Douglas Costa (17 Viewers)

Mar 10, 2009
Andre Gomes?

- - - Updated - - -

So signings like pjanic, higuain, costa, bernardeschi, pjaca werent brave?

We took Higuaín and Pjanic, from rivals we were clearly superior too. Wouldn't call Bernardeschi and Pjaca brave, and costa is the example hence the discussion in his thread. Real Madrid tend to sell some of their assets before they make their big moves. Hence their sale of Sneijder and Robben, when they bought Kaka and Ronaldo, and Ozil and Higuaín when they bought Bale.

If Real are after Kane, then they will probably make another clear out.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 23, 2013
The early bird gets the worm. We need to be braver in our signings; our reputation is growing in Europe, the big players will surely be interested. Real Madrid still have loads. Heck Napoli convinced Higuaín to join them from Real, we should be braver this summer.
Isco was going through the same situation as Higuain in Ancelottis last year. Perfect time to really make a push.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
We took Higuaín and Pjanic, from rivals we were clearly superior too. Wouldn't call Bernardeschi and Pjaca brave, and costa is the example hence the discussion in his thread. Real Madrid tend to sell some of their assets before they make their big moves. Hence their sale of Sneijder and Robben, when they bought Kaka and Ronaldo, and Ozil and Higuaín when they bought Bale.

If Real are after Kane, then they will probably make another clear out.
Kroos would be great. I would like another striker tho, someone fast who can be a danger on the counter. I don't think Real has anything like that. Asensio is great but he's not quite what I mean.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
The failure to even semi-adequately replace Alves is a disaster, as is the failure to bring in competition for that 3rd starting CM spot.

Mercato was mediocre, when it could have been quite fantastic with a better choice than De Sciglio and one more good CM added to Bernadeschi, Costa, Matuidi. Oh well. Nothing to do about it now.
Team was built for a 4231. Unfortunately, Matuidi wasn't as good in that narrow role in that formation, he's better in a 3-man. N'Zonzi was the better option. And they and Matic were pretty much the only options in the mercato last summer.

I thought Howedes was gonna be our starting RB, and MDS was doing well, but injuries.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Kroos would be great. I would like another striker tho, someone fast who can be a danger on the counter. I don't think Real has anything like that. Asensio is great but he's not quite what I mean.
They are never selling Asensio anyway. Probably their future captain at some point.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Yeah exactly, this is the sort of calibre. Though being British he will prefer the EPL. It really depends on how well we do in the CL this year; if we make it to the semis, then we have proved that we're amongst the best.
and then Beppe would buy Bale and SMS without any major sell

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
To think that I was laughed at back in September for suggesting that Costa is a better winger than Mandzukic. :lol:

It tells you something about how little some posters know about football when they don’t even understand why a player like Costa is more useful on the wing.

The Flash has been one of our best players this season. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)