Douglas Costa (51 Viewers)

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
What a game changer he was!!!! I even recalled an American Cup game where Messi were in the bench, people were obviously shouting his name, he went into the field and destroy the rival in 10 minutes.... I know I'm pushing it a bit but last night it felt that way with DC, in 2 minutes he changed everything

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 20, 2012
What a game changer he was!!!! I even recalled an American Cup game where Messi were in the bench, people were obviously shouting his name, he went into the field and destroy the rival in 10 minutes.... I know I'm pushing it a bit but last night it felt that way with DC, in 2 minutes he changed everything
Are you talking about the game in Nj? Cause if you are , I saw it live and totally agree

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Just imagine if we had a normal referee in the madrid game, and at the start of extra time, one of Higuain/Manhero came off for quads baby

Costa - Cuadrado running at tired madrid fullbacks with some guy in the center to cross to

FUCKING WOULD HAVE MADE THAT 0-6

Negan

Apr 11, 2018
What a signing this guy has been, everytime he gets on the ball it looks like something is going to happen. I really think 4-3-3 has to be the way forward for this team and if that means selling Higuain then so be it. We need to keep getting the best ouf of Costa and Dybala, Dybala should be able to adapt to a centre forward position and lead the line he is a very talented player and great finisher so I don't see why it can not work for him

Mar 3, 2014
So what? Play 5 games with Cuadrado-Dybala-Costa behind him and we will put your statement to the test.
Worth noting that Cuadrado doesn't have the pace he did 3-4 years ago. It's noticeable. He used to be able to blaze past players. Often now he will fake and make a short pass. He's an intelligent player though, his game isn't only based on speed. Not surprising though - Cuadrado is a few months away from 30, and one thing that is very evident is that players see their pace disappear very quickly between 27-30. Giovinco is another example - I have TFC season tickets so I see almost all the Toronto FC games. When he arrived, he was the best player in the league by far, and would make players look stupid constantly because he was fairly fast, and also very quick. Now he loses several footraces per match. He is still good because of his technical ability, but he is not long fast. Cuadrado still is fast, but materially slower than when he arrived.

- - - Updated - - -

What a signing this guy has been, everytime he gets on the ball it looks like something is going to happen. I really think 4-3-3 has to be the way forward for this team and if that means selling Higuain then so be it. We need to keep getting the best ouf of Costa and Dybala, Dybala should be able to adapt to a centre forward position and lead the line he is a very talented player and great finisher so I don't see why it can not work for him
Think you need a different coach for that...

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He has never been as prolific as Higuain in his entire career. 2 great games does not change that.
Maybe not in the league:

Higgy 27752 minutes, 230 goals, goal every 120 minutes
Mandzo 23886 minutes, 132 goals, goal every 181 minutes

If we reduce it to only games they played as a CF however, Mandzu has 77 goals in 12276 minutes, or a goal every 159 minutes. Higuains ratio also improves, not as significantly as Marios tho - he has 190 goals in 22411 minutes, or a goal every 118 minutes.

In the CL, Mario has the advantage: 20 goals in 3912 minutes vs Higgys 23 goals in 4869 minutes. Goal every 195 vs 211 minutes. Numbers are from tm.

To add, Mario has shown in Bayern and here as well that he can lead the line for a champion teams attack. He isnt as prolific as Higuain, but as his career has shown, he doesent have to be

- - - Updated - - -

Still remember how crazy good he was for us during his first half year, especially this game stands out.

Seems like Allegri gets the best out of him :tup:
Who was it that said he might have played better under Jupp, i agree. Jupp made Shaqiri look class, hed have made DC one of the best wingers around

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I think we have brought more to his game and he has improved with us in a similar way to Cuadrado.

Both joined and were a bit like headless chickens with great dribbling but poor passing and tactics.

Costa seems to have learnt this and now seems more disciplined, which is why I think he won't suffer from a second season like he did at Bayern.

Only issue is that he can sometimes be a bit slack with his short passing.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Who was it that said he might have played better under Jupp, i agree. Jupp made Shaqiri look class, hed have made DC one of the best wingers around
It was me :D

Aside from Lewandowski, most of Bayern's attackers looked quite poor under Ancelotti last year. People overreacted to him having a bad year in a team that underperformed (as far as their standards go), and never seemed to mesh well with Ancelotti's tactics.

It's night and day between this year and last for Costa. And this year he is even more impressive than under Guardiola because he's developed into an all-around player, showing responsibility and hard work tracking back and defending that he never was required to do under Poop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)