Douglas Costa (31 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Did we have some sort of gentleman agreement he cant play against us in the CL? Also , with him gone , we are losing a potential attacking threat that comes from the bench.
Right now our attacking threat from the bench is Morata and Berna. Doesnt scare anyone does it.

Would have preferred if we kept him and send Berna the other way for Fede. But i guess , financial took the decision with saving 12 mil on Costa wage against 8 mil by Berna
Such agreement would be unprofessional from us.
As for replacement, lets not act like Costa scored more than those guys and Chiesa is also coming.
I agree that he is better than Berna, but his high salary and injuries are the problem

Buy on AliExpress.com

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Such agreement would be unprofessional from us.
As for replacement, lets not act like Costa scored more than those guys and Chiesa is also coming.
I agree that he is better than Berna, but his high salary and injuries are the problem
I don't think its any unprofessional seen it before with some other European clubs , its a matter of how the deal was made, but if that's the case so be it.

On the replacement , Chiesa is coming for the starting line up, but the bench seems to be light this season.
Costa(obviously when he is not injured) is very good to bring to change the game on the last 20 minutes. Its not just about stats if you watch the games.
He seems to be fine so far this season starting and i was hoping with the return pf Bertelli , he might improve his physical condition this season.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I don't think its any unprofessional seen it before with some other European clubs , its a matter of how the deal was made, but if that's the case so be it.

On the replacement , Chiesa is coming for the starting line up, but the bench seems to be light this season.
Costa(obviously when he is not injured) is very good to bring to change the game on the last 20 minutes. Its not just about stats if you watch the games.
He seems to be fine so far this season starting and i was hoping with the return pf Bertelli , he might improve his physical condition this season.
Well for me we have massively improved our bench options:
- got rid of players who were never available - MdS and Costa,
- getting back Chiello and Demiral, while only offloading Rugani (not counting Romero as part of the squad),
- in attack we have Dybala, Ronaldo, Kulu, Berna, Chiesa, Cuads, Morata and Ramsey (who I count as AM in Pirlos system) and this player will occupy 4 attacking positions (three in the attack and offensive minded wing back), thats imo more than enough. Looks like perfectly balanced team in every position, as we always have 2 players for each position.
Dont think we ever had such a depth, there was always one position which was lacking, right now i see none. Also like the idea of getting young bench players, rather than old guys from Italian teams.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Its just injuries really. If he had a full year injury free he could have made a real difference. My other criticism of him is his decision making - too often going for the spectacular rather than the simple and more useful play.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Its just injuries really. If he had a full year injury free he could have made a real difference. My other criticism of him is his decision making - too often going for the spectacular rather than the simple and more useful play.
he’s just got a low field IQ. I wouldn’t have cared if he stayed though, as long as he wasn’t preventing us from signing Chiesa. He has his uses unlike some, for example that leech that wears #6.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Flashy but lacks end product, pity because i really like him

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Then keep him. We're only doing Bayern a favour. If he gets injury free then we'll have a valuable addition imo.

This way it's a lose-lose for us in my books.
Lets call Costa the "IF" man from now on.

because thats a hella big "if" you are hoping there.

His years here are proof that he cant stay fit, so dreaming about the perfect fit costa is pure fantasy and not worth the gamble. he has already costed us a lot.

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
Low footballing IQ, that`s for sure. On top of that his qualities are of no use in this league. He can thrive in Germany or Spain, but not so much here. Plus he is injury prone so that`s not a great combination for a football player.
Hopefully next year we will offload him for good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)