Eljero "I never said those things" Elia - Hamburg - Winger (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
So the only team who wants Elia is Wigan? And even they want him only on loan?

Why is that?

My instincts were screaming "Inferior Quaresma" when I watched him for Holland, but the Dutch here obviously rate him high so I couldn't complain or argue them. But seeing that even for HSV he starts half the matches from the bench and now seeing that only Wigan wants him (on loan) I must ask questions :D

p.s: And why are HSV willing to sell him half season for 11m eur? (I suppose 11m is higher than how much they really value him).
Good point

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

Why is that?

My instincts were screaming "Inferior Quaresma" when I watched him for Holland, but the Dutch here obviously rate him high so I couldn't complain or argue them. But seeing that even for HSV he starts half the matches from the bench and now seeing that only Wigan wants him (on loan) I must ask questions :D

p.s: And why are HSV willing to sell him half season for 11m eur? (I suppose 11m is higher than how much they really value him).
:agree:

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
My instincts were screaming "Inferior Quaresma" when I watched him for Holland, but the Dutch here obviously rate him high so I couldn't complain or argue them.
Not all of us rate him that highly :)

At the moment his only good points are pace and dribbling. He can't cross, pass or finish that well, and tactically he is weak. However, most Dutch wingers who were brought up with 4-3-3 suffer from this problem, especially if they move to teams where wingers are expected to track back and have less freedom. At this point Elia could be the next Robben or the next Van der Meyde, depending on how he develops.

Still, he would be useful to Juve, but only because Martinez and Pepe aren't exactly great wingers.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
Not all of us rate him that highly :)

At the moment his only good points are pace and dribbling. He can't cross, pass or finish that well, and tactically he is weak. However, most Dutch wingers who were brought up with 4-3-3 suffer from this problem, especially if they move to teams where wingers are expected to track back and have less freedom. At this point Elia could be the next Robben or the next Van der Meyde, depending on how he develops.

Still, he would be useful to Juve, but only because Martinez and Pepe aren't exactly great wingers.
You are really right on the point that most wingers were raised with a 4-3-3 formation, and seeing how he did at for instance the WC. He made wonderful dribblings but they hardly became goal scoring opportunities.

Since we do not have a solid LW he or Dzudzak would be good to have the next 6 months. However we should still be looking for a decent LW in the summer.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010

Why is that?

The Dutch here rates every Dutch player very highly :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not really, on XT most dutchies dont rate Elia as much anything but a player who some flair/explosiveness, but rarely does much of anything. Yet to be impressed by him in the few Hamburg games I seen, generally overdribbles and complicates himself too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)