Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (14 Viewers)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,663
    It's because in International Politics, Palestine isn't worth fighting for, unless you have a government that is popularly led.

It would cost too much to fight Israel, and they would just use gas and nukes if they were losing. Say what you want about Zionists but they are tough and they are very very clever.

- - - Updated - - -

You can look in here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_suicide_attacks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sbarro_restaurant_massacre

I suppose you can justify killing a pregnant woman right? Because it's your 'struggle'.
    This has nothing to do with this thread. I replied in the other thread.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, Kamal Janzouri is back. Sorry, my Egyptian brothers, but your revolution was robbed.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, Kamal Janzouri is back. Sorry, my Egyptian brothers, but your revolution was robbed.
    I know dude, it was just in reference to the MB-Hamas links

You know it's easy to find something they ''did'', if you really want them locked.
    I'm Irish and studying an MSc in illegal activities against civilians by armies and intelligence agencies, I understand this quite well.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    The Government and Intelligence services are disgusting and the law doesn't apply to them. They do what they want and sometimes people even support it.

They torture, blackmail, even kill people and get away with it. They are never held accountable and it is sickening. Sometimes you might need to break the law to protect the state, but you must always have to be publicly held accountable for any crime. They never are.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,669
    The Government and Intelligence services are disgusting and the law doesn't apply to them. They do what they want and sometimes people even support it.

They torture, blackmail, even kill people and get away with it. They are never held accountable and it is sickening. Sometimes you might need to break the law to protect the state, but you must always have to be publicly held accountable for any crime. They never are.
    What are your suggestions to stop this?

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    What are your suggestions to stop this?
    Parliamentary control of Intelligence like they have in the United States, but with Civilian and Legal experts on the committee as well. Make it a crime to not report illegal activity and so on.

In american terms it would today be 7/5 Republican: Democrats with a Democrat chairing, plus 3 ethical/intelligence/moral expert (academic intelligence scholar, ethical academic, and a Bishop for example) with the power to request any information and any person to appear before them. They would have a duty to publish for free, every investigation with super secret stuff hidden obviously.

That, in my opinion, is the best a democracy can do.

Jul 2, 2006
    You have just described the 90s Turkey. It's scarily familiar. More than 10,000 disappeared, not to mention torture in police custody was a common thing. Ironically, grandsons of the people who supported that ideology(kemalism) now crying loud, calling government murderers when the stones they threw returned them as pepper spray.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    I assume they are afraid that an Islamic state would need the same methods to ensure stability.

Which if Iran is anything to go by, it would.

I was actually describing Northern Ireland 1969-1998 :p

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    i could have picked any of the generals or high brass in any of the preceding wars, most notable the 48 and 67 ones, because your statement was beyond ridiculous; but i chose Sadat for a reason. Beyond the fact that every war in the region that followed the creation of Israel was in some way for the palestinians, proven by the fact that sadat is always cursed and labeled a traitor for going for peace n his own. The real play here is that Sadat is possibly the greatest arab leader in the 20th century for showing the way and letting all other leaders know that israel will deal with counterparts who were clever, pragmatic and reasonable. A position that Arafat could have benefited from greatly especially in camp david. But no, who cares about pragmatism when you can pump your chest and go for the theatrical.
    That's very true.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Thanks for that explanation, Ahmad.

I won't get into the internal issues of Egypt. I just wanted to comment on Gaza issue. And when I comment on the Egyptian army, of course I don't mean soldiers should be killed because I know soldiers are forced to do what they are doing by their leaders. I think the leaders of that army never were good ones since 1948 except maybe Saad Al-Shathly who was punished later because he chose to side with what people want.
    Abed, saad al-shathly was not the head of the egyptain army, he was the chief of staff during the october war. also let me correct sth wrong in what you said he did not leave bec he wanted to side with the people :) Shathly had a huge issue with Sadat regarding the isreali counter attack on egypt and how it was handled. then after the war ended he was sent as a military attache in england and when egypt signed the peace treaty he like many others had objections. what siding of the people are you referring too?? note: watch shahed 3ala el asr on jsc and you will know it had nothing to do with the people but like many others he had objections on signing the peace treaty. secondly the head's of the egyptain army if you mean the ministers of defence then i recommend you google and read about Abu Ghazala http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_ghazala

the same leaders who waged wars on israel for the sake of the palestinians?
    Give me a name of an Egyptian military leader that fought for the sake of Palestinians. Is that very hard?
    Deneb went with my fav of them all, but here is the list of egyptain presidents and military leaders who fought for the sake of palestine.

1948= king farouk. ironically then army officer gamal abed el nasser was serving there in the egyptain army sent there.

we tend to forget the fedayeen who are civilians mind you but joined the egyptain army and they were sent into palestine.

1967: Nasser , and abed el hakim amer. suez blockade, aqaba blockade was for who???

now we come to Sadat, this man had vision whether you agree with him or you don't. secondly Abed when egypt went to the peace treaty palestine was on that agenda!! and it was the arabs who followed SADDAM HUESAINS foot steps and said NO and acted all macho and here we are today :) sadly the same mistake happened in the gulf war by the same persons and the same mistake happened. so please watch on youtube sadats speech in the kinset and see what he said. the egyptains did not go on there own towards peace they begged the rest bec it was a chance but fake heroism and empty talk seems to be the cancer of our people.

Showing my true colors? Just because I showed that you know nothing about what you are talking about? LoL.
    Sadat? Which year? 1973? Please tell me you are kidding

I do not want to revisit history with you. I just want you to post here when you have something documented, not just bullshit...
    to go to peace treaty and stand a chance with the isreali's you need to have sth to back you up, and hence the 73 war was a must, after that it was time for peace bec as you know egypt during the 73 war was not up against isreal on its own specially after the first week it became a war egypt quite simply couldn't handle. if it wasn't for the counter that was head by sharon when he toke his trops from the easter bank and on to the western bank things might have been different but it was good enough. all arabs were called to go with egypt like i explained and the palestinians said no and thats good and dandy but these are historic facts bec look how the tables turned, king hussien went on to sign, and the palestinians went to oslo nearly 20 years later.

i could have picked any of the generals or high brass in any of the preceding wars, most notable the 48 and 67 ones, because your statement was beyond ridiculous; but i chose Sadat for a reason. Beyond the fact that every war in the region that followed the creation of Israel was in some way for the palestinians, proven by the fact that sadat is always cursed and labeled a traitor for going for peace n his own. The real play here is that Sadat is possibly the greatest arab leader in the 20th century for showing the way and letting all other leaders know that israel will deal with counterparts who were clever, pragmatic and reasonable. A position that Arafat could have benefited from greatly especially in camp david. But no, who cares about pragmatism when you can pump your chest and go for the theatrical.
    this Abel is our massive problem, in the middle east this rambo mentality has brought nothing but defeat to us. there are several examples through out our history. i speak on my home country, i think 67 was one of those UN-calculated stunts and as you put elegantly pumping on the chest. its only when we r thoroughly humbled do we raise to the occasion. Sadat was ahead of his time, and proved he had vision that sadly was not appreciated at his time but look at us now.

That is your opinion. You feel that Sadat did something good for his country. I won't debate on that because I don't want to get into Egyptian politics. But one more time, whether he fought or negotiated, that was for his country, not for Palestine. And that is exactly my point.
    1948 was not really a war. It was a small play where army leaders threw some poor soldiers inside Palestine to show that they care, but they never gave them support or proper weapons. Hence, the great result.
    the 1948 war, was actually a war however due to the corrupt monarchies of the time, namely the egyptain, iraqi, and jordanian to name a few. but it was a war i'm surprised you dont call it that. it was a war but arabs were handicapped for the reason i just mentioned.

Deneb, i think Abed got a point, egyptian military gets the blame for withrawing after they crossed Sina and then they decided to sit on the table with Israel, though the original plan to my knowledge was to take the war till Israelien terretories.
    nope :) the original plan of war was as follows:

1- egyptain army crossed the suez canal

2- pass thru the isreali defence line and advance 15 km east of sinai and stop

why?

bec that was the range of our anti aircraft missles and so our troops would be under this cover of rockets that kept our troops safe from the might of the Isreali airforce. advancing out of this 15 km meant certain death bec of there air force.

this is the original and actual plan. however to let the syrians go to war with egypt to liberate Golan, Sadat told them that we would keep advancing to keep up the pressue on isreal and hence lift some pressure off the syrian army.

this i think was wrong!!! but let me explain a few things. the Golan hieght was soooooooo lightly defended with the majority of the isreali forces facing the egyptain side. had we not done this i dont know if the syrians would've went to war or not but i guess this one is for history.

from the start mind you Sadat didn't really want a full on war bec he knew all too well egypt wouldn't be up against isreal but against the US. all he wanted was to cross the suez canal to set a point and then have a strong hold when it comes to the peace treaty.

for more information i highly recommend you read a book called " crossing the suez" by Saad el Shazly its in several languages and if you google it cheesio you can download. this man was the master mind of this war.

- - - Updated - - -

source? bec i didn't stumble on anything regarding him. also how is this rev robbed by ganzouri?? ironically the Mb were dying to bring him back, and now the nour party wants him. he is a good man, who knows how to work this country but as far as i know the interim government has been announced yesterday and its official. i didn't hear anything about ganzouri except that the nour party wanted him to come as prime minister.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2,675
    source? bec i didn't stumble on anything regarding him. also how is this rev robbed by ganzouri?? ironically the Mb were dying to bring him back, and now the nour party wants him. he is a good man, who knows how to work this country but as far as i know the interim government has been announced yesterday and its official. i didn't hear anything about ganzouri except that the nour party wanted him to come as prime minister.
    http://www.almasryalyoum.com/node/1956196

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)