Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (38 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I feel like when I saw losing Diego for him people think that is where we would end our mercato...who is to say that we wouldn't make player sells and buy 1-2 creative wingers and play a straight 442? It's not like that is not an option you know.

Buy on AliExpress.com

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
You are beating a dead horse here. I said I don't want him to leave and would love to see him with Dzeko. I agree that if the team plays better as a whole then so will he. I get that, stop saying it. I really think you are missing my point.
I'm not man. You WOULD / dont want it but you would sacrifice Diego for Dzeko because you're convinced that he will score loads of goals for us and It will be a successful move anyway, right?

Now read my last post again.

May 22, 2007
It's very easy to look back at last season and criticise any Juventus player, but you have to look at the bigger picture and why we failed. Diego didn't really do much wrong in fact, he kept to his role and in the end he came out of Serie A with more assists and goals than Sneijder. He was isolated in a team without the players to support the 4-3-1-2 system, something which was a huge failing of the Juventus management, on top of the already terrible coaching.

If we reversed the roles and put Dzeko in a team unable to play simple football or even resemble a group of players following a tactical system, then I think we'd see the same results as we did with Diego. He'd probably get 15 goals or so due to actually having talent, but find himself struggling to express himself without a TEAM around him, and get critics questioning why he didn't drag the team by himself, something which in my lifetime only one footballer I've seen has ever been able to do.

I think the argument was that Diego isn't untouchable, which based on ability I agree on, but in the current situation Juventus can't afford to sell him, due to the age of Del Piero and the quality of any other possible replacement.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Either I'm not explaining myself clearly or you are just all on one page and I am on another. Whatever the case: Boz, Red, Ken, Benji, Kasaki, Suns, Lion and whoever else replied to my argument....

I want Diego to stay, I want Dzeko, I said what I would chose if I had to chose between the two...there are plenty of other options we could go for if Diego did leave to recover that "creative deficit" if he were to leave. I would like to think that they would have a Plan B at the club if we lost Diego. Besides, what happens if Diego gets a season ending injury? Then who would take his place? I just got lambasted for suggesting Gio might be able to make up for that creativity...but I guess Gio has only ever been inconsistent.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's very easy to look back at last season and criticise any Juventus player, but you have to look at the bigger picture and why we failed. Diego didn't really do much wrong in fact, he kept to his role and in the end he came out of Serie A with more assists and goals than Sneijder. He was isolated in a team without the players to support the 4-3-1-2 system, something which was a huge failing of the Juventus management, on top of the already terrible coaching.

If we reversed the roles and put Dzeko in a team unable to play simple football or even resemble a group of players following a tactical system, then I think we'd see the same results as we did with Diego. He'd probably get 15 goals or so due to actually having talent, but find himself struggling to express himself without a TEAM around him, and get critics questioning why he didn't drag the team by himself, something which in my lifetime only one footballer I've seen has ever been able to do.

I think the argument was that Diego isn't untouchable, which based on ability I agree on, but in the current situation Juventus can't afford to sell him, due to the age of Del Piero and the quality of any other possible replacement.
You put Dzeko in for Amauri with this team last year and I am sure he would have done much more than our striker did. It's nice to have striker that can move and make space...that is exactly what Diego needed last year but never had.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm not man. You WOULD / dont want it but you would sacrifice Diego for Dzeko because you're convinced that he will score loads of goals for us and It will be a successful move anyway, right?

Now read my last post again.
I said I would choose Dzeko because we could still make other market moves to improve us further making up for that creative shortage.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
:tup: Salva, as usual.

--

Hus, we'd never get the money we payed for Diego, and I don't see capable replacements lining up. We're not going to agree on this matter anyway, so maybe we should just agree to disagree.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Dzeko has it all. A complete striker from his sublime finishing inside and outside the box, his movement to get into a position to receive that ball/pass, his first touch, strength in holding onto the ball, fighting in the box on set pieces, whether he chooses to use his head, left foot or right foot his can use it all, he is quick for his size, good ball control, able to pull defenders away and make space for others, very smart in and around the box and obviously has a killer instinct on goal.

Now analyze Amauri: no movement, complains, good with head, not left foot, and average right foot...fancy tricks that end with absolutely no end product, stagnate in movement and a lot of times in the box...blah blah blah, if you still haven't seen it after last season then :sergio:

Now IQ: horrible first touch, powerful and good at runs but when it comes to one on ones and easy finishes not the most reliable striker to have. Injuried often and these injuries are just a bruised ankle rather a month or more lay off. Not what i WANT to lead our attack line....ever.

Now Trez: We all know what he can do and would love to see him next to Dzeko AND/OR Diego...but age and injuries scares me. I hope we have the old Trez back this year.

DP: Not sure how he is going to play with Diego (if he stays)...age, injuries and fitness...my worries. When he is fit, I know he still has the magic...but that's only when he is fit.

Dzeko has what all of the first 3 have and much more minus their huge weaknesses. Why the hell would we want to keep playing with the first 3 is beyond me when you have the chance to sign a real talent like Dzeko. Whatever team he is going to play for he is going to shine...we couldn't really say that about Diego when we bought him, it was more of a hope rather than a guarantee.

That's how I see it. If you think I am taking it too far then that's how you see it...good for you. I want Dzeko because he will score...no more frustrating misses that any of us could score, much less on injuries and more fun games to watch.

At the end of the day goals bring us 3 pts....no fancy play or passes though they can. Goals are concrete and quantitative, not fancy skills and passing to strikers that lead us to no where but counter attacks.
Hustini , if I didn't have a chance to see Dzeko before I'd think that you are talking about the 3 heads, 4 arms, 4 legs monster with Mesi's technique, McManaman's acceleration and speed and Essien's strength.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:tup: Salva, as usual.

--

Hus, we'd never get the money we payed for Diego, and I don't see capable replacements lining up. We're not going to agree on this matter anyway, so maybe we should just agree to disagree.
I think everyone here is agreeing to disagree with me:D
Hustini , if I didn't have a chance to see Dzeko before I'd think that you are talking about the 3 heads, 4 arms, 4 legs monster with Mesi's technique, McManaman's acceleration and speed and Essien's strength.
huh?

May 22, 2007
You put Dzeko in for Amauri with this team last year and I am sure he would have done much more than our striker did. It's nice to have striker that can move and make space...that is exactly what Diego needed last year but never had.
Which I completely agree on, but take away Diego and we're left with some quite average wingers and a worrying set of options for SS (with the greatest respect to Del Piero, but he is noticeable losing his fitness), which is why I think I'd rather have Diego over Dzeko in the current Juventus.

Anyway, it's a good thing Diego isn't leaving Juventus and Del Neri has noticed his talent, on top of what appears to be an attempt to purchase Dzeko.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If Diego had to be sold to get Dzeko, I would skip it.

I'd rather sign Krasic, keep Diego and either sign a different forward or stick with the existing forwards.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Which I completely agree on, but take away Diego and we're left with some quite average wingers and a worrying set of options for SS (with the greatest respect to Del Piero, but he is noticeable losing his fitness), which is why I think I'd rather have Diego over Dzeko in the current Juventus.

Anyway, it's a good thing Diego isn't leaving Juventus and Del Neri has noticed his talent, on top of what appears to be an attempt to purchase Dzeko.
Which has been what I have been trying to say. Diego can stay but it won't do us any good if we have the same 4 up front this season.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If Diego had to be sold to get Dzeko, I would skip it.

I'd rather sign Krasic, keep Diego and either sign a different forward or stick with the existing forwards.
After watching the frustrations of Amauri last year and the endless injuries of the rest no way would I want to ever stay with the 4 we have now. Amauri, when he did have good service from Diego or the wings still struggled....not sure how that would chance this year.

The only striker I want to stay is Trez.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
It is obvious that the new rule is not a problem , we couldn't afford both Dzeko and Krasic anyway.

By the way what we need is a deep lying playmaker because Melo, Sissoko or Poulsen are not holding that ability.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
@Sal> Ok...I am leaving now then...Time to eat and have some sex...you bitches all took a lot of energy out of me this last hour or so.

I will be back later to see how many of the rest of the community starts biting my balls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)