Douglas Costa (57 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
But what was the bet?
The bet was that he was to reach his Bayern first season performance levels. He hasn't scored as much but the sheer quality to our attacking plays makes him, to me at least, to be at that same level of importance.

And to be fair, not only Pep's fast attacking system fit him better but the way they always won by 4 + goals just gave him a better chance to flourish. But can't complain, he's adapted well here.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Coman has actually developed a lot under Jupp, showing signs he is not that headless chicken I also thought he was a year or two ago. He has taking massive steps in the right direction.

When you say it was a borderline criminal offence to let Costa go you make it sound like Costa is the only winger out there, and Bayern is a small club who cant attract any players :p Honestly I dont see it as a mistake. Might it turn into one with time? I cant put that away totally, but for now I dont see it as a mistake at all.

Another reason Bayern decided to skip him (according to media) was his greedy behavior wanting a lot more in salary and the club didnt see him worth getting a pay rise.

- - - Updated - - -

Well reaching 3 straight SF´s under Pep is not exactly what I would call bad - but - if you look at the bigger picture I offcourse agree we dissapointed.

But thats because there are so massive expectations to Bayern Munich as a club, and it certainly was even more while Pep was here. This year we have gone more under the radar which is nice for an exchange.

About all the Costa talk, Im happy for you guys if he is doing well in Juventus but he wasnt the solution here.
He's been one of our best players for months now. His end product isn't perfect as you well now, but he's turned into a brilliant all-around winger under Allegri, and his ability to excel on both sides of the pitch is a godsend.

Perhaps the coaches you had just couldn't get the best out of him. Maybe Jupp would have done a lot more with him. Who knows. But he's definitely performing like a player worth well over 50mil right now.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
You're making it sound like Camo was Messi

They're certainly comparable in terms of technique. You could say he had a higher workrate i guess.
Camoranesi's technique on the ball was something for me, amazing touches, crosses, passes and good vision to complement this

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
His second season at bayern very similar to what we're seeing with Alex Sandro this year. Whether AS agree on a contract or we not find him as instrumental to meet his demands, I fully expect him to regain his his form come next season.

DC had more of a case considering robberys injury record to be fair.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I love Costa but he couldn't dream of having the technique of Camo
That's just nostalgia tricking your mind. Camo was inconsistent. DC on the same level but very consistent.

No point pointing Bayern fans to DC performances. Both Bayern and Juve are excellent, well-run clubs, but we get more out of players. Don't DC would've played like this if he remained at Bayern.

Apr 19, 2007
I think we have a bif tactical decision to make regarding Dybala this summer.
1. Do we keep him if we get a big offer
2. Costa is obviously better when playing higher up the field as a winger and not a rm. Is it worth Dybala to have him sit back deeper to cover more.
3.If we want both on the field how do we manage to get proper cover for the front 4 without asking Costa to come back so much like in the first Madrid game?

Not saying we should sell Dybala but I do think our Mercato will be based around how to get the most out of our attacking options. Do we buy a vidal type player next to Pjanic? Matuidi is good but only in a 3 man mid. Khedira cant play that role. Can? Would he have a big enough motor? Pr do we look to have a 3 man attack with Dybala Costa and Higgy?

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Dybala in 433 lacks balance and fluidity.

4231 or sell Dybala if replacements like Isco and Griezmann are available and willing.

That's what the brain thinks. The heart wants him to stay.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Maybe because Dybala was playing out of position again, you tool
bru
O? He was playing just off mandzukic slightly on the right. Seems like his prefered position.

- - - Updated - - -

Camo and costa hard to compare. Camo was more of a playmaker on the right, crucial to making the team tick. Costa is more threatening.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Beast mode!

Phenomenal footballer. Has been absolutely brilliant for us all 2018, great signing. His speed, explosiveness, trickery, crossing ability is just off the charts. lol at people saying Bayern ripped us off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)