Douglas Costa (24 Viewers)

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
So basically a left-sided Cuadrado. I don't mind that.

I don't like him so far tbh. He's got the dribbling and crossing but he loos so off. Bernardeschi looks much better, building understanding with Dybala and Panic already. I guess Costa needs time to adapt and I'm willing to wait. It sucks to see him and Higuain struggle so much though, they should be ready to offer more (wages-wise they are the stars of this club).
Well, this is a relevant point - his salary is not that of a system player.

Let's wait, maybe with confidence he will surprise us all. But honestly looks like the very same player he was since he started with Gremio. Athleticism off the charts, and poor development of weak points.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Hopefully by February he hits his stride. Then at least if Quads suffers another slump, we'll have someone else to take the baton and run.

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
I like him.

Hes decisions some times is terrible and he do make mistakes, but he is a great weapon and gives us an extra weapon going forward.

We just need to create more one on one situations for him. One on one he is imposible to deal with.

I admit he can be fustrating, but we have to remember that skillfull players often are fustrating - even Messi! In a typical Barca match he tends to loose the Ball like 35 times before bagging a brace. I know Costa Will never reach that level, just saying its the sacrifice we have to make if we want wingers with skills.

Imagine Pjaca (When fit) and Costa beeing subbed in at 65 min - not fun for s tired fullback to face theese two!

thirteen

Reversed Hierophant
Feb 8, 2015
I like him.

Hes decisions some times is terrible and he do make mistakes, but he is a great weapon and gives us an extra weapon going forward.

We just need to create more one on one situations for him. One on one he is imposible to deal with.

I admit he can be fustrating, but we have to remember that skillfull players often are fustrating - even Messi! In a typical Barca match he tends to loose the Ball like 35 times before bagging a brace. I know Costa Will never reach that level, just saying its the sacrifice we have to make if we want wingers with skills.

Imagine Pjaca (When fit) and Costa beeing subbed in at 65 min - not fun for s tired fullback to face theese two!
Nope, never happened. What sets Messi apart from others is his decision making. He knows when to pass and when to dribble forward.

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
Thats just not right.

Dont get me wrong, Messi is the best player in the World and Costa is no way near - but Messi tends to give the ball away a lot.

The difference is when he makes some good stuff it results in assist or goals, When Costa makes som good stuff it means him beating a man and earn a corner.

See the 1. Half against us. He gave the ball away like 10 times in a row, before he made his magic.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You gotta see Higuain hit some form first. Everything he touches turns to stone. IF Dybala and pjanic cant get him to score with their current form why would Costa be able to?

- - - Updated - - -

Insert daidevil or Igor comment now anytime now

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
You gotta see Higuain hit some form first. Everything he touches turns to stone. IF Dybala and pjanic cant get him to score with their current form why would Costa be able to?

- - - Updated - - -

Insert daidevil or Igor comment now anytime now
Oh i actually agree with you.

If quality players like Dybala or Pjanic can't get Higgy to score then we shouldn't expect a player like Costa to make it happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)