Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (38 Viewers)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #541
    you wouldnt be saying that if your immediate family was in the middle of it all
    If you think the country was safe and secure before this happened, just go back to the thread of Egyptian elections and see the links posted by Hist there where people were being horrified using swords and knives just to make them choose the candidates of the government.

If you talk about poverty, I don't know if you know that 1.5-2 millions of the Egyptian population are living in graveyards. 8 millions live in random areas.

Just come to any Arab country and see how poor young Egyptians are forced to work in so severe conditions just because they can not find a job in their country.

Did you see TV programs about the humiliation any person was getting when he went to any police center?
    Did you see how the sons of Mubarak were taking half the profit of any company working in Egypt?
    Did you see how the ship sank on 1991, and more than 450 people were killed without having anybody accountable just because the owner was Mubarak's friend?
    Did you see how another ship sank on 2006, and more than 1400 people were killed without having anybody accountable just because the owner was Mubarak's friend?
    Can you read Arabic? If you do, I have a link to a site that puts all the companies owned by Mubarak's gang.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    all i see is people with their own agendas, no man having real love for his fellow man would want chaos and anarchy to befall on a country. And Saddam was 10 times the tyrant this mubarak was and i am pretty sure i can dig out posts where he was staunchly defended, and talking about iraq how did the whole removing the tyrant bit go? If you think its ok to sacrifice 'your family' because a clueless frustrated youth was fed up, i dont.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #543
    all i see is people with their own agendas, no man having real love for his fellow man would want chaos and anarchy to befall on a country. And Saddam was 10 times the tyrant this mubarak was and i am pretty sure i can dig out posts where he was staunchly defended, and talking about iraq how did the whole removing the tyrant bit go? If you think its ok to sacrifice 'your family' because a clueless frustrated youth was fed up, i dont.
    Saddam's case is totally different as his country has many sects and has variety of people. That is what the West used to make people fight each other.

In Egypt, even if clashes took part between Mubarak pros and conts, it will not last long as those who cheer for Mubarak are so few.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #544
    That is just not accurate. Why do you describe them as being clueless? Give them another way to save their country then.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #545
    Breaking news:

The Yemeni dictator just decided not to be a candidate for the coming presidential elections, and he assures people he will not let his son succeed him too. That is because people will have their version of demonstrations tomorrow to make him leave.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    That is just not accurate. Why do you describe them as being clueless? Give them another way to save their country then.
    i cant take seriously a movement that has 4 demands one of which is "freedom", egypt is a country of 80 million people who do you trust to step right in to feed and protect them if the guy leaves today? i am all for positive change even with its sacrifices if meticulously planned out and heralded by competence, but never for reckless impetuous action especially if affecting the lives and futures of millions.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #547
    i cant take seriously a movement that has 4 demands one of which is "freedom", egypt is a country of 80 million people who do you trust to step right in to feed and protect them if the guy leaves today? i am all for positive change even with its sacrifices if meticulously planned out and heralded by competence, but never for reckless impetuous action especially if affecting the lives and futures of millions.
    I think you are underrating the capabilities of people to organize themselves without the guardianship of the "big brother" Mubarak.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #548
    Anyway, Aljazeera this morning threatened Nilesat management that it will sue them if they do not allow it to go back to broadcasting. Managers in Jordanian Media City (Where Aljazeera channel was broadcasting within their TP) said that Egyptians threatened them of removing the whole TP if they do not remove Aljazeera by themselves.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
    Aug 6, 2007
    The attitude of the Egyptian authority towards US has changed completely now,i think it's all because Obama said he supports Democracy in Egypt and changes should take place.In the morning i watched a guy speaking in the official state TV and he said words like,

"Any outsider wants to set foot on Egypt,we will cut his foot before he does so,even if it was US":shocked:

"The Americans want to change,how come? if all their interferences led to a misery"

"The protesters demand that Mubarak should be hanged,they should hang the Americans instead who want to force their opinions upon us":eek::eek::eek:

And finally and most shockingly,while he was heavily criticizing US,one word came in between and it was ".......and the black guy says......"

I never thought they would expose themselves easily like this infront of millions watching TV.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
    :lol: Egyptian Satellite Channel is the worst channgel covering the event in a very twisted way!! They should be the ones off from nilesat!

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
    My stephdad's brother is still in front of his house in Cairo with a baseball bat so that they don't rob him, 2 days ago they interviewed a guy and he was wearing a Juventus jacket, even in difficult times Juventus is being represent!

Seriously, Bisco and Rebel and all other Egyptian members, i hope this ends soon and you all be safe!

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #554
    Al Jazeera is back on Nilesat.
    Much better. No need for going to Arabsat for me then.

The attitude of the Egyptian authority towards US has changed completely now,i think it's all because Obama said he supports Democracy in Egypt and changes should take place.In the morning i watched a guy speaking in the official state TV and he said words like,

"Any outsider wants to set foot on Egypt,we will cut his foot before he does so,even if it was US":shocked:

"The Americans want to change,how come? if all their interferences led to a misery"

"The protesters demand that Mubarak should be hanged,they should hang the Americans instead who want to force their opinions upon us":eek::eek::eek:

And finally and most shockingly,while he was heavily criticizing US,one word came in between and it was ".......and the black guy says......"

I never thought they would expose themselves easily like this infront of millions watching TV.
    They are desperate. Try to put a cat in a small cartoon and see her reaction.

:lol: Egyptian Satellite Channel is the worst channgel covering the event in a very twisted way!! They should be the ones off from nilesat!
    Exactly.

Another channel is competing with them though. It is a private Egyptian channel called Al-Mehwar. Once I want to laugh during these days, I open it and follow the discussions about "Our beloved Mubarak" there.

They are using the stupid sentence" "Egyptian guys, you made people in the other countries think that we don't respect the old people in our country when you chant like this against our beloved Mubarak. You do not have to act like that. There is nothing wrong in the regime".

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #555
    My stephdad's brother is still in front of his house in Cairo with a baseball bat so that they don't rob him, 2 days ago they interviewed a guy and he was wearing a Juventus jacket, even in difficult times Juventus is being represent!

Seriously, Bisco and Rebel and all other Egyptian members, i hope this ends soon and you all be safe!
    I would be proud if I'm Egyptian at these days, but I'm not, mate...

To all our Egyptian friends here all the prayers to be safe along with their families.

I remember Bisco, Naggar, Hist, Wahdan, Ahmedios. Is there anybody else, guys?

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
    Exactly.

Another channel is competing with them though. It is a private Egyptian channel called Al-Mehwar. Once I want to laugh during these days, I open it and follow the discussions about "Our beloved Mubarak" there.

They are using the stupid sentence" "Egyptian guys, you made people in the other countries think that we don't respect the old people in our country when you chant like this against our beloved Mubarak. You do not have to act like that. There is nothing wrong in the regime".
    Al Mehwar was kinda neutral in the beginning, but then started to change bit by bit. Did you watch the interview they did with the girl who started it all? She's good to be honest but then they had to shut her down bit by bit and treat her as a kiddo!

I would be proud if I'm Egyptian at these days, but I'm not, mate...

To all our Egyptian friends here all the prayers to be safe along with their families.
    I remember Bisco, Naggar, Hist, Wahdan, Ahmedios. Is there anybody else, guys?
    Word. :tup:

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #557
    Al Mehwar was kinda neutral in the beginning, but then started to change bit by bit. Did you watch the interview they did with the girl who started it all? She's good to be honest but then they had to shut her down bit by bit and treat her as a kiddo!
    No. Do you have a link?

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
    can't look up right now as I am at customer site and slow slow internet..

maybe when i fly back tonight..youtube?

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #559
    can't look up right now as I am at customer site and slow slow internet..

maybe when i fly back tonight..youtube?
    Preferably Youtube. I can not see it right now, but when I go home, I can see it.

Nice trip :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)