Douglas Costa (43 Viewers)

Juve FC

Jul 11, 2016
He played great for Shaktar? Well, i may have high standards, but how is playing good in the Ukraine league a benchmark for worldclass players?

At bayern he had a stand out season under all out attack pep, and then he flopped under Ancelotti.

He isn't a top player that played worldclass football the past 6 seasons who just had a bad year, he's a player that has yet to prove to be more than a one hit wonder at top flight football.
In 45 UCL games (including most of them played with Shakhtar) he had something like 10 goals and 13 assists. If he put up those numbers with us this season in 45 games we would be talking about how Barca is coming for him next.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Costa will make it difficult for a single defender to stay with him. I expect plenty of assists mixed in with his share of goals raising the team's offensive prowess too the next level. The so called backline worries shouldn't matter when it comes to Juve winning #7.

Like numbers and always looking at players stats in sports especially in those sports that I haven't seen enough through the eye test. Here's a video ranking the top 20 speed guys from Euro's 5 leagues last season. Costa comes in at 18 and Cuads 11. Only a few Serie guys and nice to see Salah now not among them.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
That may be true, but adding speed to our attacking group was such a smart thing to do.

He's going to open up a lot of space for other players up top. Really think Costa is underrated around these parts.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
My limited impressions of Costa is that he has raw speed and good feet as well as a great left footed cross and shot. I am not too sure about his footballing brain though - I get the feeling he may frequently choose the wrong option. Bernardeschi on the other hand is skill wise, less of a player compared to Costa, but he is a smart player who reads the game better.

I am quite excited to see both of them in action

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
My limited impressions of Costa is that he has raw speed and good feet as well as a great left footed cross and shot. I am not too sure about his footballing brain though - I get the feeling he may frequently choose the wrong option. Bernardeschi on the other hand is skill wise, less of a player compared to Costa, but he is a smart player who reads the game better.

I am quite excited to see both of them in action
I assume thats why Costa sprinted down a long ball, did a worldclass controll, drove forward with the ball, and at the exactly correct time, gave the inch perfect pass to bernadeschi

Who than proceeded to wait untill he had decided what gender he was today, which gave the defender loads of time to block the completely predictable shot by now

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I assume thats why Costa sprinted down a long ball, did a worldclass controll, drove forward with the ball, and at the exactly correct time, gave the inch perfect pass to bernadeschi

Who than proceeded to wait untill he had decided what gender he was today, which gave the defender loads of time to block the completely predictable shot by now
Hahaha! Well it was a pre-season friendly.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Hahaha! Well it was a pre-season friendly.
I know but what i noticed is that Costa was completely doing it all on instinct. This guy is gonna be so lethal from the right, especially when he has space.

I can see him struggle a bit more in Serie a, when we face a bunker, but he'll be ridiculous in europe.

Berna could be the opposite for now, but i did like how he can keep a ball with twists and turns while defenders assault him. And it was Roma, not some peasant team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)