Eden Hazard (1 Viewer)

May 22, 2007
It might have been a few games ago, I think Belgium had a home match and Hazard was one of the better performers and the coach subbed him off, causing the crowd to start booing him?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
It might have been a few games ago, I think Belgium had a home match and Hazard was one of the better performers and the coach subbed him off, causing the crowd to start booing him?
It was the game against Turkey. I was there, in the stadium. Not booing :D

But about the booing: a few people did, but not everyone. Hell not even the majority. And those who did, probably did it because he just made a good run (his first of the game!) right before the sub or because of the fact that other players deserved to be subbed out as well.

But in short, he was useless in that game, just like he has been in most of his NT games so far.

May 22, 2007
Oh okay then, just remember reading an article suggesting he shouldn't have been brought off because he could have made 'something' happen. 20 isn't a bad age to begin having a positive impact.

Have you seen him for Lille? (I presume yes), seems like you're very uncertain over him?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Have you seen him for Lille? (I presume yes), seems like you're very uncertain over him?
Every now again I saw him for Lille, but definitely not every game.

I'm not uncertain about his technical qualities, my only issue with him is his, for lack of a better word, "attitude".
As soon as things go somewhat wrong (which he has never experienced at Lille when you think about it), he starts acting like a retarded 12 year old.
- Our previous manager (Advocaat) criticized him heavily numerous times because of it, going as far as saying "change, or f*ck off & don't come back". The one before that also had similar issues with him.
- Leaving the dressing room & stadium after being subbed out (that Turkey game, when he sucked) and going for a hamburger with only 1 reason: showing everyone that he doesn't care about the team if he's not playing himself.
- Putting a 1 page ad (open letter if you want) in the papers saying that everyone should love him & that he is being treated wrongly.
- Etc

I wouldn't even have a problem with all these things, if he actually performed for the NT, but he didn't. Prove something first, then act like a whiny little bitch is what I say.

Question is though: why no problems at Lille, yet one episode after the other (regardless of our manager) with the NT? Regardless of the club he ends up at, it's definitely something to take into account imo. Which may explain why teams so far seem to have been hesitant to come up with the big money for him. (Except for PSG.)

I'd still like him at Juve though :D

May 22, 2007
Every now again I saw him for Lille, but definitely not every game.

I'm not uncertain about his technical qualities, my only issue with him is his, for lack of a better word, "attitude".
As soon as things go somewhat wrong (which he has never experienced at Lille when you think about it), he starts acting like a retarded 12 year old.
- Our previous manager (Advocaat) criticized him heavily numerous times because of it, going as far as saying "change, or f*ck off & don't come back". The one before that also had similar issues with him.
- Leaving the dressing room & stadium after being subbed out (that Turkey game, when he sucked) and going for a hamburger with only 1 reason: showing everyone that he doesn't care about the team if he's not playing himself.
- Putting a 1 page ad (open letter if you want) in the papers saying that everyone should love him & that he is being treated wrongly.
- Etc

I wouldn't even have a problem with all these things, if he actually performed for the NT, but he didn't. Prove something first, then act like a whiny little bitch is what I say.

Question is though: why no problems at Lille, yet one episode after the other (regardless of our manager) with the NT? Regardless of the club he ends up at, it's definitely something to take into account imo. Which may explain why teams so far seem to have been hesitant to come up with the big money for him. (Except for PSG.)

I'd still like him at Juve though :D
I don't think I've seen Belgium for years (whenever they qualified for the World Cup or Euros last) so haven't seen any of this mess, like his problems with Advocaat. It's just strange to me after seeing him for Lille, and he's got an unprofessional side for a different team where his performances/attitude are disappointing. Always thought he would be the "dream" young talent to purchase :/

Actually seems like Belgium might have difficulties qualifying for the 2012 championships. Meh.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I don't think I've seen Belgium for years (whenever they qualified for the World Cup or Euros last) so haven't seen any of this mess, like his problems with Advocaat. It's just strange to me after seeing him for Lille, and he's got an unprofessional side for a different team where his performances/attitude are disappointing. Always thought he would be the "dream" young talent to purchase :/

Actually seems like Belgium might have difficulties qualifying for the 2012 championships. Meh.
I think the problem is that, at Lille, he is the star, and he is treated there like that, while at our NT, everyone is equal (ok, there are always a few that are in favour of the coach, but you know the point). IMO, he needs to leave Lille and go to a team where he is one of the 11, that will be the big test for him on a club level.
Undoubtably he has the skills, now to see if he has the character to make it.

And with regard to Euro 2012, chances are small (if not very small), but we always said we were working towards 2014/2016 with the guys we have now and looking at the progress they made the last year, participitating in 2014 and shining (better then a first round that is) in 2016 should be a possibility.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Whenever I've seen him at Lille he had a weird position and he surely gets a free role very often, which is something that I don't like. Sure, I don't mind giving players freedom, but he can hardly shape if he keeps playing like that. I don't think he's a 'defined' winger just yet, but I do love him and I think he has a great potential. Manure would probably shape him and make one of the best IMO.

But I still think he's worth of that... 'gamble'.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I have to agree with the last sentence if we were a team with money to burn, however, it will be a 30-40 MEuro gamble, don't think we can afford us that at the moment

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Interesting seeing you Belgians talk about his unprofessional side, i've seen both you guys, Chester and Buck criticizing him for that several times. He's never had those sort of problems at Lille, perhaps thats because ever since he was playing for the U19's he was touted as the next big thing, and when he first made his debut there was a lot of anticipation around it, ie, he was their #1 star from the very start.

Also, Dusan you're right in that he gets a free role at Lille, you rarely see him sticking to the wing, sometimes he's behind the striker, sometimes he's on the right, sometimes on the left, he has complete freedom at Lille. You can't blame them though, the guy is literally carrying them, can't imagine how Lille will cope without him.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
That is true, and that is also one of the reasons why Lille ask so much money for him, they know he'll be missed a lot.
And Fred, for our NT, he has proven many times already that he still needs to grow on the professional side, that is also why I said he needs to go to another team were he is one of the 11.
But, if he can keep performing for our NT like he did in the last match, then it is clear that what happened a few months ago is in the past and he learned from it.
I hope he is fit tonight, we'll need his creativity to get chances against "the Germans"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)