Douglas Costa (48 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Didn't watch Bayern group stage matches but they were shiet in them anyway. Costa was definitely good against Arsenal so what's your point exactly?

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
My point is he was poor in his outing last season and not even half as decent as his first season at Bayern.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
My point is he was poor in his outing last season and not even half as decent as his first season at Bayern.

True. He was below average last season, couldnt even bench a past it Ribery. His first half season in 2015-16 was pure class, and he looked like a future ballon d'Or winner in some games. Then suddenly he just dropped so much in level.

The thing with him as i mentioned many times is that he aint a clever player. He got great speed, can run/dribble past defenders here and there (often if they are bad/slow), but his descision making and vision is really really poor. He just hit the ball hard into the penalty area and hoping for someone to get a head/foot on it

He got obvious qualities in speed and sometimes dribblea as i already mentioned, but you guys will probably often curse him away when it gets to the descision making

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
True. He was below average last season, couldnt even bench a past it Ribery. His first half season in 2015-16 was pure class, and he looked like a future ballon d'Or winner in some games. Then suddenly he just dropped so much in level.

The thing with him as i mentioned many times is that he aint a clever player. He got great speed, can run/dribble past defenders here and there (often if they are bad/slow), but his descision making and vision is really really poor. He just hit the ball hard into the penalty area and hoping for someone to get a head/foot on it

He got obvious qualities in speed and sometimes dribblea as i already mentioned, but you guys will probably often curse him away when it gets to the descision making
So were just replacing cuadrado with a richer mans cuadrado?

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

:tup: what I'm curious about is why he dropped after a great first half of a season under pep. Was it tactical, attitude or simply opposition figured him out?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
So were just replacing cuadrado with a richer mans cuadrado?
You could say so yes, but maybe he will be great in Juventus. My guess though is still that he might have a great start like here then drop big in form

He is not consistent. Most players are not consistent, but some of the things he showed here when he was worst it was pure trash

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
:tup: what I'm curious about is why he dropped after a great first half of a season under pep. Was it tactical, attitude or simply opposition figured him out?

Injuries also played a little role, as that might be the reason he lost his spot. Still i wouldnt say its the bigger reason, he simply often had a bad attitude and complained he wanted more playing time, but couldnt bench a 34 year old Ribery.

Ribery is an old motherfucker and he doesent even got half the speed Costa does today, but his descision making/vision is 10x times better really

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Injuries also played a little role, as that might be the reason he lost his spot. Still i wouldnt say its the bigger reason, he simply often had a bad attitude and complained he wanted more playing time, but couldnt bench a 34 year old Ribery.

Ribery is an old $#@! and he doesent even got half the speed Costa does today, but his descision making/vision is 10x times better really
Which makes me think Costa would suit EPL. That said salah had a good season. We would have to change the way we play significantly to get the best out of him.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Which makes me think Costa would suit EPL. That said salah had a good season. We would have to change the way we play significantly to get the best out of him.

Yeah. A braindead runner is a perfect fit for PL

Lets see how he (Costa) will do

- - - Updated - - -

I just wish scarface still were in his prime :depressed

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
You could say so yes, but maybe he will be great in Juventus. My guess though is still that he might have a great start like here then drop big in form

He is not consistent. Most players are not consistent, but some of the things he showed here when he was worst it was pure trash
Thank goodness we have players more than capable of replacing him when he's out of form.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012

So your point is really what other people have been saying here. What if those people also just copied what they heard? If Costa has been dope through his whole Bayern stay he wouldn't be here just to begin with. We needed a player like him, we were too predictable. I think it's enough to say that our first choice "wingers" were Mandzukic and reverted rb Dani Alves. We're not reliant on Costa and his unpredictability can bring us a lot of points next season. We got him almost for free so what all this fuss is about? There is also a fair chance he's gonna replicate his best days from Bayern. I just don't understand writing him off so early.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

So we basically got a left side cuadrado?

Whats up with allegri

- - - Updated - - -

Thank goodness we have players more than capable of replacing him when he's out of form.
Whats the point in buying a 40 million dude, just to be thinking how to replace him because his form is almost always shid?

Itay

Aug 10, 2009
Before we go Judge Dredd on his ass how about we let the guy play first? :baus: Makes sense?
You're right... I personally think it's a bad signing, but tbh this whole summer is very underwhelming. I was expecting 1-2 big signings, instead we got unproven players. so I think people are just angry with Marotta, nothing against Costa per se.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeh i got carried awau because he seemed to be pretty average on the minutes he has played so far.

The season is long, he will have plenty of chances.

Im just nervous that he was very expensive and im getting bad vibes from him. The last time this happened to me was with isla, and people were showing the pitchforks against the naysayers. We all know how it ended.

But i hope im very wrong. Its too soon to tell for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)