Edin Džeko - Wolfsburg - ST (52 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I see more potential in Diego behind Dzeko yes, I agree... but that might not be so easy and if it is possible then absolutely that would be my first choice as Giovanatti, Benji and Kasaki would agree...yes, we are on the same page...but if it means that keeping the other strikers we have considering their age and fitness then that is what worries me. I would rather have a player that can bang in goals than having a creative player that has to try and do everything himself because his strikers either miss easy chances, are injured or just don't have the movement needed.

I am taking into account a lot here in my reasons why I would like Dzeko here but I take it as many of you think I want to sell Diego at any cost when its not that at all. I would love to keep him but I sure as hell don't see him as untouchable. Buffon is untouchable and if you think Diego is that right now after last season then you are crazy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Hustini says that if Diego leaves then we should keep Giovinco and play him in Diego's role
thats a great idea,lets take a hugely talented player who was bullied,outnumbered and outfought out of the team and replace him with someone smaller,lighter.less experienced and even less consistent

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Dzeko has it all. A complete striker from his sublime finishing inside and outside the box, his movement to get into a position to receive that ball/pass, his first touch, strength in holding onto the ball, fighting in the box on set pieces, whether he chooses to use his head, left foot or right foot his can use it all, he is quick for his size, good ball control, able to pull defenders away and make space for others, very smart in and around the box and obviously has a killer instinct on goal.

Now analyze Amauri: no movement, complains, good with head, not left foot, and average right foot...fancy tricks that end with absolutely no end product, stagnate in movement and a lot of times in the box...blah blah blah, if you still haven't seen it after last season then :sergio:

Now IQ: horrible first touch, powerful and good at runs but when it comes to one on ones and easy finishes not the most reliable striker to have. Injuried often and these injuries are just a bruised ankle rather a month or more lay off. Not what i WANT to lead our attack line....ever.

Now Trez: We all know what he can do and would love to see him next to Dzeko AND/OR Diego...but age and injuries scares me. I hope we have the old Trez back this year.

DP: Not sure how he is going to play with Diego (if he stays)...age, injuries and fitness...my worries. When he is fit, I know he still has the magic...but that's only when he is fit.

Dzeko has what all of the first 3 have and much more minus their huge weaknesses. Why the hell would we want to keep playing with the first 3 is beyond me when you have the chance to sign a real talent like Dzeko. Whatever team he is going to play for he is going to shine...we couldn't really say that about Diego when we bought him, it was more of a hope rather than a guarantee.

That's how I see it. If you think I am taking it too far then that's how you see it...good for you. I want Dzeko because he will score...no more frustrating misses that any of us could score, much less on injuries and more fun games to watch.

At the end of the day goals bring us 3 pts....no fancy play or passes though they can. Goals are concrete and quantitative, not fancy skills and passing to strikers that lead us to no where but counter attacks.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
thats a great idea,lets take a hugely talented player who was bullied,outnumbered and outfought out of the team and replace him with someone smaller,lighter.less experienced and even less consistent
Gio is less consistent? How...He has always produced when called upon. Why can't he play the DP role? I don't see the problem.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
What makes you think that Diego will be successful this year? He wasn't last year...even when we played in his two "comfortable" formations....and this year....going to a 442 which is the farthest thing from what Diego excels in...still, I see it as risky when Dzeko can do a hell of a lot more for us than a few "ooohs and ahhhs" from a brazilian with the occasional assist.
Like I said, if we get to see our team capable of playing some football and every player knowing their role and taking a responsibilty to be part of the team, not just passing it to Diego and hope for some magic, Diego will surley be a success next season.
He can surley offer more than just 'oh and ah' moments.
I can't guarantee you his success but here's a thing mate. The problem with our team ATM goes beyond Diego and his favorite formation.
If we play like the way we did last season, clueless , one dimentional, with no plan B , with player losing their concentrations and putting the responsibilities on others, Dzeko won't do us any good either even with his so called high scoring rate in Bundesliga.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I see more potential in Diego behind Dzeko yes, I agree... but that might not be so easy and if it is possible then absolutely that would be my first choice as Giovanatti, Benji and Kasaki would agree...yes, we are on the same page...but if it means that keeping the other strikers we have considering their age and fitness then that is what worries me. I would rather have a player that can bang in goals than having a creative player that has to try and do everything himself because his strikers either miss easy chances, are injured or just don't have the movement needed.

I am taking into account a lot here in my reasons why I would like Dzeko here but I take it as many of you think I want to sell Diego at any cost when its not that at all. I would love to keep him but I sure as hell don't see him as untouchable. Buffon is untouchable and if you think Diego is that right now after last season then you are crazy.
Diego, if the rest of the team were decent enough, would be great. You may not think he's untouchable, and he's certainly not upthere with Buffon, obviously, but selling him would really cost us. We have no other players who can do what he does. Having to sell one important player to get another won't get us anywhere.

Now we don't have the striker to make use of Diego's creativity, but if we sell Diego we'll have a striker who doesn't get any service...

Not to compare the two, but everybody slams Pazzini for being crap, but looking good because of Cassano, yet seem to think Dzeko does it all by himself. Don't underestimate the role players like Misimovic have at Wolfsburg.

It's just not that simple. We should keep Diego and get a striker to make progress.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Like I said, if we get to see our team capable of playing some football and every player knowing their role and taking a responsibilty to be part of the team, not just passing it to Diego and hope for some magic, Diego will surley be a success next season.
He can surley offer more than just 'oh and ah' moments.
I can't guarantee you his succes but here's a thing mate. The problem with our team ATM goes behind Diego and his favorite formation.
If we play like the way we did last season, clueless , one dimentional, with no plan B , with player losing their concentrations and putting the responsibilities on others, Dzeko won't do us any good either even with his so called high scoring rate in Bundesliga.
You are beating a dead horse here. I said I don't want him to leave and would love to see him with Dzeko. I agree that if the team plays better as a whole then so will he. I get that, stop saying it. I really think you are missing my point.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Dude, are you serious? Pay anything.. sell Diego, because Dzeko will magically create chances for himself? Better yet.. have TIAGO create the chances? :lol:

I'd love Dzeko here, but you're going a bit overboard, Hus.
No, our wingers Pepe and Martinez will be creating everything.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Dzeko has it all. A complete striker from his sublime finishing inside and outside the box, his movement to get into a position to receive that ball/pass, his first touch, strength in holding onto the ball, fighting in the box on set pieces, whether he chooses to use his head, left foot or right foot his can use it all, he is quick for his size, good ball control, able to pull defenders away and make space for others, very smart in and around the box and obviously has a killer instinct on goal.

Now analyze Amauri: no movement, complains, good with head, not left foot, and average right foot...fancy tricks that end with absolutely no end product, stagnate in movement and a lot of times in the box...blah blah blah, if you still haven't seen it after last season then :sergio:

Now IQ: horrible first touch, powerful and good at runs but when it comes to one on ones and easy finishes not the most reliable striker to have. Injuried often and these injuries are just a bruised ankle rather a month or more lay off. Not what i WANT to lead our attack line....ever.

Now Trez: We all know what he can do and would love to see him next to Dzeko AND/OR Diego...but age and injuries scares me. I hope we have the old Trez back this year.

DP: Not sure how he is going to play with Diego (if he stays)...age, injuries and fitness...my worries. When he is fit, I know he still has the magic...but that's only when he is fit.

Dzeko has what all of the first 3 have and much more minus their huge weaknesses. Why the hell would we want to keep playing with the first 3 is beyond me when you have the chance to sign a real talent like Dzeko. Whatever team he is going to play for he is going to shine...we couldn't really say that about Diego when we bought him, it was more of a hope rather than a guarantee.

That's how I see it. If you think I am taking it too far then that's how you see it...good for you. I want Dzeko because he will score...no more frustrating misses that any of us could score, much less on injuries and more fun games to watch.

At the end of the day goals bring us 3 pts....no fancy play or passes though they can. Goals are concrete and quantitative, not fancy skills and passing to strikers that lead us to no where but counter attacks.
That's all well and good, but Dzeko still needs someone to create chances for him, and you want to sell Juve's main creative player.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Diego, if the rest of the team were decent enough, would be great. You may not think he's untouchable, and he's certainly not upthere with Buffon, obviously, but selling him would really cost us. We have no other players who can do what he does. Having to sell one important player to get another won't get us anywhere.

Now we don't have the striker to make use of Diego's creativity, but if we sell Diego we'll have a striker who doesn't get any service...

Not to compare the two, but everybody slams Pazzini for being crap, but looking good because of Cassano, yet seem to think Dzeko does it all by himself. Don't underestimate the role players like Misimovic have at Wolfsburg.

It's just not that simple. We should keep Diego and get a striker to make progress.
Ken, for the love of God I said I don't want to lose Diego. My argument was his untouchable status and if I "personally" had to chose him or Dzeko I would chose Dzeko...OBVIOUSLY I would want both in this team.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
You don't want to lose Diego, yet would sell him in the blink of an eye if it meant Dzeko coming this way. I'm just saying how that would only backfire on us, instead of improve our team.

I perfectly understand you'd prefer to keep both.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That's all well and good, but Dzeko still needs someone to create chances for him, and you want to sell Juve's main creative player.
Dude....come on man, pay attention to my posts. I am just saying I want Dzeko here and if it mean losing Diego then yes...but if we could get him and keep Diego that would be ideal. I don't see the confusion here.

Who is to say we wouldn't get a great winger after that deal if it were to happen to help with the creativity.

Man here seem to think that if Diego were to leave for Dzeko then the mercato would close there.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You don't want to lose Diego, yet would sell him in the blink of an eye if it meant Dzeko coming this way. I'm just saying how that would only backfire on us, instead of improve our team.

I perfectly understand you'd prefer to keep both.
Would or could? Big difference and there is no way you would know that for sure. No one here would.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I think it's fair to say 'swapping' those two players wouldn't get us anywhere. Anything can happen though, obviously.

Who knows, maybe we'd get worse? We'd certainly look even poorer in midfield, without any ideas whatsoever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)