Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (6 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Great Post.

I wish more Egyptians think like you, Bisco. Really, it is very frustrating that people who were suffering under Mubarak are still suffering under his friends in SCAF. Islamists had a very bad role in killing any hope to make that revolution as fruitful as we all wished.

I'm so pessimistic that anything will change soon there as it seems too early to say that anything material has changed really in the country. Mentality of the majority are now into frustration that even if they demonstrate and are killed again, nothing will improve their lives as SCAF and Islamists are two bad choices.
so true!! however i'm optimistic, bec reb this revolution is a youth revolution, it started this way and it should end this way. the older generations jumped on it to mask there failures!! it hurts to be honest when they see how the youth could'nt care less while it toke them 30 years of being quite. how will it end, in a perfect world the youth reach what they set out for from the start, in a perfect world i think its about time we give the youth there chance to improve the country this country needs new blood and new idea's and these are both found in the youth. the older generation to this min have been given the green light and yet its the same old crippled ideas that make us go around in circles with no felt improvement. a country develops by giving its youth the chance to innovate!! sadly in our arab world the older generation wants to carry the torch until they reach the grave before giving it to the up coming generation.

if u ask me and trust me i thought about this for a while now, how will this be? in my opinion bec this generation ( our parents generation and the one before that aka scaf :D) are a failure even in ways to crack down a revolution the same lame soap opera will be used, the only difference people have been thru this before and know how to handle it. the thing i love about this revolution is how every one has a role to play. you dont have to be in tahrir for you to have a certain role. last year i did not go to tahrir but every one knew others in there neighborhood or building was there and every one was together bec when the previous sick regime unleashed the thieves, and thugs at people, the people who stayed behind where the ones who were under there buildings keeping an eye over every one's family, the people who went to tahrir included. this is in my opinion why the revolution lasted, despite being cut off from communication both domestically and with the outside world, despite the thugs, despite the deliberate shortage of food, etc etc its the fact every one had a role. hopefully this is the beginning of a proper chapter i just hope with minimum casualties and with less embarrassment specially to our religion which sadly is used for wrong more and not for its main message which is justice for all not justice for the people who abuse there power, or who could sell the world to be in power.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
we be fucked:weee::weee::weee: we handed the country over to mubaraks men on a golden platter not bec they r mighty good but bec we r messed up in the head and islamists get on stage take credit for fucking every one over, military council well fucking played!! :tup: credit were credit is due the youth were out played from day one ever since every son of a bitch with a beard, or with benefits from the previous regime hogged this pure revolution or so it was during the initial 18 days. on a plus 60% voted for revolution figures but these 60% were divided on two candidates leaving the ex regime Representative and mb candidate to take it to the final and so we r between bringing back a Representative of everything we went out against and the muslim brotherhood who not only want the parliament but every single thing bringing us to square one to what made people go out against the national democratic party headed by mubarak. so what will you do bisco?!?! i will grab on my balls, and grind tight and weather whats to come. i dont trust the muslim brother hood and the ex regime Representative displays everything against my principles, so i will finish uni and go back to my mum or move some where else i've given up on this country and its people who i'm sorry believe in weird shit, and have tonnes of ignorance!!! i dont blame the people after all they r who they are as a result of years and years of neglect in every aspect of life specially education. Egyptians dont read!! Egyptians dont like to hear the truth and so rather watch egyptain channels that feed them lies i swear some times i feel we love to be breast fed by the government and it will take a very long time to get over it bec this is'nt just from mubraraks era but ever since nasser came to power we got used to be given things to shut the fuck up while the big players make all the right moves for there benefit and we are in the shadows. i think we prefer to bury our heads in the sand than to stand up for our rights and pay the price for that freedom in an attempt to have a better tomorrow.

we honestly deserve better than this, but the youth did there part i'm afraid our parents generation just fucked us over bec they have been programmed to look at things with a different logic where as the youth have proven they know whats going on, the plot headed and orchestrated by the military council and the muslim brother hood. the salafists are nothing but freaking sheep and the people thank god figured that out so bye bye beardies of this style.

next time you support a revolution sit yr self and ask are the people ready on an individual basis to choose wisely with out bringing emotion and sudden gains or not. if its the later its better to park at home and not hog a revolution you from the start never believed in. i had a feeling on the 11th of feb 2011 we will be fucked bec the number of people who toke to the streets and acted like they were the ones who tumbled the ex regime down and not the youth who gave up there lives in the first 18 days was scary!!! it was like free membership on a bandwagon they did not support fully and had several reservations on. the military council knows how Egyptians think, they know the philosophy and powers int he community and they played there cards perfectly well, the islamists, the liberal, mb and the rest fighting for the bigger portion of the cake while the youth died day after day is the main reason why we r in this position where you have to choose between two horrible choices A or B and the end result is pretty much the same its comes down to principle. either choose A who was responsible for killing people and has blood on his hand or B a group of greedy and simply minded religious freaks who are power hungry and were the first to ditch the youth when they needed them the most.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Yeah, you're pretty much f*cked.

Morsy or Shafiq? That's a toughy. If I were an egyptian, I'd choose Shafiq, he at least won't turn your country into a religious state.

Who did you vote for?

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Yeah, you're pretty much f*cked.

Morsy or Shafiq? That's a toughy. If I were an egyptian, I'd choose Shafiq, he at least won't turn your country into a religious state.

Who did you vote for?
saba7y who came third :) thats a point of view but how can we trust some one who openly and with pride states he is a student of mubarak?? then again he has blood of people on his hand. i think both are the same shit but in different ways, meaning the mb can never turn this into a religious state simply bec the military will jump on them i have no doubt about this the military will never let the mb there historic rival get a point over them, also thank god some brain cells are working in a lot of people who want moderate islam thats the majority and when i say moderate i mean the normal level of islam not the extremist outlook.

if shafik wins and trust me this wont come as a surprise bec everything was set for this to happen in the behind the scenes. also the copts who freaked out and rightfully so backed shafik in the votes. upper middle class voted for shafik they too are frightened by the rise of the extremist islam that uses loud voice to make them frightened and to hide there weakness. the media played a terrific job and in some cases i felt the islamists played on the same team with the military council bec ABC politics means you have to find a way to win over the majority of the people for votes and not to scare them away by threatening to change there lives to sth that does'nt suit us culturally not to mention has nothing to do with the holy religion of islam not to mention if they come to power they will use the same verses they mis interupt to control the people and prevent them from saying there opinion freely with out being called an infidel or sent to jail or get lashed. off course the media highlights all these threats and they broad cast it night and day to freak more people out. to vote for morsy you give some one from the revolution even though the mb are pests and every one knows this but on principle they dont have blood on there hands the same way shafik has ( note i believe the mb sold the youth out and they too have blood ont here hands)

the third option: boycotting the elections means shafik wins too.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,905
    Two hopeless cases have moved to the second round of the elections.

I was cheering for Sabbahi, but it seems we were dreaming...

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Two hopeless cases have moved to the second round of the elections.

I was cheering for Sabbahi, but it seems we were dreaming...
    :agree: although hopeless is not the word :D they r both the same shit just different names. they r not to be blamed i'm sorry, we r the ones to be blamed!! i still cant think of how?!?!?! shafik even got 1 million votes int he first place!!!! how can any one be this stupid. i expect a rev part 2 before this year ends and mark my words its coming on its way i have no doubt.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    true, theres also the police, other govt officers and the nostalgics.
    This is vital, i have a childhood friend who moved back to Egypt after highschool and joined the police academy (its even called the Mubarak Police Academy), he's still a staunch supporter of Mubarak, and was a strong supporter of Shafiq during these elections. Many other former government officials, members of the police force etc, probably voted for Shafiq, so did a sizable percentage of the Copts. Add to that the fact that inevitably there are supporters of the Mubarak regime, and people who are fed up of the current transitional phase, and stupidly think bringing back the previous regime will restore order, add all those people to the mix, and its no wonder Shafiq has so many votes.

Sad really, if Shafiq wins, then all this, the Egyptian people went through, was for nothing, a huge betrayal to those who died so their country becomes a better place.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    This is vital, i have a childhood friend who moved back to Egypt after highschool and joined the police academy (its even called the Mubarak Police Academy), he's still a staunch supporter of Mubarak, and was a strong supporter of Shafiq during these elections. Many other former government officials, members of the police force etc, probably voted for Shafiq, so did a sizable percentage of the Copts. Add to that the fact that inevitably there are supporters of the Mubarak regime, and people who are fed up of the current transitional phase, and stupidly think bringing back the previous regime will restore order, add all those people to the mix, and its no wonder Shafiq has so many votes.

Sad really, if Shafiq wins, then all this, the Egyptian people went through, was for nothing, a huge betrayal to those who died so their country becomes a better place.

what does that tell you fred

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    what does that tell you fred
    1- people are not ready to pay the price to be in a better place and rather get a long with the rest of there lives with the basic needs as long as they can put food on the table and not have to worry about encountering thugs.

2- that political parties all look for there parties benefits and not the countries betterment.

3- the number of people who benefited from the previous regime are much more stronger than the youth.

4- you cant have change when 40% of yr population is illetrate and more than 50% are under the poverty line.

---------- Post added 29.05.2012 at 22:48 ----------

:tup: there is more but you have it figured out and you r not far from the true image and trust me this is an easier version to digest but the past year and half has shown me things i never knew existed!! and i';m some one who lived here for 10 years now :D

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    1- people are not ready to pay the price to be in a better place and rather get a long with the rest of there lives with the basic needs as long as they can put food on the table and not have to worry about encountering thugs.

2- that political parties all look for there parties benefits and not the countries betterment.

3- the number of people who benefited from the previous regime are much more stronger than the youth.

4- you cant have change when 40% of yr population is illetrate and more than 50% are under the poverty line.

---------- Post added 29.05.2012 at 22:48 ----------

:tup:

"Young men make wars, and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men. Courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace. And the vices of peace are the vices of old men. Mistrust and caution. It must be so."

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005

"Young men make wars, and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men. Courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace. And the vices of peace are the vices of old men. Mistrust and caution. It must be so."
    WOW!!! this is it!! god thats exactly the reasoning behind the first point. the sons and daughters were ambitious to bring change the parents ended up taking the final decision and the wrong one at it bec they see things in a different way.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005

Which is why all old people should be put in homes.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    as expected the trail was a joke!!!!! any way i will post my full opinion when i get back bec my classy university did not cancel an exam i have so i have tog o and pass through tahrir on the way to uni so hopefully its a safe day bec i'm not willing to risk my life for this fucked up nation. arrividici chica's.

mubrak and minister of interior-> life sentence

his sons---> innocent!!

bellismaaaaaaaaaaaaa verdict!! off course this was expected. the question remains if its not mubarak and his sons who stole the money and corrupted the political life and econmy?!?! MY MOTHER?!?!?!

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    I thought the trial was for the killing of protesters. What do Jamal and Alaa have to do with it?

There is another trial for Jamal and Alaa regarding some shady business in the stock market, I guess they'll be sentenced when that comes. Right, Bisco?

Not an egyptian, but from what I know about all of this, I thought the verdict was fair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)