Douglas Costa (36 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
His workrate and directness is a pleasant surprise. I prefer him on the left over the right. I'd be curious to see how he'd do more centrally with the freedom to move out wide.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I was not someone in favour of this transfer, but I don't see how he can be judged so soon. We really haven't seen enough of him.

He seems to make some bad choices, and defensively he is poor. But twice today he picked up the ball and carried it forward. He also put in two very good low crosses.

His workrate and directness is a pleasant surprise. I prefer him on the left over the right. I'd be curious to see how he'd do more centrally with the freedom to move out wide.
Only issue with him on the left is that he stays so wide that it blocks off Alex Sandro. Mandzukic/Sandro on the left works well because Mario comes inside creating room for him.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
He's obviously talented and I think he's doing well for what's it's worth. But it'll take some time for him to fully adapt.

I do agree though him and Sandro are too often found occupying the same space, this is Allegri's job to fix that.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
@Juliano13 the thing i dont like when hes on the left is that hes limited with his right foot, so he only can go left and cross the ball. this also creates the problem that he occupies the space sandro usually attacks for us, so it kinda disrupts our offensive game. on the right he can cut inside, create space for the rb that way, and its too bad we dont have a great rb at the moment, pjanic would exploit this so well. he can also dribble the ball sideways because of his speed and quickness, and still set himself up to hisleft to cross it or play a backpass to pjanic or the rb. thats the impression i got from watching him at bayern and here the past few games, but lets see once he settles in where he fits in more

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Off the ball movement requires football intelligence, and it's not his fortè. So he is struggling to position himself while he gets used to the team, which is expected.

His decision making, vision and passing are also suspect.

But his aggressiveness is welcome to the team. After he gets used to the scheme, he can become a good system player and eventually an important player - but not a star, I guess. But he would need continuity for that.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
@Juliano13 the thing i dont like when hes on the left is that hes limited with his right foot, so he only can go left and cross the ball. this also creates the problem that he occupies the space sandro usually attacks for us, so it kinda disrupts our offensive game. on the right he can cut inside, create space for the rb that way, and its too bad we dont have a great rb at the moment, pjanic would exploit this so well. he can also dribble the ball sideways because of his speed and quickness, and still set himself up to hisleft to cross it or play a backpass to pjanic or the rb. thats the impression i got from watching him at bayern and here the past few games, but lets see once he settles in where he fits in more
That's exactly why I think it would make us very predictable if he's played on the right atm.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Off the ball movement requires football intelligence, and it's not his fortè. So he is struggling to position himself while he gets used to the team, which is expected.

His decision making, vision and passing are also suspect.

But his aggressiveness is welcome to the team. After he gets used to the scheme, he can become a good system player and eventually an important player - but not a star, I guess. But he would need continuity for that.
So basically a left-sided Cuadrado. I don't mind that.

I don't like him so far tbh. He's got the dribbling and crossing but he loos so off. Bernardeschi looks much better, building understanding with Dybala and Panic already. I guess Costa needs time to adapt and I'm willing to wait. It sucks to see him and Higuain struggle so much though, they should be ready to offer more (wages-wise they are the stars of this club).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)