Egypt: from 2011 demonstrations to today (13 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Hey, we also can get RT, but the absence of mentioning it on my part was deliberate. :D So it can always be worse.
:D RT is alright most of the time to be honest swag, but non the less I've come to the conclusion that all these mass news hubs are not as professional as you would expect.

- - - Updated - - -

a second wave apparently started

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/02/16/middleeast/isis-libya-egypt/

- - - Updated - - -

update: army deploys units in most egyptain cities for extra protection after the raid on Libya.

- - - Updated - - -

an explanation of the situation in Libya. it also highlights why i think any talk of land forces is just crazy. also highlights why al jazeerah is taking the stand it is taking against this raid with a piss poor stunt of showing Syrian kids and sticking it as victims in Libya piss poor. since Qatar supports the other side which came out and accused Egypt of invading Libyan sovereignty

http://www.aucegypt.edu/gapp/cairoreview/Pages/articleDetails.aspx?aid=749

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,924
    miss qaddafi yet?
    Qaddafi orphans are the biggest fans of IS in Libya. Sirte which was the main household of Qaddafi seems one of the strongest households of IS these days. So, Qaddafi fans are the same IS fans, you can say.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    Qaddafi orphans are the biggest fans of IS in Libya. Sirte which was the main household of Qaddafi seems one of the strongest households of IS these days. So, Qaddafi fans are the same IS fans, you can say.
    it's not a matter of fans, qaddafi was a clown and a ruthless despot but in the whole lesser of 2 evils, it's pretty clear who wins there

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,926
    it's not a matter of fans, qaddafi was a clown and a ruthless despot but in the whole lesser of 2 evils, it's pretty clear who wins there
    That is really debatable as people never thought it will lead to this chaos over there. They were dreaming of a smooth transfer of authority from a dictatorship to a democracy, but having a country whose education system was destroyed for more than 40 years is not an easy job. People need to be educated at this stage there in order to make them know that damaging their country will not hurt anybody but themselves. And having Qaddafi back is just a step back. He would have enslaved them for more decades and without giving them the rights they deserve.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    That is really debatable as people never thought it will lead to this chaos over there. They were dreaming of a smooth transfer of authority from a dictatorship to a democracy, but having a country whose education system was destroyed for more than 40 years is not an easy job. People need to be educated at this stage there in order to make them know that damaging their country will not hurt anybody but themselves. And having Qaddafi back is just a step back. He would have enslaved them for more decades and without giving them the rights they deserve.
    or maybe people are just fucked up to begin with

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    If we're making wishes I'd rather Geddaffi never took a hold of the country, or if a revolution happened back in the late seventies, after he did all his good(because lets face it, he did a lot of good in his first few years). But if you put a gun to my head and force me to choose between ISIS and Gedaffi and give me the benefit of hindsight, obviously gedaffi is the lesser of the two evils.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    If we're making wishes I'd rather Geddaffi never took a hold of the country, or if a revolution happened back in the late seventies, after he did all his good(because lets face it, he did a lot of good in his first few years). But if you put a gun to my head and force me to choose between ISIS and Gedaffi and give me the benefit of hindsight, obviously gedaffi is the lesser of the two evils.
    Hindsight is the key here though.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,932
    Qatar just took its ambassador in Cairo back after an Egyptian member in the current regime accused Qatar of supporting terrorism because they did not praise the Egyptian airstrikes over Libya.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Qatar just took its ambassador in Cairo back after an Egyptian member in the current regime accused Qatar of supporting terrorism because they did not praise the Egyptian airstrikes over Libya.
    That's great actually, shame it was not Egypt who pulled off. Qatar doesn't support terrorism in Libya or Syria or Iraq? I think there isn't a single arab country as dirty as Qatar and that's me putting it mildly

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,935
    That's great actually, shame it was not Egypt who pulled off. Qatar doesn't support terrorism in Libya or Syria or Iraq? I think there isn't a single arab country as dirty as Qatar and that's me putting it mildly
    Well, to be honest I was expecting them to take their ambassador back since two weeks when the recorded conversation of Sisi was revealed. You can not expect a leader to accept another leader to call him "son of a bitch" and not reacting. They were just waiting for a good excuse to take him back.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Well, to be honest I was expecting them to take their ambassador back since two weeks when the recorded conversation of Sisi was revealed. You can not expect a leader to accept another leader to call him "son of a bitch" and not reacting. They were just waiting for a good excuse to take him back.
    Doubt that's the case, the story of these records fizzled off as fast as it was brought to attention. I highly doubt this is the reason.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0LN07520150219?irpc=932

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,937
    Doubt that's the case, the story of these records fizzled off as fast as it was brought attention. I highly doubt this is the reason.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0LN07520150219?irpc=932
    Well, you can not expect a country to say they took the ambassador back because their leader was insulted and called "son of a bitch". And regarding the airstrikes in Libya, I doubt they really hurt fighters over there. The Egyptian army was never effective in Sinai. Why would they be better in Libya? The only victims of their airstrikes will be definitely civilians who have nothing to do with the whole problem with IS.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Ah well if that's the case what can we do, it's not like this isn't the truth he truly is a class A son of a bitch. As for the raids guess we will see about that. Specially considering Egypt is facing it on its own now that the US, France, Britain, etc rejected interfering yesterday after Egypt called for a security council meeting to discuss the probable rise of isis

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,939
    Ah well if that's the case what can we do, it's not like this isn't the truth he truly is a class A son of a bitch. As for the raids guess we will see about that. Specially considering Egypt is facing it on its own now that the US, France, Britain, etc rejected interfering yesterday after Egypt called for a security council meeting to discuss the probable rise of isis
    You can not ignore that the Gulf countries seem to be so reluctant to take part in anything led by Sisi after insulting them in the previous recorded conversations. They made a statement today to support Qatar against the Egyptian regime statements. This was not the case when King Abdullah was alive.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Well, you can not expect a country to say they took the ambassador back because their leader was insulted and called "son of a bitch". And regarding the airstrikes in Libya, I doubt they really hurt fighters over there. The Egyptian army was never effective in Sinai. Why would they be better in Libya? The only victims of their airstrikes will be definitely civilians who have nothing to do with the whole problem with IS.
    Exactly why I'm against their strikes, if they really were any good, they'd be able to stop the attacks in Sinai. Anyone hitting those radical groups, I'm for it completely, but not when the air force is just a shitty arab one, that will probably do more harm than good.

I certainly agree about Qatar, however Sisi and his government are no better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)