Dušan Vlahović (11 Viewers)

How many goals this season? All competitions.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I don't even think its as much about cash flow and money for transfers as it's about balance sheet. We probably have to sell someone valuable to generate profit on the balance sheet since our wage bill is not proportionate to our revenue + a large chunk of the usual revenue will not be coming in. And then we bring in someone as replacement, spread the cost over 5 years and the balance sheet looks a bit better.

Imo the alternative scenario is cutting costs in a radical fashion. Terminate with golden handshakes, loan to Turkey and pay half the salary, renew on an adequate salary or just get rid of in any possible fashion of all the high earners that don't hold any meaningful transfer value - Tek, Pogba, Bonucci, Sandro, Cuads, Arthur. Goodbye to di Maria, Paredes, Rabiot. We won't have funds to replace them with Juventus level players, but I'd rather keep all our true assets and supplement them with youngsters and cheap veterans than continue to sustain that ridiculous wage bill. At least this positions us for a true rebuild, we'll likely be a bit shit for a season or two, but we'll be in a position to use our financial advantage over rest of Serie A and do better. We've been a prisoner of our wage bill for far too long now and our half assed approach of not renewing some guys and then signing other failures on just as ridiculous salaries is going nowhere.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
You know I'm all for selling him, but if that dumb bitch wants him gone I might change my mind.
dunno the chick, i don't even know whether that's a chick or a dude, it's just that it's a bit surprising that vlahovic - despite his injuries and despite our defensive, passive setup - still matches his overall fiorentina numbers. he probably had a much better last half year with viola than these averages suggest though

anyway, it doesn't really matter what we think. he's one of our very few players with actual market value and with a way too high salary for serie a, no european competition. it's bound to happen.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Those numbers are really good for someone who barely gets any service and plays in a team that parks the bus against the relegation clubs.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
It's like you didn't even read the tweet :lol:
I watched him at Fiorentina and with us. With Fiorentina he played in a 4-3-3 and they generally tried to batter mid and low positioned teams. They played counter against the better clubs. We play shit football every match and defend deep if we get a one goal lead.

He came to Juventus because he assumed that the likes of Chiesa would be setting him up with chance after chance but gingivitis man has us defend all game.

This silly cow forgets how good Coman became at Bayern by simply playing him in an attacking system. Talking about Luka Jovic when that guy is Balotelli all over. Donkey.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Lol imagine quoting tweets from a bonafide parody account

Anyway, truth lies in the middle. It's a lie to think he hasn't been affected by Allegro tactics and at the same time, you can't live in denial about his Morata-esque performances throughout the season.

Having said that, guy lacks any sort of rhythm or confidence as the season progressed. He's your stereotypical box striker and if you set him up expecting him to be a Zlatan or Drogba playing with his back to goal and setting up his teammates, you're expected to be disappointed.

Whether a new coach can come in and use him to his strengths remains to be seen(probably unlikely given that he'll be sold) but there's no point bringing up his Fiorentina stats to justify Allegro football.

He was a star at Fiorentina. He has failed to live up to his expectations in his 1.5 years at Juve. If it were up to me, I would say he 100% deserves a chance under a new coach before we inevitably sell him down the line.

Last edited:

petszata

Jul 7, 2020
I watched him at Fiorentina and with us. With Fiorentina he played in a 4-3-3 and they generally tried to batter mid and low positioned teams. They played counter against the better clubs. We play shit football every match and defend deep if we get a one goal lead.

He came to Juventus because he assumed that the likes of Chiesa would be setting him up with chance after chance but gingivitis man has us defend all game.

This silly cow forgets how good Coman became at Bayern by simply playing him in an attacking system. Talking about Luka Jovic when that guy is Balotelli all over. Donkey.
Coman is a joke. He went in Bayern as a benchplayer and still is a bencwarmer. He scored one lucky goal at the final against an overrated petrol team and now he is a superstar.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
those fucking tactics, incredible how his numbers have plummeted since fiorentina.

italiano :tuttosport:

oh wait

Dafuq? Those fiorentina stats are way off missed off at least a dozen goals conveniently to make him look bad, stupid girl and her fake news

- - - Updated - - -

According to the holy grail of football websites, Vlahovic scored 49 goals in 7070 minutes at Fiorentina.
I was gonna say he scored 40+ goals and that was without me checking, no way was it in its 30s as suggested

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
@petszata Coman is no joke, he's a very good player that we lost for nothing.

@Xperd Vlahovic can play with his back to goal but not if he doesn't have runners near him and not if he's in the centre circle. He's very good with Serbia. He'd be a monster at a club like Arsenal alongside two pacy wingers and supported by a playmaker. For Fiorentina he received lots of through balls that he scored, but we don't do that here. We don't cross either.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
@s4tch you need to deep dive into the specifics of such statistics. How many crosses connected with our players? How many players do we have in the box to receive the cross? How accurate were the crosses? Do we have players available for the knock on? How many defenders are there to block?

If you think of how slowly we play, I see the opposition always having loads of players defending these crosses and Vlahovic not having anyone close to him.

If Bayern want him, that means he's good so that's enough reason to keep him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)