the right thing for the future success of this league is another matter.

so stop putting words into my mouth, and your lack in understanding the difference between investors and owners and this too:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
its good that he actually responded to what is happening even though if the context was due to confrontation with the shareholders if i'm not mistaken.

I still have hope for him, and for now i understand why he is more concerned with the holding company because that one is also in the shit.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
Elkann drops Lippi hint Tuesday 28 April, 2009

At the end of a shareholders meeting in Turin, Juventus benefactor John Elkann confessed Marcello Lippi still plays a role in the club.

Lippi is rumoured to return in charge as a sport director in 2010 and reports suggest he has advised the board to get rid of Claudio Ranieri and appoint Antonio Conte instead.

Marcello has always been close to the club,” revealed Elkann.

Although this is not the right moment to draw a line since the season is yet to finish.

I feel hugely disappointed and the fans do too. The team needs to show more than this because the latest scores are unacceptable. Players and Coach must prove they are capable of winning.”

Jean-Claude Blanc and Lippi just recently met up in a restaurant to talk about the Old Lady’s future and were caught by the local paparazzi.

Regarding the Tinkerman, Elkann gave yet more proof regarding his probable dismissal at the end of this season.

It’s early yet, we will have to judge at the end of this season. There are five games left and we are waiting to see the final standings,” he concluded.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr28u.html

Conte is dropping delicate hints too, so maybe getting rid of Ranieri is truly considered.

Sep 1, 2002
Are there not any billionaires in Argentina who could gain control of Juventus, and then they could find a tenuous grandparent linking them to Italy and get an Italian passport.

Everyone sweet!

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
what good would i be to the club if i got no experience in business? or anyone for that matter? its all very well having money and having the club at your heart, but if you got no business sense then its a failure. You all make it sound so easy when you list and price the players you want and expect the club to buy them. And again i didnt say "Juve's Italian heritage" its simply the fact that Italians in general have not and i doubt ever will accept Foreign owners like the epl have due to their Nationalistic tradition of not welcoming 'Foreign invaders'. Whether or not thats the right thing for the future success of this league is another matter.

so stop putting words into my mouth, and your lack in understanding the difference between investors and owners and this too:

Clearly your understanding of investors buying shares & gaining control of a club is too great for you to configure,infact your understanding of about almost everything is as accurate as your knowledge of Juve songs.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Clearly your understanding of investors buying shares & gaining control of a club is too great for you to configure,infact your understanding of about almost everything is as accurate as your knowledge of Juve songs.
Byrone! :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)