Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (13 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
And if so, then you have to ask yourself: is a system based on wingers and a team of wingers consisting of Pepe, Martinez, Lanzafame and DC any improvement over the past two years?

In response, you'd immediately say to yourself "no" before opening up a bottle of whisky and loading up your Sig Sauer P226.
Not to get carried away, because I still don't think this transfer will happen...

But in addition to you point buddy... we've entrusted that RB slot to Motta... who I think is not too bad - and he's got potential - but if Motta goes down, or struggles, then we're dependent on ZG. Not good at all.

I think Dzeko is a tremendous player, I would love to see him wear our colors (eventually, if it worked out... next summer) but if we blow the vast majority of our funds on this transfer... and get rid of Diego...

Well, it kind of reminds me of the period where we bought Amauri. That's right, I said it. Remember when we gave up the future worlds best CM Nocerino?

Seriously though, I think Dzeko will be more proficient than Amauri obviously - he's already a better player, and still improving - but back when we bought Amauri we had numerous holes in the lineup... and then blew our wad on a striker.

Those holes are still there today, especially on defense, meanwhile we have 7 players who, while not ideal (by any stretch), can fill those roles up front.

LB, another winger, CM and CB. Needed. Desperately. If we don't spend some serious coin on a sound LB, I'm going to lose my mind.

Juve11

Mar 3, 2008
Dzeko: 'Wolfsburg, let me join Juve!'
Thursday 12 August, 2010
Edin Dzeko has made a vivid appeal for Juventus to sign him. “I’m infuriated with Wolfsburg, they broke their promise to release me.”

The striker was Milan’s main transfer target last summer and is now the primary objective for Juve, but the Bundesliga side has continually declared he is not for sale.

“I’m infuriated with Wolfsburg,” the Bosnian told German newspaper Sport Bild.

“They broke their promises made last summer. I was asked to stay for another year and, in case Milan were still interested in me, I would be released.

“This summer the Rossoneri looked for me again, but they weren’t the only ones. Juventus have done and are doing everything to have me, but every offer is not seriously considered.

“Uli Hoeness told me that the agreements made last season are no longer valid, because they were made by Coach Armin Veh and manager Frank Aehlig.

“I want to play for an important club and the Wolfsburg directors know that,” continued a furious Dzeko.

“I have clearly stated that Juventus represent the best option for me. My contract clause of €40m should not have been an obstacle to my sale, it was introduced last summer to look after the club.

“My agent confirmed that Wolfsburg have received many offers close to this sum from Italian, Spanish and English clubs. I had the opportunity to leave and it was denied to me. I hope by August 31 this can be sorted out.

“I know Bayern Munich also showed interest, but I have other plans and see my future in a different League, certainly not the Bundesliga.

“If I cannot decide when to leave, they certainly can’t stop me refusing offers that do not entice me at all.”

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
adriano_c
You remeber mate I told you Wolfsburg were bluffing about not receving any offers for Dzeko, but I couldn't prove it to you at the time?

Now news are slowly coming out...

"My agent confirmed that Wolfsburg have received many offers close to this sum "

focking Whoreness.

Mar 10, 2009
Diego is better than Dzeko. For as - even much better due to our lack of creativity.

I agree I'd rather have Diego it wasn't long before the hype was all around Diego and everyone was after this guy too.
This season he'll be greater under a decent manager and a decent Juve.
Besides as I pointed out before, most of the big Striker money transfers end up with them flopping. I think the last one that did end up good was Ronaldo from inter to real, for the last decade, hardly any striker who was paid over 20 million pounds to get turned out any good.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
I agree I'd rather have Diego it wasn't long before the hype was all around Diego and everyone was after this guy too.
This season he'll be greater under a decent manager and a decent Juve.
Besides as I pointed out before, most of the big Striker money transfers end up with them flopping. I think the last one that did end up good was Ronaldo from inter to real, for the last decade, hardly any striker who was paid over 20 million pounds to get turned out any good.
you mean in serie A only right?cos if you mean worldwide then there are plenty of great strikers who performed after big transfer moves..

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
adriano_c
You remeber mate I told you Wolfsburg were bluffing about not receving any offers for Dzeko, but I couldn't prove it to you at the time?

Now news are slowly coming out...

"My agent confirmed that Wolfsburg have received many offers close to this sum "

focking Whoreness.
Well, it's possible. However, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this whole interview is denied in a day or two. Alongside all the other supposed interviews he's "given" wherein he apparently was pissed at management and would demand a release, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)