Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (12 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Don't know why you guys are soo desperate for Dzeko. Yes he's quality but for around 30 mil it won't be such a big loss if we didn't sign him. There will always be quality players around for that kind of money IMO....
That's the point though. People are complaining about the money to spend to get him but you just said we should spend it anyway later because there will be others like that around. Dzeko is one of the rare talents that all the big clubs will splurge on just to ensure they sign him. That's the way the big boys do business and unfortunately we keep playing it "safe" when its players exactly like Dzeko are the ones we need to really make this team compete again.

I want D because he scores a lot of goals and a lot of his goals he scores are fucking good goals. He is a talent none the less and does eveything our strikers should be doing but don't anymore. So, next year when we have to buy 2-3 new attacks IMO I will be there saying I told you so.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
That's the point though. People are complaining about the money to spend to get him but you just said we should spend it anyway later because there will be others like that around. Dzeko is one of the rare talents that all the big clubs will splurge on just to ensure they sign him. That's the way the big boys do business and unfortunately we keep playing it "safe" when its players exactly like Dzeko are the ones we need to really make this team compete again.

I want D because he scores a lot of goals and a lot of his goals he scores are fucking good goals. He is a talent none the less and does eveything our strikers should be doing but don't anymore. So, next year when we have to buy 2-3 new attacks IMO I will be there saying I told you so.
That's not really true though, is it?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That's not really true though, is it?
If a big club wasn't already stacked in that department then yes, I would like to think a club like Real, Barca, Man U(if they had money), or Chelsea would if they didn't have whom they had now.

I mean it really goes down to who is going to get Torres and Dzeko this summer. Don't you think that the price will only get higher this season again?

When is his contract up?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
If a big club wasn't already stacked in that department then yes, I would like to think a club like Real, Barca, Man U(if they had money), or Chelsea would if they didn't have whom they had now.
You'd like to think so & that's okay, but that doesn't necessarily make it true. Very few clubs have shown a real intrest in Dzeko, possibly because of the financial aspect.

I mean it really goes down to who is going to get Torres and Dzeko this summer. Don't you think that the price will only get higher this season again?

When is his contract up?
I am far from certain that Dzeko will change clubs this summer. Especially with the market being rather quiet so far when it comes to big money transfers.

As for his price next summer, no way of telling what it will be. But if we assume that his price is 30€ million today, he would need to have one hell of a season for it to increase.

No idea when his contract is up.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You'd like to think so & that's okay, but that doesn't necessarily make it true. Very few clubs have shown a real intrest in Dzeko, possibly because of the financial aspect.

I am far from certain that Dzeko will change clubs this summer. Especially with the market being rather quiet so far when it comes to big money transfers.

As for his price next summer, no way of telling what it will be. But if we assume that his price is 30€ million today, he would need to have one hell of a season for it to increase.

No idea when his contract is up.
All good points:tup:

Still, I think that if he doesn't sign this year then next year will be more difficult. I think Chelsea will want to get a replacement for Drogba, maybe they will get Torres.

I would really hate to see Inter come in and sneak one by us. Look what they did on the market last year, just because it is quiet now though doesn't mean in the next 30+ days nothing will happen. That is a long time for teams with new coaches (like Inter) to decide the players they have at their disposals aren't exactly what they want for their "new" teams.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
But the team's priority right now is wingers and defense more than anything else. Dzeko would definitely be an upgrade over what we have right now. But our strikers are not as bad as some here suggest.

Both Amauri and Iaquinta are decent strikers, trezeguet is one of the best goal-poachers in the game IMO. Even at 32 he still can score many goals.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
All good points:tup:

Still, I think that if he doesn't sign this year then next year will be more difficult. I think Chelsea will want to get a replacement for Drogba, maybe they will get Torres.

I would really hate to see Inter come in and sneak one by us. Look what they did on the market last year, just because it is quiet now though doesn't mean in the next 30+ days nothing will happen. That is a long time for teams with new coaches (like Inter) to decide the players they have at their disposals aren't exactly what they want for their "new" teams.
Thanks.

The highlighted bit is certainly true, but sadly we are in no position to wait it out. Unlike the other teams, our season starts this week. It's a messed up situation, be we only have ourselves to blame...

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Wolfsburg managing director Dieter Hoeness:
what he says-

Enough has got to be enough now. We have made our position clear and I will not say anything more about it.
what he means
for crying out loud up your offer. we have came out with the usual media spiel and are attempting desperately to bleed more cash from this deal

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I hope we do get Dzeko as in 3 years I expect him to be valued around 60M
and 5 years top I see Real bid a massive amount of $ (rejected or accepted is down to how Dzeko will fill about it)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Which of the big teams will spend big money on Dzeko this season? I can only think of Inter at the moment. Real won't, Barca won't, ManU won't and can't to a certain extent, Chelsea won't because I doubt Roman is going to spend more money on his strike force, Liverpool can't. Man City could. And maybe Bayern too. Who else?

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
icεmαή;2607364 said:
Which of the big teams will spend big money on Dzeko this season? I can only think of Inter at the moment. Real won't, Barca won't, ManU won't and can't to a certain extent, Chelsea won't because I doubt Roman is going to spend more money on his strike force, Liverpool can't. Man City could. And maybe Bayern too. Who else?
No one, premier clubs hardly spend big these days. Without man city that league would've had one of the dullest + slowest transfer activity in europe....

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Reality setting in, as one of the better run top clubs in Europe financially, it is a good time for us to buy, and of course new money teams like Man City. I don't see the financial position being different next summer, however.

May 22, 2007
Reality setting in, as one of the better run top clubs in Europe financially, it is a good time for us to buy, and of course new money teams like Man City. I don't see the financial position being different next summer, however.
The demand for him could well increase unfortunately though.

Nobody knows how much we have to spend though. Marotta talks about RW, LB, CB as priority. Agnelli apparently wants to give the fans a big name this summer. I don't know, he could provide us with some money of his own or use some money from next seasons fund?

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
The demand for him could well increase unfortunately though.

Nobody knows how much we have to spend though. Marotta talks about RW, LB, CB as priority. Agnelli apparently wants to give the fans a big name this summer. I don't know, he could provide us with some money of his own or use some money from next seasons fund?
That would be Krasic.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Manchester City unwilling to meet £35 million asking price for Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko

Manchester City are on the verge of conceding defeat in the race to sign Edin Dzeko because of the refusal of Wolfsburg to reduce their £35 million asking price.

City, along with Juventus, have pursued the Bosnia international for much of the summer but have been unable to come to a compromise with the Bundesliga team, managed by the former England coach Steve McClaren, on their valuation.
The Premier League side are believed to be willing to pay no more than about £25 million for Dzeko, who has scored 56 goals in 94 games and helped Wolfsburg to the league title since moving to Germany three years ago.

City are now preparing to turn to other targets — possibly including the Liverpool forward Fernando Torres and Barcelona’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic — despite expecting to complete a deal for the Inter Milan forward Mario Balotelli this week.
Talks between the two clubs over his £25 million move are expected to gather pace when both travel to Baltimore on Thursday, where the sides are due to meet on Saturday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...g-price-for-Wolfsburg-striker-Edin-Dzeko.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)