Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (9 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Thanks God, the pipes exploded finally. I hope it will not be restored ever. Egyptians deserve to use their gas in better uses.

What can they do?

that line let me tell u reb is a joke and a very very bad joke at it!!!! we sell them gas for lesser than the offical price!!! also by the way the reserves we have are not as abundent for us to be giving it away to isreal and def not at that price as if we r giving them a favour.

ironically the bastard in charge of that aspect is still in government he did not remove him when he created the new government.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Lol, most of the protesters CNN shows from close range are bearded guys who look almost the same as the image a western guy has about a Muslim terrorist. I bet CNN is doing this on purpose so a normal American will not only not feel compassion about the Egyptians but also feel disgust and fear.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,023
    that line let me tell u reb is a joke and a very very bad joke at it!!!! we sell them gas for lesser than the offical price!!! also by the way the reserves we have are not as abundent for us to be giving it away to isreal and def not at that price as if we r giving them a favour.

ironically the bastard in charge of that aspect is still in government he did not remove him when he created the new government.
    I hope the whole gang will go to hell soon.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,025
    I love how they made that army stupid guy shut up and leave when he went to convince the great Egyptian youth to leave Tahreer Square. They replied:

"He should leave. We will not leave."

All the respect for all those young men.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
    Thanks God, the pipes exploded finally. I hope it will not be restored ever. Egyptians deserve to use their gas in better uses.
    What can they do?

Guys, first of all EMG who owns the pipiline is a part owned by an Israeli comapny (main share holder btw), that is the reason for the low prices israel pays for gas and the pipeline that exploded was a line to Jordan no israel anyway.

And regarding the israeli take on things, we are quiet beacuse we are not involved,anything we will say publicly can only be used against us, and we dont want to sabotage any chance that Omer Suliman or other pro-west guy will take charge in the meantime
    the peace with egypt is very importent for the stability of the region and for israel

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,027
    Guys, first of all EMG who owns the pipiline is a part owned by an Israeli comapny (main share holder btw), that is the reason for the low prices israel pays for gas and the pipeline that exploded was a line to Jordan no israel anyway.

And regarding the israeli take on things, we are quiet beacuse we are not involved,anything we will say publicly can only be used against us, and we dont want to sabotage any chance that Omer Suliman or other pro-west guy will take charge in the meantime
    the peace with egypt is very importent for the stability of the region and for israel
    So, if I put a pipeline from the water tanks over all the houses in my city to steal their water, will that make their water mine?

By the way, the price of gas sent to Israel is less than the cost of its exploration, regardless the transportation costs which you are talking about.

The pipeline that exploded today was the one supplying Israel and jordan, not Jordan alone, but the Egyptian regime and Israel want to make guys who made that operation get frustrated by saying it is just for supplying Jordan.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
    So, if I put a pipeline from the water tanks over all the houses in my city to steal their water, will that make their water mine?

By the way, the price of gas sent to Israel is less than the cost of its exploration, regardless the transportation costs which you are talking about.

The pipeline that exploded today was the one supplying Israel and jordan, not Jordan alone, but the Egyptian regime and Israel want to make guys who made that operation get frustrated by saying it is just for supplying Jordan.

First of all, in terms of the prices that EMG sells the gas to israel for, Its a much more complicated issue and you over simplify it. It involves taxation thresholds, long term sale guarntees, obvious political intrests and of course, my personal favorite, money to offshore accounts.

The pipeline itself was not supplying israel, i'm actualy informed on this matter as it involves my job somewhat, so you can trust me if you want to, I promise you i'm not trying to discourging anyone here from blowing another pipe :hellyes:

For the rest, stealing? really? The company is private, its a bussiness and its a world of global enconomy. They (EMG) put the pipeline, they paid the goverment for the rights to use and sell the gas, and they run it. Thats the buttom line.

Did the pepole of Egypt payed for its exploration? no they didnt.
    Did they laid the pipes ? again no.
    Do they deserve seeing benifits from it? yes they do, its on their land.
    Is it EMG responsibility? no it isn't.

So, going back to your analogy. you talk about stealing, and stealing does make the water yours, but dosen't make it right, neturaly we all agree that its ethicly and moraly wrong to steal.
    However, what you can do (and maybe should if you can, its your choise), is to buy the water source from your city and sell the water to whoever you want.
    Is it legitimit? yes it is .
    Is it moral? probably not, but thats another worthy debate about moral enconomy and modern capitalisim for another thread.

Do the pepole of Egypt get what they deserve from the goverment profit from the gas? again, probably not.
    But they dont see much personal gain from any other profit the goverment makes for that matter.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this is exactly the reason for everything that goes on right now in Egypt ?

I hope they get what they are fighting for and that their financial situation will improve, but it depends only on their goverment, or soon, the new goverment.

Quite frankly, I find the akward attempts, by some,and namely you Rebel, to spin this situation and make it about Israel, comical at best and absurd at worst.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    From Guardian:

Once again Syria's government is taking no chances. It has been revealed that state security arrested a 75-year-old member of the Muslim Brotherhood, Ghassan al-Najar:

Najar issued statements through the internet as street protests in Egypt intensified this week, calling for people to assemble in public squares across Syria after Friday prayers and again on Saturday. Similar calls were issued on anti-Syrian government Facebook pages.

No protesters showed up on Friday, and Syria was calm.

Reuters also reported that Najar has heart disease, quoting a supporter: "If they don't release him soon he will probably die."
    That what happens when you mess with Lions ;)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    found these pics on fb thought u might like to see these ones ( mainly its the role of women in these strikes and i must say they r in this as much as the guys :tup: )

Attachments

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
    Aug 6, 2007

Peace and stability are important everywhere not relation with Israel.

First of all, in terms of the prices that EMG sells the gas to israel for, Its a much more complicated issue and you over simplify it. It involves taxation thresholds, long term sale guarntees, obvious political intrests and of course, my personal favorite, money to offshore accounts.

The pipeline itself was not supplying israel, i'm actualy informed on this matter as it involves my job somewhat, so you can trust me if you want to, I promise you i'm not trying to discourging anyone here from blowing another pipe :hellyes:

For the rest, stealing? really? The company is private, its a bussiness and its a world of global enconomy. They (EMG) put the pipeline, they paid the goverment for the rights to use and sell the gas, and they run it. Thats the buttom line.

Did the pepole of Egypt payed for its exploration? no they didnt.
    Did they laid the pipes ? again no.
    Do they deserve seeing benifits from it? yes they do, its on their land.
    Is it EMG responsibility? no it isn't.

So, going back to your analogy. you talk about stealing, and stealing does make the water yours, but dosen't make it right, neturaly we all agree that its ethicly and moraly wrong to steal.
    However, what you can do (and maybe should if you can, its your choise), is to buy the water source from your city and sell the water to whoever you want.
    Is it legitimit? yes it is .
    Is it moral? probably not, but thats another worthy debate about moral enconomy and modern capitalisim for another thread.

Do the pepole of Egypt get what they deserve from the goverment profit from the gas? again, probably not.
    But they dont see much personal gain from any other profit the goverment makes for that matter.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this is exactly the reason for everything that goes on right now in Egypt ?

I hope they get what they are fighting for and that their financial situation will improve, but it depends only on their goverment, or soon, the new goverment.

Quite frankly, I find the akward attempts, by some,and namely you Rebel, to spin this situation and make it about Israel, comical at best and absurd at worst.
    Go and tell this to the people of Israel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)