Douglas Costa (81 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I think we need to sell him for like ~€9M to avoid making a loss.

So another loan it is maybe to some Brazilian team with us paying 100% of his wages :fab2:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
He's been linked to Leeds, Bielsa is a fan they say.

We need to sell him for 11m afaik, should be possible for an EPL team to pay that. Wages are always a problem though.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Are you aware that he played 40 minutes this season?

Not only he should be butchered, but sold.
I wasn’t - I’m guessing that’s also down to Bayern having better options than him not being fit.

I believe we always questioned the fact that he was always injured come crucial champions league games and it’s now been two years in a row we’ve walked into CL knock out games with a team out of shape and key players out injured or trying to return early. In that context Douglas now appears no different to the majority of our squad.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I wasn’t - I’m guessing that’s also down to Bayern having better options than him not being fit.

I believe we always questioned the fact that he was always injured come crucial champions league games and it’s now been two years in a row we’ve walked into CL knock out games with a team out of shape and key players out injured or trying to return early. In that context Douglas now appears no different to the majority of our squad.
Excited for his return
He'd add quite a lot to our team imo. But I'd try to sell him with the first chance because relying on him being available is quite frightening.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Not so long ago we were not even top 4th and we got thrown out of Europe by Porto. Can't be much worse than that.
I would hope so.

But if we are a team that Douglas Costa would add a lot to, then we're a lot worse of than I thought.
I could see a player like him adding a lot to a team like Cagliari or <insert random team>, but that's about it.

Wait, I actually don't even see that. Since in order for a player to add something to a team, he'd need be free from injuries for more than 3 weeks a season.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I would hope so.

But if we are a team that Douglas Costa would add a lot to, then we're a lot worse of than I thought.
I could see a player like him adding a lot to a team like Cagliari or <insert random team>, but that's about it.

Wait, I actually don't even see that. Since in order for a player to add something to a team, he'd need be free from injuries for more than 3 weeks a season.
Over the years he had 1000 minutes per season, bar this season where he completely vanished. Of course that's horrible and I would sell him surely.

However, when injury free, I do think he'd add.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)