Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (10 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
The Muslim brotherhood just blew their cover, on public for a change. That's the best result of the recent action. These hypocrites have been feeding on the revolution like a mad zombie and profited from it as a party when thry clearly shouldn't have.

Oh and down with SCAF.

Sent from my Atrix 4g using Tapatalk
all religious based groups have blown there cover although the salafists in alex are standing with the people ( as mush as i hate them) as for there brothers here in cairo they got the reception they deserve with shoes i kid u not!! serves them right bec if any one jumped on the band wagon and stole this rev from the youth who have lost there lives its these religious groups aka beardies as my bro D refers to them :D

on another note: the egyptain ministry of interior keeps denying that there men used shots guns, CR ( please google this) gas canisters, and rubber and live rounds against peaceful protesters well i present to you this lovely clip showing the use of toy guns!! 2011-19-11

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
one last thing before i try going to sleep as its pretty hard as it feels like jan all over again and its pretty sad to see all this going on. the CR gas is this lovely jewel and by the way they added this to there arsenal lately as the people cant seem to shake its effect but egyptains are creative they will come up with sth to counter it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CR_gas

oh did i mention they r expired??? :D yeah these people still dont consider us humans they really think we r roaches or insects.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
this feels so contrived, this is definitely moved by outside forces at this point imo
Disagreed. If anything its SCAF's idiocy and over brutality not only in the recent days but for months now since taking over.

One only has to count the number of activists put in jail, most of them being bloggers.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
all religious based groups have blown there cover although the salafists in alex are standing with the people ( as mush as i hate them) as for there brothers here in cairo they got the reception they deserve with shoes i kid u not!! serves them right bec if any one jumped on the band wagon and stole this rev from the youth who have lost there lives its these religious groups aka beardies as my bro D refers to them :D

on another note: the egyptain ministry of interior keeps denying that there men used shots guns, CR ( please google this) gas canisters, and rubber and live rounds against peaceful protesters well i present to you this lovely clip showing the use of toy guns!! 2011-19-11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O94sWWDc8Ig&sns=fb
Still though, the Salafists in the crowds yesterday and today are going against their party's wishes. Something they're not really known for. Respect.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
one last thing before i try going to sleep as its pretty hard as it feels like jan all over again and its pretty sad to see all this going on. the CR gas is this lovely jewel and by the way they added this to there arsenal lately as the people cant seem to shake its effect but egyptains are creative they will come up with sth to counter it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CR_gas

oh did i mention they r expired??? :D yeah these people still dont consider us humans they really think we r roaches or insects.
I believe Egyptians should have cashed in on the opportunity when Mubarak promised to resign at the end of his term looking for a peaceful transfer of power and also promised a free and fair presidential elections. I'm not saying he was certainly going to keep his promises but there didn't seem to be convincing and reliable foundations in Egypt to take power instantly after Mubarak either.

Mubarak had killed many already at that time though so at that heated moment in February, noone expected Egyptians to take Mubarak's promises seriously but I think it was a great opportunity for your people and Egypt as a whole to slowly move towards a better and freer country.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
I believe Egyptians should have cashed in on the opportunity when Mubarak promised to resign at the end of his term looking for a peaceful transfer of power and also promised a free and fair presidential elections. I'm not saying he was certainly going to keep his promises but there didn't seem to be convincing and reliable foundations in Egypt to take power instantly after Mubarak either.

Mubarak had killed many already at that time though so at that heated moment in February, noone expected Egyptians to take Mubarak's promises seriously but I think it was a great opportunity for your people and Egypt as a whole to slowly move towards a better and freer country.
hoori there is no doubt in my heart not even 0-1% had mubarak stayed those 6 months he wanted they would'nt have been any different than now. the military council is nothing but the continuation of his rule but with out him being in the head of the pyramid.

the military council + the religious political parties that jumped and hogged this rev as if they were the ones who made it happen= the state we are in right now.

i dont see this crappy council staying, honestly tonight feels like we r in kurdistan iraq literally!! the amount of cs gas and now there are reports some sort of chemical weapon ( gas) has been used on the peopel in tahrir where a lot of peopel are suffocating and having frightining shivers as a result of inhaling it. now the people refused the military councils speech where they r playing a very dirty card a long with the muslim brotherhood and its bringing the issue of whether the military council should stay or not in the form of a survey. ironically the survey that happened over the constitution brought about the biggest division in the egyptian politcal scene as the islamist rallied the people by frightening them with religion into choosing yes which ended up with a totally different constitution instead of just changing the laws being survied we ended up having a totally new temp constitution.

i see the army breaking from under the military council to be honest as the military council has proven yet again there complete failure to run this country in every single aspect of life.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
had mubarak stayed ----> the youth would be hunted and put into military trails --------> check ( scaf did a good job)
chaos and police brutality will take place---------> check the military council has done its job
islamists with weird philosphies and mentalities will jump into the scene, and the military councils prescence is the only guarntee this country maintains its civil image------> check

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
this feels so contrived, this is definitely moved by outside forces at this point imo
what do u mean Deneb? you mean like other nations or foriegn agenda's or a force out side the current political groups who have huge divisions as they look for personal gain as opposed too the general benefit of the population?

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Why Egypt needs a second revolution
By Emad El-Din Shahin, Special to CNN
November 23, 2011 -- Updated 1616 GMT (0016 HKT)

Editor's note: Emad El-Din Shahin is Henry R. Luce Associate Professor of Religion, Conflict and Peacebuilding at the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies at the University of Notre Dame.

Cairo (CNN) -- In Cairo, where huge protests are now in their fourth day, the angry protesters in Tahrir Square are reclaiming the pro-democracy revolution they started January 25. Since it took control of the management of the transitional process, the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces -- appointed by the former president, Hosni Mubarak -- has been following a three-sided strategy to contain and even frustrate the persistent demands for handing over power to a civilian authority and establishing an effective democratic system.

The military council is breaking the revolutionary will of the protesters by arresting many and putting them in military courts (12,000 civilians so far); deliberately humiliating them (torturing many and exposing female protesters to virginity tests); making ordinary people feel disillusioned and even hate the revolution by failing to take tough measures against anarchy and restore law and order; and finally, encouraging fragmentation and discord among the country's political actors.

Like Mubarak, the military council has adopted the policy of "me or anarchy."

Over the past few months, Egyptians have used enormous demonstrations to press their demands, starting with insisting on dismissing the government that Mubarak had appointed before he was ousted, purging the security forces and cleaning the Ministry of Interior, trying Mubarak and those responsible for the death of more than 800 peaceful protesters and the injury of thousands, and setting a clear and specific timetable for handing over power to civilians.

The military council has been reluctant to respond, and when it has, it has completely emptied these demands of any meaningful effect. Indeed, it appointed a new Cabinet in March but deprived it of any effective authority. It changed the name of the state security force while maintaining its old structure and savage practices, and it reluctantly put Mubarak and some of his aides before trial, but none has been indicted, and the process has been incredibly slow.

With parliamentary elections set to begin on November 28, the military council wanted to secure its position in the transitional process and threw a wrench in the form of a draft of supra-constitutional principles that, if it were to be agreed upon by the major political forces, would grant the military council a special status in the new political process.

It would make the council sovereign above all other state institutions, including the parliament. The proposed principles would prevent civilian control or overseeing powers over any of the military's affairs, grant the military veto powers over the laws and strip the elected parliament of some of its authority.

The document revealed the military council's insecurity about the results of the coming elections and the fear that Islamists might win a majority. It also engendered a deep state of polarization among the country's political forces.

Many liberals and secularists supported the document, while Islamic parties and youth movements rejected it and organized a massive demonstration Friday under the name "The Friday of Protecting Democracy." Several youth and grass-roots movements joined the demonstrations and continued with sit-ins, insisting on a specific timeframe for transitioning authority. The security forces brutally cracked down on the protesters, igniting further clashes over the past few days.

To many protesters, what Egypt is witnessing is "phase two" of the January revolution. One cannot ignore the striking similarities between the two phases, particularly the snail-paced responses of the military council and Mubarak and the unjustifiable use of force against unarmed civilians.

I was in Tahrir Square on Saturday when army soldiers clamped down on thousands of peaceful protesters, killing two in their initial thrust and savagely beating many of them. This excessive use of force was a major factor contributing to the fall of Mubarak.

The military council also repeats another fatal mistake by responding too late with too little, leading protesters to raise the ceiling of their demands. What started as protests calling for protecting democracy and a timetable for transferring power under the management of the military council has become firm demands for ending the rule of the council and the military generals.

Despite this revolutionary situation, and perhaps because of it, Egypt has great hopes in transitioning to democracy. Several steps need to be taken.

The military council needs to bring to justice those responsible for the death and injury of peaceful protesters, including the immediate dismissal of the minister of interior and his aides. A new national salvation government has to be formed of credible public figures to manage the transitional process -- writing a new constitution, restoring order and reviving the country's economy.

Finally, sticking to a clear road map that allows timely legislative elections to be held under the immediate supervision of the newly formed government, followed by presidential elections, would position Egypt on a stable path toward democratic transition.

The military council might try to exploit this precarious situation to impose martial law and postpone or even cancel the parliamentary elections. This will prove counterproductive and, in fact, disastrous because Egyptians will then have nothing to lose and will continue with their revolution to end military rule and earn their democracy.

Follow @CNNOpinion on Twitter.

source: http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/22/opinion/shahin-egypt/index.html?iref=allsearch

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
ways to fight the weird chemical shit they r trying on us like lab mice and to help reduce risk of head injury from those weird bullets they use ( sorry i honest dont know the name of it in english, but its a shot that releases tiny peads after it explodes so that u get hit int he end by a tiny ball but it hurts like hell and in a lot of cases a lot of people lost there eyes as they aim for the eye.

"tantawi i'm your father :D "

Attachments

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
A foreign jourbalist is now reported arrested and then stripped down in Tahrir. Not confirmed yet as she's missing.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,897
    The army proved again today they are worse than the police. They succeeded in taking the clothes of a female demonstrator while she was on the ground. The best achievement for an Arab army since 60 years

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Since nothing has been posted in this thread, yet another indication that seriously nothing apart from a cheap and poorly produced soap opera of an election has taken place. personally I have grown depressed of what's happening over here, I did see the last post in this thread and ironically it's a video posted by rebel showing how the "saviors" of the revolution treat the people standing up for their actions. To be honest there is a huge irony in this post, when u think of it. Actually the fact it's the last post in this thread prior to my post if anything tells the entire story from the 11th of Feb ending up with today the 20th of Jan with 5 more days to the first anniversary of the start of the Egyptian revolution.

Note: the video reb posted doesn't show the worse :D in the same video posted there is an even more violence response to women!! Oh yes women got beaten up with soo much viciousness it's scary to say the least. Any way this all is expected after all the fault has got to fall on all of us not the military council.

I think it's a mixture of pure Egyptian naivety and a lot of fear and stupidity. I will start with pure Egyptian naivety:D well when Mubarak stepped aside (in reality there is a lot of technicality here but in reality it was more a shift of authority from his hands to the hands of the military council) people thought that's that the rev is over lets paaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrtttttty and the military off course used a few lame yet effective public relation tricks a 3 year old could come up with. Any way the majority of the Egyptians swallowed the pill and as desert we witnessed one of the lead officers on the council salute the soul of the martyr who incidentally was the last one bec the hundreds that fell after the 11th were not according to a long list of people, with scaf topping that list.

After the 11th in my opinion everyone was on a high despite deep inside knowing really well that the military did not protect the revolution and the evidences where literally there but Egyptians are emotional, we love our armed forces and to Egyptians it's more of an honor thing. Anyhow the first few weeks passed and the same style started all over again. The lets divide and conquer began, with the poll that toke place on the 19th of March. The poll was about a group of changes to the constitution and people were asked to vote with yes to changing them or no to changing these set of laws and instead issuing a totally new one. Toke very little effort to break Egyptians into two groups after they were one. the islamists ( don't be fooled are actually serving a specific agenda with the military council) herded the masses to vote for yes after playing on the religious strings, the liberals, and people who believe that a new constitution that states every ones rights and duties plus the fixed role of the military should vote No. I personally voted for no but while I was there it caught my eye that people who voted for yes honestly did not fully grasp why they were doing so. When asked they would say bec we want Egypt to be an Islamic state. I actually for a second thought I was living in a Jewish state or sth the past 10 years I've been here bec if anything this country was Islamic thru and thru and the Copts even realized that. so I realized then that the Islamic groups where playing on the same side with scaf with future promises and that the one thing that stands in the way of Egypt becoming a nation fully democratic is the high levels of illiteracy we inherited from years and years of Mubarak's regime.

the days passed and with each day people were losing faith in the revolution as it became evident the people who were involved in it specially the political elite have fallen into quarrels and the struggles of power were just starting to show up. Demonstration after demonstration showed more victims fall. The fingers and vids all point to scaf yet the Egyptians sooo naively swallow the conspiracy theory pill that an outer force is playing with Egypt's stability. The list goes on and on they r all in this thread with numbers so I won't waste time on this point. If the death of people demonstrating peacefully is not enough then the beating up of women should surely make people realize sth is soooo wrong.

NOTE: it goes without saying everything starting with the economy and ending up with security was blamed on the youth!! The majority of people believed this crap, and no one blamed the slow border line dead speed of the military council after all they were the ones who controlled the country. the security was deliberately mis-handled and it was not a mistake they know the more the negatives the more people will be brain washed into losing faith in the youth the same youth that really brought us the only chance for bringing this country back on track for the first time since 1952!! (In my opinion the year Egypt started its swirl to rock bottom)

I guess I was horribly wrong and it shames me to say this, but the sight of a woman who could be any ones mother, sister, wife, or even friend being stripped and kicked harshly brought some of the sickest reactions I could ever dream off!! And what was even surprising was the source of these reactions. Believe it or not some people who seem to get orgasms after taking the conspiracy pill blamed the girl!! This has happened before after all some of the people and some were celebrities did throw accusations at the youth during the rev accusing them of taking drugs and having gang bangs!! So this I could handle the shocker was when religious figures namely from the salafist's blamed the girl for just wearing a bra underneath her clothes!!!! So all the focus was shifted from the girl being brutally beaten up to her bra!! I'm sorry but people like this honestly prove to me that we Egyptians love to be enslaved!! I think we actually can't survive without having someone like Mubarak torturing us and ripping us off every right we have!!

after this incident in particular I've reached the conclusion that people who want freedom and justice for all are the minority sadly, I honestly am starting to feel we don't deserve anything bec of the way people are still naive and willing to believe a bunch of lies when the facts are right there in front of their eyes. I mean during Mubarak's period everyone knew we were being ripped off yet no one had the guts to say anything, once the fear barrier was shattered it seems we miss being frightened and not being able to express our anger at things instead we want what we get without losing anything. Ideas like if the military council goes the nation will collapse is like a bubble gum in some people's mouth. Egyptians are now being fed lie after lie. Starting from the army protecting the people all the way too Mubarak is being courted fairly with all the evidence being shown to the jury (that bit is not true)

Will sth happen in 5 days? I think yes, although this time it's surely going to be different. I can't picture it just yet to be honest but the signs are there that people will be heading back to tahrir for round 2. Will we see pro military council demonstration?? You can bet your life this is going to happen. Not just bec of blind love but bec of loads of stupidity on some people's part. Let's not forget the biggest winners in the parliament elections were none other than the Muslim brother hood and the nour party (salafist) and not after they got this golden chance will they throw it away. The only positive to come out from the past month is every one figured out these groups and how they sold every one in tahrir for personal gains. Now that figures like baradie backed off from the presidential race in a means of expressing their disappointment, these groups where the first to throw accusations at the man. At least he was decent enough and did not deceive the people into thinking the country is back on the right track and the parliament elections do not reflect that the country is in the right track, it seriously reflects how these groups used the same methods being used before to collect their votes. Money and food supplies where the main way of herding the masses into voting for party x or party Y. I don’t blame the people, after all 60% of Egyptians' have it hard and couldn't care less about these parties plans for the future may be, they want to reap the benefits promised by the revolution instantly and who can blame them for 30 years they have been sidelined, and robbed of every attempt of a better tomorrow.

For your information: I have nothing against people who belong to the salafi club, sure I don’t believe in their ideology but on the individual level there are good people in their lines but I def hate there top heads and cleric's who in my opinion break down Islam into tiny tiny points and build a huge propaganda on these little almost nonexistent points that in reality don’t affect people's everyday life, in fact they preach difference and hatred. Ironically just like everything about this place is, according to the salafist ideology democracy is not the way to go yet like hypocrites they are in the game now, after all wasn't it democracy that brought them to the scene? The military used them and still does to be honest to bring people into the end point of, you need the military to ensure that these guys won't turn Egypt into Afghanistan , or so Egyptians' who r u going to pick?? A democracy that might bring u these beardies to power or rather stay with the military. Its succeeding I have to admit because the majority would rather have the military over these super conservative parties. The Islamist are nothing more than partners in crime bec they give reasons to the people to fear them deliberately. I won't be surprised if the youth in these parties namely Mb and the salafists will ditch the top heads and take to tahrir with the rest of the youth to bring back the robbed rev back to its tracks, after all the military and islamists got on the bandwagon without waiting for the blood spilled by the youth to even dry up.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    some of the jokes i did not mention:

1- the youth ( 12,000) got detained and trailed thru military court, while the previous regime are getting a civil jury :D
    2- the military now have taken the ropes from the police and they r the ones who stand up with crushing power to the people demonstrating peacefully. the same tactics are used, throw in a bunch of thugs to bad mouth the revolution to the public.
    3- only in egypt can the military show up on tv and brain wash people into thinking the Coptic demonstrators stole the armored vehicles and ran it over there fellow Coptic brothers!! wow such a mass suicide bunch of people Egyptians turned out to be :) the thing that kills me the most, PEOPLE F****** BY THIS CRAP!!! despite not one, not two, not three, but an endless amount of video's proving other wise.

i;m sure there is more but these are the ones that top my list. 7

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,900
    Great Post.

I wish more Egyptians think like you, Bisco. Really, it is very frustrating that people who were suffering under Mubarak are still suffering under his friends in SCAF. Islamists had a very bad role in killing any hope to make that revolution as fruitful as we all wished.

I'm so pessimistic that anything will change soon there as it seems too early to say that anything material has changed really in the country. Mentality of the majority are now into frustration that even if they demonstrate and are killed again, nothing will improve their lives as SCAF and Islamists are two bad choices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)