Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (13 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
He will be removed by Friday, I guess. Muslim Brothers are so overrated as they did not participate in these demonstrations seriously. IMO, they will not win any elections if logic is there as they never contributed in this revolution in a real way.
Our stupid media is acting like the Muslim Brotherhood is completely behind the demonstrations and will lead to the end of the world.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #502
    From Guardian:

Witnesses at the railway station in Alexandria are now saying that excitement by neighbourhood watch groups might have got out of hand, leading to the flurry of violence.

That doesn't tally with the pro-Mubarak chanting or indeed the earlier footage on al-Jazeera, although it did look impromptu – at least one of the men on the square was waving about the leafy branch of a tree.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #503
    Our stupid media is acting like the Muslim Brotherhood is completely behind the demonstrations and will lead to the end of the world.
    That is so expected to make Western people sympathize with the biggest Zionist ally in the Middle East.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #504
    From Guardian:

The scenes on Tahrir Square in Cairo appear peaceful, with makeshift tents springing up and many protesters settling down for the night. But an out of breath al-Jazeera reporter has just gone on air to say that, while leaving the square, he came across gangs of motorcyclists circling, with chants of "We love Hosni, we love you president" and "We don't want him to leave," along with a group of 300 or so demonstrators.

Hotel security in the area is said to be looking nervous and that the army units nearby are putting on flak jackets and moving to battle stations.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #506
    Perhaps you did not hear that the new interior minister has claimed this evening that 17000 prisoners have fled the prisons since the demos started. That is described as a first execuse to arrest thousands of demonstrators.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    That's pretty much my position. Let Egypt do what it wants. If it goes to shit, well then that's Egypt's fault. It took France 3 revolutions to get things close to right. Things won't be perfect right away, but as long as it is the will of the Egyptian people then it is in the right direction.
    This is the logical conclusion everyone should reach...minus the politicians i.e. This is their biggest nightmare. The US govt & Israel are crapping their pants; their biggest and only meaningful ally in the Middle East is on the brink of losing its best buddy. This will be a major set back for them. The US has more to worry about because this revolution fever seems to be spreading across the Arab world, threatening every puppet government they've planted in the past half-a-century.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    This is the logical conclusion everyone should reach...minus the politicians i.e. This is their biggest nightmare. The US govt & Israel are crapping their pants; their biggest and only meaningful ally in the Middle East is on the brink of losing its best buddy. This will be a major set back for them. The US has more to worry about because this revolution fever seems to be spreading across the Arab world, threatening every puppet government they've planted in the past half-a-century.
    You'd figure that between this and Wikileaks we'd just decide to "let it go". But no, we gotta be so stubborn.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    The problem about all these pseudo-revolutions is that, at times, some of the participants could find a home in extremism. It's nice to see that the Egyptians do not appear to be taking that route, but I'm not so sure about certain individuals from other nations.

The fact that our own politicians are scolded for saying Mubarak is a dictator is evidence enough we have some nasty individuals in certain areas of the government.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    The problem about all these pseudo-revolutions is that, at times, some of the participants could find a home in extremism. It's nice to see that the Egyptians do not appear to be taking that route, but I'm not so sure about certain individuals from other nations.

The fact that our own politicians are scolded for saying Mubarak is a dictator is evidence enough we have some nasty individuals in certain areas of the government.
    Most revolutions are extremely violent, once the moderates get everyone going the radicals take over and people lose their heads.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #518
    An Israeli website says that a special forces unit of Hezbollah was behind freeing the resistants of Hamas and Hezbollah from one of the Egyptian prisons. Many Hamas prisoners have already arrived to Gaza since days.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #519
    Some Tv channels on Nilesat stopped broadcasting live from Aljazeera because they said they received threats from Nilesat management that they will be removed from the satellite if they continue broadcasting from Aljazeera.

The only channel that still resists the Nilesat request is Palestine AlYawm. My prediction is that it will be the fourth closed channel on Nilesat since a week.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Tom Brokaw of NBC Nightly News is LIVE in Cairo, and you can easily hear the rallies and chants from Egyptians in the background of his broadcast. Even at this hour. Quite stunning, really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)