Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (9 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Give me a name of an Egyptian military leader that fought for the sake of Palestinians. Is that very hard?
One name thats all you want, here's one: Sadat.

btw thanks for showing your true colors, and in gratitude, to save you time & effort, theres no need to revisit history with me to throw in your deluded interpretation of the events.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,642
    One name thats all you want, here's one: Sadat.

btw thanks for showing your true colors, and in gratitude, to save you time & effort, theres no need to revisit history with me to throw in your deluded interpretation of the events.
    Showing my true colors? Just because I showed that you know nothing about what you are talking about? LoL.
    Sadat? Which year? 1973? Please tell me you are kidding

I do not want to revisit history with you. I just want you to post here when you have something documented, not just bullshit...

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    Showing my true colors? Just because I showed that you know nothing about what you are talking about? LoL.
    Sadat? Which year? 1973? Please tell me you are kidding

I do not want to revisit history with you. I just want you to post here when you have something documented, not just bullshit...

So now you know how Bisco feels, except that in your case you werent even around when these events transpired. So prior to the war Sadat didnt demand the restitution of all the territories occupied in the 1967? and had it not been for the US involvement he would have just stopped in Sinai? Like i said your true colors are that of an ingrate who cares not for anyone or anything but his cause.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,644
    So now you know how Bisco feels, except that in your case you werent even around when these events transpired. So prior to the war Sadat didnt demand the restitution of all the territories occupied in the 1967? and had it not been for the US involvement he would have just stopped in Sinai? Like i said your true colors are that of an ingrate who cares not for anyone or anything but his cause.
    Ingrate? Give me more accusations please.
    I did not insult the man. I said that he fought for Egypt, and that is his right. I never ask him or anybody else to fight instead of Palestinians.
    But when you come and say that he fought for the sake of Palestinians, you have to prove your point, or just admit being a naive person regarding this conflict.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    Ingrate? Give me more accusations please.
    I did not insult the man. I said that he fought for Egypt, and that is his right. I never ask him or anybody else to fight instead of Palestinians.
    But when you come and say that he fought for the sake of Palestinians, you have to prove your point, or just admit being a naive person regarding this conflict.
    i could have picked any of the generals or high brass in any of the preceding wars, most notable the 48 and 67 ones, because your statement was beyond ridiculous; but i chose Sadat for a reason. Beyond the fact that every war in the region that followed the creation of Israel was in some way for the palestinians, proven by the fact that sadat is always cursed and labeled a traitor for going for peace n his own. The real play here is that Sadat is possibly the greatest arab leader in the 20th century for showing the way and letting all other leaders know that israel will deal with counterparts who were clever, pragmatic and reasonable. A position that Arafat could have benefited from greatly especially in camp david. But no, who cares about pragmatism when you can pump your chest and go for the theatrical.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,646
    i could have picked any of the generals or high brass in any of the preceding wars, most notable the 48 and 67 ones, because your statement was beyond ridiculous; but i chose Sadat for a reason. Beyond the fact that every war in the region that followed the creation of Israel was in some way for the palestinians, proven by the fact that sadat is always cursed and labeled a traitor for going for peace n his own. The real play here is that Sadat is possibly the greatest arab leader in the 20th century for showing the way and letting all other leaders know that israel will deal with counterparts who were clever, pragmatic and reasonable. A position that Arafat could have benefited from greatly especially in camp david. But no, who cares about pragmatism when you can pump your chest and go for the theatrical.
    That is your opinion. You feel that Sadat did something good for his country. I won't debate on that because I don't want to get into Egyptian politics. But one more time, whether he fought or negotiated, that was for his country, not for Palestine. And that is exactly my point.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,649
    You really do not need to go any further than 48 to prove your point, but interesting points nevertheless.
    1948 was not really a war. It was a small play where army leaders threw some poor soldiers inside Palestine to show that they care, but they never gave them support or proper weapons. Hence, the great result.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
    Deneb, i think Abed got a point, egyptian military gets the blame for withrawing after they crossed Sina and then they decided to sit on the table with Israel, though the original plan to my knowledge was to take the war till Israelien terretories.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,652
    That's just plain wrong.
    And your correction is?

Deneb, i think Abed got a point, blames egyptian military gets the blame for withrawing after they crossed Sina and then they decided to sit on the table with Israel, though the original plan to my knowledge was to take the war till Israelien terretories.
    I don't blame them, brother. It is their right to fight only for their country.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    It's because in International Politics, Palestine isn't worth fighting for, unless you have a government that is popularly led.

It would cost too much to fight Israel, and they would just use gas and nukes if they were losing. Say what you want about Zionists but they are tough and they are very very clever.

- - - Updated - - -

Give me names of children killed by Hamas to know exactly what you are talking about...
    You can look in here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_suicide_attacks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sbarro_restaurant_massacre

I suppose you can justify killing a pregnant woman right? Because it's your 'struggle'.

Jul 2, 2006
    It's because in International Politics, Palestine isn't worth fighting for, unless you have a government that is popularly led.

It would cost too much to fight Israel, and they would just use gas and nukes if they were losing. Say what you want about Zionists but they are tough and they are very very clever.
    Fighting for Palestine doesn't necessarily mean fighting on battlefield. Vile dictators of Arab nations didn't even raise their voice.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    Because its their brothers are getting slaughtered there? I know you can't rule a country with sentiments but that doesn't mean you should have less decency than animals have.
    Dictators are essentially 'gods' Islam or Christianity means nothing to them, they raise themselves above brothers/sisters and god himself. They are the modern equivalent of Monarchs.

They only care about securing their regime and keeping their cronies and masters happy, the US, USSR/Russia etc etc.

Jul 2, 2006
    I know and that's why the region will keep swimming in mud as long as they are not able to depose them. Wasn't it the reason US supported the coup in Egypt? Mubarak was just a figure, he is gone but regime is still there and they want it to stay as that way.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    I know and that's why the region will keep swimming in mud as long as they are not able to depose them. Wasn't it the reason US supported the coup in Egypt? Mubarak was just a figure, he is gone but regime is still there and they want it to stay as that way.
    The US want peace with Israel and $ from selling arms to the Arabs etc. They don't really care if Egypt is Islamic so long as it is seen to be peaceful and easily exploited.

That's the problem. It's not liberal democracy, it's the US bullying and influencing countries and those countries not looking out for all their people. Mubarak looked after his supporters, same with Morsi, same with Hamas same with everybody worldwide. They are all human, and all greedy, I mean the whole thing about democracy is that we are all the same, there is no god but Allah to use your parlance, Mubarak acted like a god, Morsi was fast becoming one. It's very sad, but neither an Islamic or 'Liberal' Autocracy are the answer. The brothers of Egypt need to sit around, Christian,Jew,Muslim and talk. Interact and understand each other, work to build a new Egypt where everybody can be happy and the law is for all. Egypt has a beautiful opportunity hopefully, and not many countries get the chance. We are strong because of our differences not despite them.

Jul 2, 2006
    The brothers of Egypt need to sit around, Christian,Jew,Muslim and talk. Interact and understand each other, work to build a new Egypt where everybody can be happy and the law is for all. Egypt has a beautiful opportunity hopefully, and not many countries get the chance. We are strong because of our differences not despite them.
    It's not possible while arresting hundreds of people and not letting them to participate in next election. Right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)