Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (22 Viewers)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,001
    Now the US embassy has put out a statement:

We have seen a video that alleges a US embassy vehicle was involved in a hit and run incident that injured dozens in Cairo. We are certain that no embassy employees or diplomats were involved in this incident. On January 28, however, a number of our US Embassy vehicles were stolen. Since these vehicles were stolen, we have heard reports of their use in violent and criminal acts. If true, we deplore these acts and the perpetrators.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    Jul 2, 2006
    Seeing what's going on in Tahrir square reminds me of us demonstrating against the corrupt government over a year ago except that Egyptian army doesn't seem as brutal as Iranian army when confronting people.

My mother however says it reminds her of the 1979 Islamic revolution when people of all kinds as well as all political parties wanted Shah to leave.

Mubarak needs to leave but I sincerely hope Egyptians don't take the path our people took 32 years ago which left us with an even bigger dictatorship, an Islamic dictatorship. In the end, what people vote for, what people of Egypt want must matter but Turk, 98% of Iranian people also voted for Islamic Republic regime 32 years ago and now we can't even freely choose the way we want to live our lives without the interference of the government.

Even though, as my mother says, there are similarities between what happens now in Cairo and what happened in Iran back in the day, I'm still hopeful that it will only eventuate in a freer and more developed Egypt.

In the end I hope all Egyptian members here stay safe and strong through all this :tup:
    I am not sure if Iranian protestors were against Islamic regime or Ahmedinejad. I don't think those who against Islamic regime are more than %10.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I watched CNN last night and they keep saying how the hope is for a democratic change with a democratic pro-west government, but they keep mentioning the possibility a smaller, more radical group, to take over the revolution and rise to power, like the Bolsheviks did it in 1917 in Russia.
    What do you Egyptians think about such a possibility. Is it a possibility at all?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    I watched CNN last night and they keep saying how the hope is for a democratic change with a democratic pro-west government, but they keep mentioning the possibility a smaller, more radical group, to take over the revolution and rise to power, like the Bolsheviks did it in 1917 in Russia.
    What do you Egyptians think about such a possibility. Is it a possibility at all?
    Like Serbia, like I said earlier.

They are going to be in worse conditions in 5-6 years.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    there is a lot of worry bec thats whats happening now, the small radical group being the islamic brotherhood but i doubt they will come to power for several reasons namely egyptains or at least a huge number my self included will not want that.

egypt is of great importance to the west bec control here and the middle east follows as pre this demonstration. also here is important bec of the suez canal so there is no doubt in my heart who ever takes power after mubarak will be one who got the blessings of the usa mainly. does this bother me?? not a lot bec the problem here mainly was the domestic condition we reached!! sure our foreign policy has been shocking as of recent years but call me selfish it does'nt effect us domestically i,e life does'nt get effected for the people.

edit: another very important reasona nd its no secret we r right next door to isreal and despite the peace agreement we r pretty much a threat to them and vice versa. so off course they dont want an ahmed najadi here :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Very much a possibility, there is a big chunk of Egyptians that are poor and uneducated, so the opportunity for a party like the Muslim Brotherhood to sway public opinion to their favor is really big. Still, it is debatable whether the Muslim Brotherhood are radicals or not. If you hear some of their leaders talking in TV channels and newspaper columns, you'd notice that there is some moderation in their views, but a lot of people believe that that is just for politics and that they will show their true colors when/if they reach power.

You'll have to ask the Egyptians what they think of the Muslim Brotherhood and whether or not they consider them radicals.

Edit: Bisco beat me to it.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Very much a possibility, there is a big chunk of Egyptians that are poor and uneducated, so the opportunity for a party like the Muslim Brotherhood to sway public opinion to their favor is really big. Still, it is debatable whether the Muslim Brotherhood are radicals or not. If you hear some of their leaders talking in TV channels and newspaper columns, you'd notice that there is some moderation in their views, but a lot of people believe that that is just for politics and that they will show their true colors when/if they reach power.

You'll have to ask the Egyptians what they think of the Muslim Brotherhood and whether or not they consider them radicals.

Edit: Bisco beat me to it.
    spot on!! :tup: u explained it better than me specially how they will sneak in.

my personal opinion and this is strictly my on view i might be wrong but for me if the islamic brother hood where really abiding by the exact teachings of islam they would've made it to the top but they take certain aspects of religion and they r a bit too extreme for my liking religion wise that is. also i think the coptics will not really want that either i prefer we have one country for all egyptains and each one has his or her religion between him /her and god but to be ruled by an islamic party is a big no for me.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    there is no doubt in my heart who ever takes power after mubarak will be one who got the blessings of the usa mainly. does this bother me?? not a lot bec the problem here mainly was the domestic condition we reached!! sure our foreign policy has been shocking as of recent years but call me selfish it does'nt effect us domestically i,e life does'nt get effected for the people.
    Did you read this, Turk? :D

Thanks for your answers, guys.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Did you read this, Turk? :D

Thanks for your answers, guys.
    :D did turk think this had to do with our foreign policy? its one of the reasons but not the main reason def domestically takes the cake. yeah people here hate how egypt reacts to gaza in particular, also our position towards sudan and the nile issue are pretty slow and very shocking.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Also, dunno if it's already mentioned, but at least from the outside Israel looks....too calm. Almost as if they know that there will be a good outcome for them.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Anyway, it's a good sign and serve the Palestine cause in long term.
    i hope so too bec gaza in particular does'nt deserve to be locked from our side too!! i am aware the current regime has issues with hamas ok i accept that but things can be better monitored and why punish the rest of the people bec of that is sth a lot of people fail to understand. eg the gate or wall i dont know what they call it that is being made between our borders and there's for instance. for years gaza has been and should be our strategic depth.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,019
    Thanks God, the pipes exploded finally. I hope it will not be restored ever. Egyptians deserve to use their gas in better uses.

Also, dunno if it's already mentioned, but at least from the outside Israel looks....too calm. Almost as if they know that there will be a good outcome for them.
    What can they do?

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    thats true, sure at first they were frightened bec mubarak was a huge guarantee for them more than the treaty it self. now that he might see the exist door hit his back they r worried. this is an issue for us bec now the usa and isreal are pushing for there benefits while iran, and the rest of the region are pushing for there's and it must be said its causing a lot of frustration for us. i dont think people here want to cancel the treaty i doubt it. the concern now is who gets to lead the country for the next 6 years and guarnteeing we dont live under one rule for ever like mub's. anything else def comes second for us. but its no secret every one is pushing for there own benefits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)