Don't bother looking in here... (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
First of all, thanks for the nice words. :pint:
I didn't say that neither Dainelli nor Criscito are better than Barzagli or Metzelder. But the point here is that we already lost the latter to Real Madrid according to the daily rumours and, in my opinion, I think that Barzagli is a little bit overrated besides his transfer fee would be high.
What I want to say actually, is that we won't stick to a back line consisting of our current defenders replacing Legrottaglie and Tudor with Crisctio and Dainelli. As we need, at least, another world class defender to be burdened with the responsibility of leading our back four.
Anyways, I agree with your opinion that both Barzagli and Metzelder would be great to any prestigious club. But we have, unfortunately, to face our limited budget. That's why, I said that a free player like Dainelli would be a good addition, but of course not alone.
Cheers mate. :tup:
I agree with you, anyone has the right to express his viewpoints and to discuss it, that is the aim of forums. What is more, we are all here because we are Juventus lovers. :cool:
Which post did you mean exactly?
I see your point and i agree too, i think we share the same basic ideas on this.
The only real difference is,
although i would like to see 2 new CBs better than our current material (Barzagli+Dainelli would fit the bill)
i m not so confident that such a thing will happen, (though i really wish Secco will prove me wrong and teach me a lesson, how to trust him more next time:D )
Also, i m not so confident Criscito and Dainelli will accept the status Tudor+Legro have right now,
means being the permanent substitutions, esp Dainelli at this age and esp as long as he is able to choose not to join us, if he is not guaranteed a starter position
(why would he quit Fiorentina in the first place? he is a starter there and he has a chance to see some European action next year...being the defense's hero at the very least)

For now, i cant see us selling out: Tudor,Legrotaglie,Zebina,Gianni and Boumsong or Kovac in a single year, for many reasons and esp without any good excuse.
Selling Boumsong now would be the wrong idea financially and we cant afford to loose any more money, our priority is to build from the beginning, not making the small fine tunings to build the Juve we had and we all wish to see again.
Kovac and Boumsong can serve in a place among a new high class defender like Dainelli or above,
thats what DD believes and our managers will definitely wont make any unnecessary costs buying two new CBs of high value when there is the need just for one.
We have to survive first, build a whole squad with 11 players good enough for Serie A competition (that would mean Paro 3 years from now), then fix the new problems that might pop up (stars like Treze and Camo leaving),
get/replace some decent back ups (Bojinov,Zalayeta,Zebina,Piccolo and De Ceglie will be replaced for various reasons with other serie A material replacements that would cost more)
and then, if we still have the money,
then we can start upgrading our decent players to superior players...

I dont think we have that extra money, our managers repeat that our priority will be to stand up in serie A, start making some income and then slowly build a competitive team, making a few additions/replacements per year,
our current managers do not have the exp to risk a full reconstruction of the team face
and they prefer some small facelifts, thats what they keep repeating with their 5 years plan,
they are afraid and they cannot afford more,
investing that much from the start without any income provided by tittles and CL/Uefa cup income would bring the ultimate disaster upon us,
bankrupt...
We are in a very delicate situation, nothing can change that in a night
but ppl can keep hoping or dreaming...i wont stop them,
sometimes i envy them, but i cant...

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I see your point and i agree too, i think we share the same basic ideas on this.
The only real difference is,
although i would like to see 2 new CBs better than our current material (Barzagli+Dainelli would fit the bill)
i m not so confident that such a thing will happen, (though i really wish Secco will prove me wrong and teach me a lesson, how to trust him more next time:D )
Also, i m not so confident Criscito and Dainelli will accept the status Tudor+Legro have right now,
means being the permanent substitutions, esp Dainelli at this age and esp as long as he is able to choose not to join us, if he is not guaranteed a starter position
(why would he quit Fiorentina in the first place? he is a starter there and he has a chance to see some European action next year...being the defense's hero at the very least)
In fact, I see no point of difference between us regarding the centre backs, as you exactly said what I did say earlier; we need a world class defender plus Dainelli, Dainelli and Barzagli partnership would be great, in my opinion, and they're very realistic targets too.

And for Criscito to accept not being a regular starter, this isn't a big issue. As, he knows that he is still young to be guaranteed a place in the starting eleven. He can prove himself in the next couple of seasons, hence, he may be fielded regularly. Certainly, I'm not worried about that. Regarding Dainelli, who said that he'll warm the bench? I think that if he joins us he'll be like Milan's Bonera. Bonera is improving right now and he is playing regularly as well.

About Tudor and Legrottaglie, we should have sold both ages ago especially the latter. Even thought, I still love and respect Tudor, but that god dammit injury has ruined his career.

By the way, I hope that Secco would let you down. :p

For now, i cant see us selling out: Tudor,Legrotaglie,Zebina,Gianni and Boumsong or Kovac in a single year, for many reasons and esp without any good excuse.
Selling Boumsong now would be the wrong idea financially and we cant afford to loose any more money, our priority is to build from the beginning, not making the small fine tunings to build the Juve we had and we all wish to see again.
Kovac and Boumsong can serve in a place among a new high class defender like Dainelli or above,
thats what DD believes and our managers will definitely wont make any unnecessary costs buying two new CBs of high value when there is the need just for one.
You mentioned six players, I prefer keeping in just Kovac and Boumsong. My opinion about Boumsong hasn't changed since he joined us as I used to say that he might improve, he is quick and solid, but his performance during this season so far hasn't encouraged me to keep thinking of him as before. Even though, I may sway towards the idea of keeping him as backup for the next season, at least.

Therefore, I think that a defence line consisting of; Boumsong, Kovac, Criscito, Dainelli, a world class defender i.e. Cannavaro or maybe Barzagli, Chiellini, Balzaretti, Grygera and Salihamdizic would do the required mission perfectly. And, if you want to llok at it from the financial point of view, you'll perceive that Dainelli would cost us nothing and another good defender wouldn't cost us more than £10m. :cool2:

We have to survive first, build a whole squad with 11 players good enough for
Serie A competition (that would mean Paro 3 years from now), then fix the new problems that might pop up (stars like Treze and Camo leaving),
get/replace some decent back ups (Bojinov,Zalayeta,Zebina,Piccolo and De Ceglie will be replaced for various reasons with other serie A material replacements that would cost more)
and then, if we still have the money,
then we can start upgrading our decent players to superior players...
Exactly and we're already working on upgrading our squad for the next season.

However, there is another thing here. Trezeguet and Camoranesi have stated more that once that they want to leave and their performances since the ever start of the season have been the best evidence. Anyways, I think that selling them both wouldn't cause us any sort of trouble, since we already have Marchionni and Salihamdizic on the right flank. Moreover, the money we'll gain from selling Trezeguet and Camoranesi, if they decide to leave, plus pumping some cash from our budget would be perfect to land another striker and another winger.

I dont think we have that extra money, our managers repeat that our priority will be to stand up in serie A, start making some income and then slowly build a competitive team, making a few additions/replacements per year,
our current managers do not have the exp to risk a full reconstruction of the team face
and they prefer some small facelifts, thats what they keep repeating with their 5 years plan,
they are afraid and they cannot afford more,
investing that much from the start without any income provided by tittles and CL/Uefa cup income would bring the ultimate disaster upon us,
bankrupt...
We are in a very delicate situation, nothing can change that in a night
but ppl can keep hoping or dreaming...i wont stop them,
sometimes i envy them, but i cant...
Mate, I think that you're a little bit pessimistic and, of course, you've the right to be. But we can't judge our management until we see what is going to happen in the summer. We're living a very critical moment in our history and they comprehend that for sure.

Anyhow, I hope the board of directors will fix their feet in Delle Alpi by convincing the fans and the players that they deserve such a great honour; to serve La Vecchia Signora. :pint:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Free or not, i would have to say thanks but no thanks. Apart from Pascal, there is not a defender in Fiorentina that I would ever consider getting. It seems to me that everytime someone is free , guys in this forum think its a good deal. From Baiocco to Zebina thru to Kovac, our record on free transfers is not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)