Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (15 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 26, 2009
1- we had a very bad season, football is a team game, and he can't play alone.

2- he was not with his national team obviously because of that bad season. At the end it was Dunga's choice and I don't consider him as a coach with a "good taste".
You can tell by his clothing:snoop: ................seriously though, he built an oiled team out of 06' team rubble. I have never seen a well jelled,organized Brazilian team.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I agree with hustini on this and will help his cause with more arguments that he might not consider important, but i do:
1- Dzeko's age
2- availability of quality finishers of Dzeko's level, contrasting with amount of playmakers, wingers and SSs, both in our squad and transfer market.
3- 4-4-2 that is in our dna, is back and will stay for good, for various reasons.

To expand/explain those arguments:
1- just look at the average age of our forward line and see how many starters we will need starting for the next season!
2- CFs have always been the most expensive, rare, hard to find and hard to get. We wont get a chance to sign such a gifted player every year and if we compromise with a Pazzini type of player, this will compromise our team's scoring effectiveness for at least 5years to come. And such mistake cannot be undone with a change on the formation, like it is the case with amfs and ss's.
We cannot add one more amf, either be a winger, ss or cm to boost the total of our creativity or buy a Cassano type of SS next year, that will immediately blend in and replace the creativity of Diego as SS,
probably even more effectively than Diego himself, or a Krasic type of winger that may be a better winger than Diego due to pace and other reasons that are required from a 4-4-2 winger.
If we cant be perfect within a year, think ahead.
3-we are investing on 2 pairs of wingers, we will keep on with that Italian coaches persisting pleague that has alwayn been our characteristic and will be shared with the Nt as well! Midfielders and supporter strikers will come and go, but we will only buy a top class finisher just once and we already have a load of back up players. Unlike all these variables, consistent scoring can only be acquired by one way, the finisher's ability!
I know you guys crave for Brazilian flicks and we havent had such player like diego, since zz. But unfortunately the Italian sub-coaches we have been using and will be using will not be able to take the max of Diego in the flat 4-4-2, he will other wont be able to cope 100% with his role (of playing deep or wing due to lack of pace and def abilities, or wont be able to use his long vertical passes if he is playing upfront (as SS)
Whilst a prolific and complete finisher like Dzeko will be able to fit in in every tactical choice and offer better results than our current crappy forwards, while being led by the crappy coaches we are getting.

Amauri+iaq are both very useful at creating chances and keep a couple of CBs on them, far more effective on that than scoring, so they can be more helpful besides a Dzeko, than a diego, dp, giovinco, or themselves.
Whilst besides the retiring and unreliable front of finishes, we have no real options.
Well said. :tup:
I'm tired of trying to force "one" player into a formation or build a team around "one" player. Its bullshit. Either we keep him and he adapts himself for the team or we get a striker like dzeko that can fit into any formation we need to play.

After Dzeko it might be 2 years before the next best striker comes alone and all the while we are forced to keep the ones we have or settle for average Pazzo's and Gilardino's

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Give Diego for Dzeko. Fuck me Hustini I thought you were hard on Amauri but you've taken this to another level dude :p
Haha whoa dude...I got nothing against Diego, I just really want Dzeko:D

I don't know why everyone thinks I do :shifty:

I do hate Amauri though, he has his work cut out this season if he wants my trust back.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm sure his month(s) long goal scoring droughts are keeping him up at night...if anything, that's what he should be losing sleep over. His free ride should be over, time to start earning his pay check.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
A UK journalist has tweeted that all bids are accepted for Dzeko and it's up to the player to decide.

Could be a WUM. So take it with a pinch of salt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)