Dušan Vlahović (80 Viewers)

How many goals this season? All competitions.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I don't buy that he will suddenly become a great striker when we change the coach and there is a lot of money on the table. People need to be remainded that he has looked like a total shit for a majority of this season. Someone who is not able to keep a ball at his feet and has touch of an elephant. I mean, I would argue Milik had much better season than Dusan. There is a risk he will continue that and we will loose shit ton of money, if there is a demand I'm not sure if we should keep him.

- - - Updated - - -

And please don't grind De Ligt argument, because de Ligt was always starter here, even though he did some mistakes he was valuable player, just not worth investing so much in such defender. Dusan first lost his starting spot to Milik and in the end of the season even to fucking Kean, because they were simply better. We can argue all we want but I don't really see Dusan working for a team which plays attractive football. At Bayern he might do well, but he won't be next Lewandowski, as Lewy is miles ahead of him when it comes to playing with his back to the goal and keeping the ball

Last edited:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I don't buy that he will suddenly become a great striker when we change the coach and there is a lot of money on the table. People need to be remainded that he has looked like a total shit for a majority of this season. Someone who is not able to keep a ball at his feet and has touch of an elephant. I mean, I would argue Milik had much better season than Dusan. There is a risk he will continue that and we will loose shit ton of money, if there is a demand I'm not sure if we should keep him.
I dont disagree, the coach can't be blamed 100 percent, however, we can blame allegri for asking the players to implement absolute filth in terms of tactics which impacts their form, confidence and overall morale. It is clear allegri hasn't been able to get the best out of most players, and the forwards have suffered most.

I'm not implying vlahovic is world class, but clearly he is levels above where he is this season. You don't turn to shit overnight for now reason.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I dont disagree, the coach can't be blamed 100 percent, however, we can blame allegri for asking the players to implement absolute filth in terms of tactics which impacts their form, confidence and overall morale. It is clear allegri hasn't been able to get the best out of most players, and the forwards have suffered most.

I'm not implying vlahovic is world class, but clearly he is levels above where he is this season. You don't turn to shit overnight for now reason.
I would agree with this if Vlahovic hadcfew seasons of great performances in his career but that's really not the case. He has had 1.5 good season, so u can always say he just had a good period, who knows. I mean I like the guy but if there is an offer which gives us what we paid, then I would be tempted to sell.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
It's simple

Player is playing well

Player then spends 6 months feeding off of scraps, playing way too deep & chasing after lost cause long balls & shit service

Player eventually becomes worn down, lacks confidence & gets frustrated

Player is now playing like shit due to the above, starts regressing & making mistakes they usually wouldn't

Give him the service he had at FIORENTINA, never mind the service you'd expect the "best" team in Italy should provide and you'll see a completely different Player again.

He goes to Bayern he'll bang them in, because at their absolute worst they at least spend most of the game pinning the lesser teams back & creating genuine chances.

We must have the least threatening, least creative midfield in the top 5 leagues. I think I've seen 2 successful through balls in the last 2 years here lol. Not to mention no serious club would field the semi professional full backs we seem to love.

Our play is slow motion bulldhit. We simultaneously spend the game in our own 3rd & have zero ability to counter attack.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
It's simple

Player is playing well

Player then spends 6 months feeding off of scraps, playing way too deep & chasing after lost cause long balls & shit service

Player eventually becomes worn down, lacks confidence & gets frustrated

Player is now playing like shit due to the above, starts regressing & making mistakes they usually wouldn't

Give him the service he had at FIORENTINA, never mind the service you'd expect the "best" team in Italy should provide and you'll see a completely different Player again.

He goes to Bayern he'll bang them in, because at their absolute worst they at least spend most of the game pinning the lesser teams back & creating genuine chances.

We must have the least threatening, least creative midfield in the top 5 leagues. I think I've seen 2 successful through balls in the last 2 years here lol. Not to mention no serious club would field the semi professional full backs we seem to love.

Our play is slow motion bulldhit. We simultaneously spend the game in our own 3rd & have zero ability to counter attack.
Or maybe he just outperformed at Viola?
"Dušan Vlahović had the largest difference between goals scored (33) and Expected Goals (22.7) of any player in Europe's big five leagues in 2021."

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Also the stats say that he had respectively 0.56 and 0.59 xgoals at Viola, while 0.50 so far at Juve, it's really not such a big difference. But thats just stats of course

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe if we could spend 5 games in a row playing football befitting a top team in the 21st century we could know for certain

But I'm not writing off a player in the mould of Vlahovic because we have a pathetic "style"
I don't think anyone is writing him off, but maybe it's safer to sell when there is still demand. One more season with a performance similar to this and no one pays him this salary, not to even mention the fee

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
To replace him with who though?

Vlahovic before we got our hands on him was considered to be amongst the very best upcoming strikers in the game.

Even if he doesn't live up to that, he msy well still be up there considering there's a huge lack of actual #9s in the game now. Everybody wants to be a #10 / #11.

So we sell Vlahovic, now we're hunting for another striker. Except we're in a league that's falling Miles behind the PL, our budget isn't exactly great AND we might not have CL football for a couple of years, certainly not next season

This is how you end up with a Matri or a Vucinic as your beat forward. Only this time we don't have arguably the best defence in Europe and at worst a top 4 midfield.

Now we have a journeyman striker spending 70 minutes with his back to goal.

There's not many strikers to pick from and we're not even a top 10 destination anymore. So we'll overpay for another Vlahovic who might tell us to fuck off or we'll be raiding Fiorentina again.

Jun 16, 2020

- - - Updated - - -

And please don't grind De Ligt argument, because de Ligt was always starter here, even though he did some mistakes he was valuable player, just not worth investing so much in such defender. Dusan first lost his starting spot to Milik and in the end of the season even to fucking Kean, because they were simply better. We can argue all we want but I don't really see Dusan working for a team which plays attractive football. At Bayern he might do well, but he won't be next Lewandowski, as Lewy is miles ahead of him when it comes to playing with his back to the goal and keeping the ball
We’ll miss out on CL and he’s the easiest sacrifice for the most money

Apr 12, 2004

- - - Updated - - -

It's all tactics, dudemanbroguy.

We stack our team with inverted wingers who are creative, fervent dribblers. Coman, Sane, Moose, Davies, Maz, Gnabry, all of these players could start at a winger position. All we need is a god damn Greek column to bouce the fucking balls off of. Hell, Chupo had like 20 goals this year and he, himself, is a converted winger.

Dusan presents an option to get everything we currently need and can keep, for the next decade.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and PS, we don't miss on scouting very often, just saying.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008

- - - Updated - - -

Losing starting spot to Milik ?
And how many goals Milik scored for us in year 2023? Just 2 goals

Vlahovic scored 5 goals in 2023. There is no contuinity in Allegri. Keep rotating players and play defensive football. It would difficult for any strikers.

I try to compare him with Darwin Nunez, the ST Liverpool bought last season. Liverpool ppayed attacking football with gegenpressing Klopp, but he only scored 9 goals this season. Vlahovic scored 10 goals. It's tough season for Vlahovic but it doesnt mean he is not a good ST and we should sell on Bayern's offer. Vlahovic is a very good professional and he will always improve

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's all tactics, dudemanbroguy.

We stack our team with inverted wingers who are creative, fervent dribblers. Coman, Sane, Moose, Davies, Maz, Gnabry, all of these players could start at a winger position. All we need is a god damn Greek column to bouce the fucking balls off of. Hell, Chupo had like 20 goals this year and he, himself, is a converted winger.

Dusan presents an option to get everything we currently need and can keep, for the next decade.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and PS, we don't miss on scouting very often, just saying.
Upamenaco says hello. So does Cancelo. And Sadio Mane. Bayern missed an awful lot just recently.

But sure, keep pretending anyone could do what Lewandowski did for ya. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

To replace him with who though?

Vlahovic before we got our hands on him was considered to be amongst the very best upcoming strikers in the game.

Even if he doesn't live up to that, he msy well still be up there considering there's a huge lack of actual #9s in the game now. Everybody wants to be a #10 / #11.

So we sell Vlahovic, now we're hunting for another striker. Except we're in a league that's falling Miles behind the PL, our budget isn't exactly great AND we might not have CL football for a couple of years, certainly not next season

This is how you end up with a Matri or a Vucinic as your beat forward. Only this time we don't have arguably the best defence in Europe and at worst a top 4 midfield.

Now we have a journeyman striker spending 70 minutes with his back to goal.

There's not many strikers to pick from and we're not even a top 10 destination anymore. So we'll overpay for another Vlahovic who might tell us to fuck off or we'll be raiding Fiorentina again.
:agree:

Get a proper coach here before we sell anyone 25 and under. We can sell the oldies, fine. But none of our young players should be shipped off until we see how they do under a decent coach.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I just can't fathom keeping players like Sandro, Cuadrado & friends who I believe you could upgrade easily with younger players on lower wages AND selling one of the most valuable assets in the team who could be good for a decade. That's mid table business. Unacceptable.

Then you factor in just how undesirable we are right now as a club there's no way in hell his replacement will be an established top player.

I'd rather not end up watching Sandro try and cross to Weghorst all season whilst Vlahovic scores 30 goals for Bayern.

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
Upamenaco says hello. So does Cancelo. And Sadio Mane. Bayern missed an awful lot just recently.

But sure, keep pretending anyone could do what Lewandowski did for ya. Lol
Wait, you consider Upamecano a "miss?" The dude is a starting CB for one of the top clubs in the world and on the French national team. He had a meltdown vs City, but in general, he's a pretty good player. He's certainly a better player than Bremer, or anyone with Juve.

Cancelo also looked good for Bayern. Not sure why them taking him on a free half season loan for depth would be considered a "miss." He was good enough that like 90% of their fans want to find a way to make his move permanent.

If those are example of "misses," then yeah, their scouting is pretty solid.

Mane is absolutely a miss and bad signing.... Although I think Nagelsmann wanting to play "positionless attacking football" without a focal point/9 played a big part in that. When playing outside on the left in the 4-2-3-1, he was actually decent. But Mane is absolutely a signing they wish they could take back.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Wait, you consider Upamecano a "miss?" The dude is a starting CB for one of the top clubs in the world and on the French national team. He had a meltdown vs City, but in general, he's a pretty good player. He's certainly a better player than Bremer, or anyone with Juve.

Cancelo also looked good for Bayern. Not sure why them taking him on a free half season loan for depth would be considered a "miss." He was good enough that like 90% of their fans want to find a way to make his move permanent.

If those are example of "misses," then yeah, their scouting is pretty solid.

Mane is absolutely a miss and bad signing.... Although I think Nagelsmann wanting to play "positionless attacking football" without a focal point/9 played a big part in that. When playing outside on the left in the 4-2-3-1, he was actually decent. But Mane is absolutely a signing they wish they could take back.
You think Upamenaco has been good this year? Against anyone? He has howlers almost every match. :lol:

And Cancelo looked good at Bayern? That’s like saying Alex Sandro looks good here at Juve. Lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)