Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (7 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Logic

Jan 3, 2011
Buffon makes 5m net euro per year.

So why do they sign for City? It's not CL play, it's not because they challenge for the title every year, and it's certainly not because they want to live in Manchester mate.

Face it right now players go to City for the money. When you qualify for CL then you'll at least have an argument against that.

Look, I'm not trying to be a dick because we would both like Dzeko but don't invade our board being a prat and acting like a nob. Respect our forum because when I go over to Bluemoon I do the same.

Respect the members and the board rules.
Why did Krasic sign for Juve with no CL? Players sign for City becuase they can be part of something great and they can have a chance of playing in the official (according to Uefa) best league in the world.
The chance of City getting CL soon is very high imo and players think that too. Again, I'm not saying money isn't a factor, just not the only one.

How am I acting like a knob? I see petty comments from people who are bitter about Dzeko maybe signing for us and ask them to explain themselves.

long story short. Moggi is currently undergoing a trial in Naples, in a real court, not a sports one, and he is allowed to present new evidence. Amongst the evidence he presented are several thousand wire taps that had gone "missing" in 2006, showing that what he did, was also done by everybody else, hence his "exclusive relationship with referees" which was the basis of the farce that was calciopoli never existed.
So everyone hates Juve and uses you as a scapegoat for what? Why did they pick on Juve if you didn't do it?

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuventinMalti

Apr 5, 2006
zeven,

about calciopoli: This is an interesting article in english.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/86/i...m-calciopoli-debate-it-is-about-time-juventus

about racism: Juventus has an enormous following, so its only logical that some of them are racist, just like some of them would be vegetarian, drug users, politically active, musicians etc etc. It comes with the territory. Accepting it as an unfortunate inevitability and embracing it are not the same.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Thank you for a great reply! nice to see one in here that can answer with descenty and not insults towards the opposition and theirs clubs.

whats you view on the obvious racial abuse that come from some (a minority) of your fans? do you see that as a big problem?

I'll take a stand when our fans act racist.
How is "If you jump, Balotelli dies" racism?

Were you present at the game in Turin, how did you know that it was monkey chants from our fans? How come UEFA didn't do anything about it? Its completely bullshit from UK tabloids, and you, as stupid as you are is believing anything they say.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
It is a fact that we don't see racism in football in England anymore. It is also a fact that other countries come to England to see how we control the crowds.

In Italy they just put up a fence to separate fans etc, we don't need it as there are hardly ever any problems.
I don't follow the EPL because I think it's a joke of a league but that's besides the point. But a quick search bring up numerous racist and anti-semitic incidents in the past few years.

You do have better facilities and all the security/crowd control that comes with that but thats also because there was a bigger need for it over there given the track record England has with hooliganism.

Cross what line? I am asking civilised questions, I'm not being sarcastic, I genuinely don't know.
Don't do that. You're trying to act all friendly and civilized but you're just looking to instigate a fight. You guys are welcome to come here and discuss things with us but don't try to throw our name in the dirt. That's no way to start a friendly dialogue. We see through the bullshit and we won't hesitate to boot you.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Damn this thread makes me nervous whenever I see there has been plenty of new posts. Just close it and let the gurus post whenever there is news.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Thank you for a great reply! nice to see one in here that can answer with descenty and not insults towards the opposition and theirs clubs.

whats you view on the obvious racial abuse that come from some (a minority) of your fans? do you see that as a big problem?
Racism wasn't a problem in Juventus as it was/is with some other Italian fan groups. Naturally, there will always be individuals who'll create problems but in Juve's case they're probably a very small minority, otherwise Juve would have been fined a lot both in Italy and especially in Europe.
Racism from the ultra groups is a big problem in my country (Croatia) and I easily notice it elsewhere. In Juventus I never noticed it so far. The Vieira episode was the very first time in many years that I heard accusations about racism by the Juve fans. I won't deny it since I wasn't at the stadium and I don't know if it was investigated by UEFA. All I know is that it only appeared in some English papers and Juve were never fined about such a thing.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
This is the post from the Bosnian forum Gagi was talking about:

"Tomorrow morning, January 4th, Dzeko will fly to Manchester for a medical and after that he'll sign the previously agreed deal. On Saturday City and Wolfsburg agreed the transfer and on Sunday the negotiations between Dzeko and City took place. Yesterday the deal was done. Tomorrow morning he'll go through the routine medical tests, later in the day he signs the deal and lift the light blue jersey. Being a foreigner, it will take a little time for getting the work permit so he most probably won't play the match against Leicester in the FA but he'll play the EPL match. The info about his wages and how he couldn't come to an agreement with City about them was nothing more but sensational news to fill the newspapers. The negotiations went smoothly."

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
We dont need to close the tread

why are we even paying attention to a stereotype english man shity supporter ?
we all know they were crap before the oildollars came, and had no history
we all know that calciopoli is crap, as we proved when we got to the championsleague final, and saw numerous players in the world cup winning azurri.

stop trying to explain to a spoiled english supporter that believes tabloids, what our great club is about.
seriously, just ignore anything he says.

if dzeko chooses the oildollars above our great project and history, well then i dont even want him.

we want players like krasic, who are class and choose the club above the cash.

Logic

Jan 3, 2011
Juve should spend cash on young Italian players like Poli, then when/if you get CL you start buying players like Dzeko or maybe even Pastore.

I don't know the politics of Palermo and Juve but that would be an ideal signing.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Juve should spend cash on young Italian players like Poli, then when/if you get CL you start buying players like Dzeko or maybe even Pastore.

I don't know the politics of Palermo and Juve but that would be an ideal signing.
Thanks for the helpful advice.
City should do that too. They should buy young English superstars and if they finally make the CL for the first time, they should start buying top players.

Logic

Jan 3, 2011
Thanks for the helpful advice.
City should do that too. They should buy young English superstars and if they finally make the CL for the first time, they should start buying top players.
We have money to burn and have a fantastic squad. You don't.

Dzeko will be the cherry on top of the cake for us, you need to build your cake first.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Re-opened.

Discuss Man City's transfers policy, farsopoli, racism in football, etc. somewhere else. Open a new thread if you insist. This thread is for discussing Dzeko & and transfer news related to him.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Give tips when you ever play in CL first (let alone to a club who has one of the better overall European cups trophy counts). Let alone when you first win something for the first time since early 70s.

Now if you dont have anything to say about Dzeko related transfer talk, GET THE FUCK OUT. Per favore.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I give up on looking for news about Dzeko. Tuttosport still claim that Marotta will make a final attempt tomorrow for Dzeko while others claim that Dzeko will sign for City tomorrow morning. One obviously excludes the other so no need to bother anymore. Lets wait till tomorrow and see if Dzeko signs for City.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)