Eljero Elia (8 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
He gave an interview with a Dutch newspaper some highlights:

- ''I dont have the feeling this is mine scudetto''

- ''One of the biggest clubs in the world, they wanted me a year earlier so the trust was there''.

- ''It was all a big dissapointment. I never had the chance''

- ''I didn't play and didn't get selected for the NT. It's a season of dissapointment and it hurted me but it made me stronger mentally''

- ''I want to leave Juventus, I want to have fun again in football''
Thanks for kissing the badge though, Eljero.

OP
Bezzy

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
  • Thread Starter #4,243
    I am still sure you deserved a real chance, but i have accept that you will leave. Good luck Elly and I am proud of you being our number one fan :D

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
    Elia: I want Juventus exit
    By Football Italia staff

Eljero Elia has revealed that he wants to quit Italian champions Juventus after his struggles in Turin this season.

The Dutchman joined the Turin giants for €9m from Hamburg in the summer, but he’s made just four League appearances so far this term for a total of 107 minutes.

“I want to leave Juventus,” the winger told Algemeen Dagblad just days after the Old Lady lifted the Scudetto. “I want to enjoy playing football again.

“I remained quiet all year, always keeping a positive attitude towards the club and the team, but I never got a chance to prove my worth.

“I didn't play much and consequently I’ll miss out on Euro 2012. It’s fair to say this season has been a failure.

“It's really hurt me, but I've become stronger mentally.

“I'm 25 now and I still have a long career ahead of me. I came from far, but I will have to start all over again...”

Elia, contracted to the Bianconeri until June 2015, has been linked with clubs in England, Portugal and Germany.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
    Shame they left out all the good things he said about Juve while translating the article.

Anyways it's the best solution. Shame was really hoping he would get more chances to prove himself.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    it's the giovinco situation all over again... fans claiming to know better and how he is a great player who would cut it while the coach(es) say he is just not good/ready enough

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    but just look at krasic ... if conte knows that krasic is not fitting the system, even though we saw last season that krasic can in some systems work in italy, it is ridiculous to even think about conte not being able to tell that someone that never played in italy was not fitting the system.

elia is probably a bit disappointed since no one of the team learned dutch to be able to actually talk to him. how dare they ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)