Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (14 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
After watching the frustrations of Amauri last year and the endless injuries of the rest no way would I want to ever stay with the 4 we have now. Amauri, when he did have good service from Diego or the wings still struggled....not sure how that would chance this year.

The only striker I want to stay is Trez.
I'm not going to say Juve's frontline doesn't need to be improved, but they suffered badly from the style of play.

They are all forwards who thrive on crosses, and there was a total lack of them last season.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
@red: so we want 3 strikers that can only score on crosses?
See, now you are doing what you just complained about myself and others doing a few minutes ago.

I said I would prefer to keep Diego and sign a different forward, rather than sign Dzeko and lose Diego.

I would also prefer to not sign a striker at all, rather than lose Diego, but that clearly isn''t the best option.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
we can get Dzeko and a nice right winger and Giovinco on the left or even SS. just get this winger and a good LB. i think if we sell some dead wood we can get all this players.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
What makes Diego so "untouchable"...let me ask that.
That's all well and good, but Dzeko still needs someone to create chances for him, and you want to sell Juve's main creative player.
If Diego had to be sold to get Dzeko, I would skip it.

I'd rather sign Krasic, keep Diego and either sign a different forward or stick with the existing forwards.
See, now you are doing what you just complained about myself and others doing a few minutes ago.

I said I would prefer to keep Diego and sign a different forward, rather than sign Dzeko and lose Diego.

I would also prefer to not sign a striker at all, rather than lose Diego, but that clearly isn''t the best option.
:beer: Thank you Red.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Well when he bags another 24 goals next year with another team while we watch Amauri flop his hands around...I will remember that.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I agree with hustini on this and will help his cause with more arguments that he might not consider important, but i do:
1- Dzeko's age
2- availability of quality finishers of Dzeko's level, contrasting with amount of playmakers, wingers and SSs, both in our squad and transfer market.
3- 4-4-2 that is in our dna, is back and will stay for good, for various reasons.

To expand/explain those arguments:
1- just look at the average age of our forward line and see how many starters we will need starting for the next season!
2- CFs have always been the most expensive, rare, hard to find and hard to get. We wont get a chance to sign such a gifted player every year and if we compromise with a Pazzini type of player, this will compromise our team's scoring effectiveness for at least 5years to come. And such mistake cannot be undone with a change on the formation, like it is the case with amfs and ss's.
We cannot add one more amf, either be a winger, ss or cm to boost the total of our creativity or buy a Cassano type of SS next year, that will immediately blend in and replace the creativity of Diego as SS,
probably even more effectively than Diego himself, or a Krasic type of winger that may be a better winger than Diego due to pace and other reasons that are required from a 4-4-2 winger.
If we cant be perfect within a year, think ahead.
3-we are investing on 2 pairs of wingers, we will keep on with that Italian coaches persisting pleague that has alwayn been our characteristic and will be shared with the Nt as well! Midfielders and supporter strikers will come and go, but we will only buy a top class finisher just once and we already have a load of back up players. Unlike all these variables, consistent scoring can only be acquired by one way, the finisher's ability!
I know you guys crave for Brazilian flicks and we havent had such player like diego, since zz. But unfortunately the Italian sub-coaches we have been using and will be using will not be able to take the max of Diego in the flat 4-4-2, he will other wont be able to cope 100% with his role (of playing deep or wing due to lack of pace and def abilities, or wont be able to use his long vertical passes if he is playing upfront (as SS)
Whilst a prolific and complete finisher like Dzeko will be able to fit in in every tactical choice and offer better results than our current crappy forwards, while being led by the crappy coaches we are getting.

Amauri+iaq are both very useful at creating chances and keep a couple of CBs on them, far more effective on that than scoring, so they can be more helpful besides a Dzeko, than a diego, dp, giovinco, or themselves.
Whilst besides the retiring and unreliable front of finishes, we have no real options.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Marotta: ‘Juve dream of Dzeko’[/FONT]
Wednesday 21 July, 2010
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Juventus’ general manager Beppe Marotta has revealed that he dreams of signing Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko, although he admits that it will be difficult.

The Bianconeri have made no secret of their pursuit of Dzeko who is arguably the most in-demand centre-forward in Europe at the moment.

This morning’s Tuttosport claims that Wolfsburg director general Dieter Hoeness has put Dzeko up for sale, as the player wants to leave.

Manchester City are almost certain to return with another bid, although they have recently turned their attention to Inter striker Mario Balotelli.

Interviewed in this morning’s Il Corriere dello Sport, Marotta was asked if Juventus held out any hope of signing Dzeko.

“It’s a dream that isn’t over, an objective that we will follow for as long as possible, though conscious of the enormous difficulties involved.

“Wolfsburg’s asking price is high and the competition have greater resources. But it’s nice that Dzeko expressed his pleasure at the prospect of Juventus being an eventual destination. It means that the appeal is still strong.”

Reflecting on Juventus’ transfer strategy as a whole, Marotta said: “I can confirm that there are two priorities: a left-back and a right winger. The others are linked to parallel operations.

“It’s no longer the time to spend crazy amounts of money. Purchasing power must be equal to turnover and besides the Messis and Cristiano Ronaldos aren’t accessible to Italian clubs.

“After a disappointing season, it was fundamental to restore enthusiasm to the fans. Our work has only just begun, but they have learnt to trust us.”

Marotta then responded to criticism that Juventus’ signings have so far been relatively lacklustre.

“We only have to look back at Juventus’ history to erase certain prejudices: champions uncovered at little clubs who became great in Turin wrote it. Anastasi and Gentile came to light at Varese, Prandelli and Cabrini at Cremonese and Atalanta, Conte came through at Lecce and Ravanelli had surprised at Reggiana.

“We want to refresh that tradition again.”

Football Italia
[/FONT]

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Marotta: 'Juve dream of Dzeko’[/FONT]
Wednesday 21 July, 2010

Reflecting on Juventus’ transfer strategy as a whole, Marotta said: “I can confirm that there are two priorities: a left-back and a right winger. The others are linked to parallel operations.

Football Italia
Good to hear...maybe he is working behind the scenes for them... :shifty:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)