Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (13 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
We need Krasic more than Dzeko. What's the point in buying a goalscorer if we don't have the midfield to provide for him? Creativity is by far our biggest problem. Get Krasic (who is considerably cheaper), keep Diego, and either make do with the strikers we have (not ideal but we'd save a big chunk of cash that can be used for other positions) or look for a less expensive EU option. Dzeko is far from a necessity.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
We need Krasic more than Dzeko. What's the point in buying a goalscorer if we don't have the midfield to provide for him? Creativity is by far our biggest problem. Get Krasic (who is considerably cheaper), keep Diego, and either make do with the strikers we have (not ideal but we'd save a big chunk of cash that can be used for other positions) or look for a less expensive EU option. Dzeko is far from a necessity.
I like this,but there are not many strikers i mean really clinical strikers out there who are available, and giving a chance to some other team to get dzeko does scare me..i understand that Krasic is more of a priority than dzeko,and if we do get krasic, are we sure that Trezeguet,Amauri,DP,Iaquinta are good enough to bang in the goals.. if its possible to find a better striker than the ones we have and avalaible as well as at least is as good as dzeko with the EU passport then,i would definitely not mind getting Krasic and then letting some other team have the chance to get Dzeko..i just cant think of a striker with that quality and availability other than dzeko

Apr 15, 2006
One thing's for sure... if Dzeko does arrive for 30 mil, then the pressure and expectation from him will be HUGE. It'll be nothing like what Diego and Melo faced last season. The boy will be butchered by the media and fans if he doesn't perform.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
That depends on what you mean by "needing" a player.

If you ask me, we don't need either of them. But we sure could use them.
What we really need is an LB & an additional CB.

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
It's either him or Krasic, and, let's face it, you need Milos more.
Next year yes. But long in the long run I will argue that we need Dzeko more.

Dzeko is a bigger talent and a better player, the likes of him at his age and availability won't come around often.

Krasic is a good player, and will solve some of the problems we have with wide players. I just don't think he has as big a chance l to become a truly great player for us for the next 8 years.

One of my main arguments is that there are not that many world class stikers around, however quite a few wide players.

We have Martinez, Camoranesi, Giovinco, Pepe, Lanzafame. Thats 5 players for 2 spots. I know Giovinco and Camo are on their way out. I would rather give Giovinco another year, and give Camo his last year and see where and how Krasic, Hazard, Navas, Bale, Alexis Sanchez, Elia, Zarate, Leon, Di Maria are doing in a years time.

Adding Krasic will improve our squad, but not sufficiently to win anyways. Out current wingers can get us into CL, and it would be easier to get a good winger next year than a striker of Dzeko's skill.

That is why I think the best long run choice would be Dzeko.

Apr 17, 2009
Del Neri and Marotta have identified that we need a Right Winger, a Center-back and a Left-back. So they obviously know we have other areas we need to still improve aside from the Striker position.

Marotta promised a big signing also, what makes everyone think that if we get Dzeko we won't have money left to improve the squad? I mean we've repeatedly identified this issue in the media, and i'm sure, behind closed doors. If getting Dzeko means we would have no cash left to finance other deals then do you all really think that Marotta would be foolish enough to dump it all on a player who would be a lot better than what we have, but at the same time, cripple our ability to improve the rest of the squad?

If we are in for Dzeko it's obviosuly because we have enough money to get him and what ever else we still need.:sergio:

Jul 23, 2010
Next year yes. But long in the long run I will argue that we need Dzeko more.

Dzeko is a bigger talent and a better player, the likes of him at his age and availability won't come around often.

Krasic is a good player, and will solve some of the problems we have with wide players. I just don't think he has as big a chance l to become a truly great player for us for the next 8 years.

One of my main arguments is that there are not that many world class stikers around, however quite a few wide players.

We have Martinez, Camoranesi, Giovinco, Pepe, Lanzafame. Thats 5 players for 2 spots. I know Giovinco and Camo are on their way out. I would rather give Giovinco another year, and give Camo his last year and see where and how Krasic, Hazard, Navas, Bale, Alexis Sanchez, Elia, Zarate, Leon, Di Maria are doing in a years time.

Adding Krasic will improve our squad, but not sufficiently to win anyways. Out current wingers can get us into CL, and it would be easier to get a good winger next year than a striker of Dzeko's skill.

That is why I think the best long run choice would be Dzeko.
Exactly, I don't rate Krasic at all and that's why I want him to join. :D

Why sign Dzeko though? This means that only one of Del Piero, Diego, Trezeguet, Amauri, and Iaquinta gets to start.

The midfield is crowded as well. Tbh in both position the team lacks quality. But the priorities should be a LB and CD.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
if we buy dzeko we will need to sell. personally i dont want to sell diego cause i still believe he can perform and play really well for us.
apart if we can sell amauri for 20mil or something like it, i cant really see dzeko coming
krasic will be much easier to buy, half the price of dzeko and the guy has been begging us to sign him for a month now
i would also be happy with the latest rumours of givin milan camoranesi and getting huntelaar

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
What we need is a quality striker. There is a lot of good wingers out there to sign but not that many good strikers. If we don't sign Dzeko we basically have to go for players like Gilardino. Dzeko is what the Americans would call a franchise player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)