Douglas Costa (46 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Speak to my man Fabio P he'll make it happen

- - - Updated - - -

Do they have any talented players?
Matheus Henrique is probably their only prospect but still very early days, but I don't think he has a EU passport. Pepe a left winger just signed for Porto for next season was the only other one of note, and I guess his sale ties in with their interest to sign Costa.

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Expect a drastic cut in the 10m value to sell to Gremio for some random kid that has a clause where they get 50% of any future sale.
I think the Felipe Melo special is a more likely scenario here:

a noble Turkish club will loan him with the option to buy for 13m and at the seasons end will not take that option
next season they'll loan him with the option to buy for 6.5m and at the seasons end will not take that option
and in the end they will sign him for 3m

during the process of course they'll also claim he's one of their most important players and is well on course to become a club legend :D

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
€10M for him is nothing, we should without a doubt be able to find another club for that fee.
he earns 6m though and has an other year left at juve, so it wouldn't be that easy to sell him. an other potential minusvalenza the higuain, matuidi way.

that's why you don't overpay your players. and costa is not the only one obviously. we couldn't sell berna, rugani, khedira and mds last summer, pjanic was only gone cause we accepted a heavy financial burden with arthur's 72m fee, and we'd have difficulties offloading sandro, tek, ramsey, rabiot, bonucci and danilo too. with costa, that's at least 14 overpaid players. the state of juventus, once the best managed club in europe.

in case someone had second thoughts on the necessity of getting a competent director, he should just have a look at our wage bill. it's like listening to whigfield: you recognise that it's real, but still can't believe what you're experiencing.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
he earns 6m though and has an other year left at juve, so it wouldn't be that easy to sell him. an other potential minusvalenza the higuain, matuidi way.

that's why you don't overpay your players. and costa is not the only one obviously. we couldn't sell berna, rugani, khedira and mds last summer, pjanic was only gone cause we accepted a heavy financial burden with arthur's 72m fee, and we'd have difficulties offloading sandro, tek, ramsey, rabiot, bonucci and danilo too. with costa, that's at least 14 overpaid players. the state of juventus, once the best managed club in europe.

in case someone had second thoughts on the necessity of getting a competent director, he should just have a look at our wage bill. it's like listening to whigfield: you recognise that it's real, but still can't believe what you're experiencing.
England should be able to handle it, hopefully.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I think the Felipe Melo special is a more likely scenario here:

a noble Turkish club will loan him with the option to buy for 13m and at the seasons end will not take that option
next season they'll loan him with the option to buy for 6.5m and at the seasons end will not take that option
and in the end they will sign him for 3m

during the process of course they'll also claim he's one of their most important players and is well on course to become a club legend :D
We are embarassing, punching-bag nice guys.

No will power, no clout, no decisiveness.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Don't you know that he's the best player in the world when in form? Now focus on getting him in form and give us money!!!
Being honest here (even though I don't want in this particular case), in the first half of 2015-16, he looked world class and scored some bangers for us and had a lot of assists too. I still remember his debut against HSV and a game against Wolfsburg as well.

As we entered 2016 he started to drop in form, and from 2016-17 he was average mostly at best. Can't forget I thought he'd be Ballon d'Or material after his first 4 months in Bayern, how wrong I was lol.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Being honest here (even though I don't want in this particular case), in the first half of 2015-16, he looked world class and scored some bangers for us and had a lot of assists too. I still remember his debut against HSV and a game against Wolfsburg as well.

As we entered 2016 he started to drop in form, and from 2016-17 he was average mostly at best. Can't forget I thought he'd be Ballon d'Or material after his first 4 months in Bayern, how wrong I was lol.
Tbh, maybe he could have become one of the best at his position. He obviously has the talent but he needed to stay fit and put in those performances way more regularly. Its hard to do so when you get hurt each time your form is on the rise though

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Is he doing we able to fit then he definitely had potential to be the best in the world. His speed and ball control was insane when in form and in full flight he was almost unstoppable.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Tbh, maybe he could have become one of the best at his position. He obviously has the talent but he needed to stay fit and put in those performances way more regularly. Its hard to do so when you get hurt each time your form is on the rise though
It's hard to say.

My problem with Costa is he seems to lack the brain. He got the flair, speed and everything, but he's not good enough to take the right decisions, his shots are nothing to write home about and his vision is average as well. What makes him look good is his burst of pace and sprint speed with the occasional good dribbling.

Apart from that does he hit me as someone being quite complacent, at least that was the case in Bayern. It's like he finally got this move to a huge club and then he felt he didn't have to give a shit anymore.

I mean he couldn't even bench two washed up oldies in Robbery, a 34 year old Robben shat on him. :lol: Not that there's anything wrong to be inferior to Robben as he was one of the GOAT wingers and a one man army, but this was Robben way past his prime and still he was clear of Costa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)