Don't bother looking in here... (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Oh come on, we did "crazy summer sale", we are in a need of crazy spending now.

This situation is in no way similar with Moggi´s when he was around. This team needs some fresh quality blood, otherwise Cobolli should stop with the shit "we want to be competitive immediately".

I guess it will be a 5 year plan to be competitive after all. :confused:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #42

This situation is in no way similar with Moggi´s when he was around. This team needs some fresh quality blood, otherwise Cobolli should stop with the shit "we want to be competitive immediately".

It's better to be negative now and be surprised when they announce that we bought X.Alonso, Klose and Puyol right? :p

I don't trust the Cobolli gang(his daughter is an Inter fan, I guess him too) so we'll be probably fighting with Lazio, Palermo... for a CL spot in the coming years. :cry:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    It's better to be negative now and be surprised when they announce that we bought X.Alonso, Klose and Puyol right? :p

I don't trust the Cobolli gang(his daughter is an Inter fan, I guess him too) so we'll be probably fighting with Lazio, Palermo... for a CL spot in the coming years. :cry:
    Yes, I´m not expecting miracles either and I want to keep my feet on the ground.

Better now than later, right? Disappointment is a bitch.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    so zebina to milan inst official yet. and birindelli is just fine for back up. people were talking so much shit about pessotto when he wa playing, asking for his head ofter almost every game, but after he tried to kill himself, all of a sudden he became a legend and fan favourite. same with birindelli imo.
    Yeah that holds some truth. But many fans loved Pessotto before this summer, that's for sure. He's such a great servant to this club. :touched:

Jul 5, 2005

I agree that the team needs fresh blood but i also hear every year for 5 year plan and nothing changes.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    So, I think that signing Dainelli would be great. Simply, because:

1) I've watched him and I think that he'll be effective for us, since his age is optimum and he's proved himself in Serie A, that's why we're negotiating him. By the way, if you want to know more about him, just check the opening post. Thanks to Mark. ;)
    2) He is free.
    3) Our back line needs two defenders, at least, urgently.
    4) Most of the defenders, whom we're targeting, are considered unrealistic bargains like Cannavaro, Metzelder and Luisao.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    If we sign Dainelli we wont sign Barzagli, it seems that we are looking for cheap/free players only,
    so since we dont have what it takes to sign Metzelder,
    we ll have to please our selves with the leftovers (Dainelli+Criscito)

=> Kovac+Criscito Dainelli+Boumsong,
    we have realistic hopes to challenge an UEFA position...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    If we sign Dainelli we wont sign Barzagli, it seems that we are looking for cheap/free players only,

Sad but true. :cry:

Jul 2, 2006

who said?

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Our pocket for starters and their ambition (see Metzelder),
    our managers and DD said that they will build upon our current material on defense
    and they promised Criscito a nearly starter condition, (and spent a fortune to convince him)
    also DD said that he is pleased out of Kovac's and Boumsong's performance and said that the later has a lot of future in Juve:disagree:
    That would mean that at least one of Kovac,Boumsong or Criscito will be next years starter CB, this is 1000% sure, we have many weakness to afford more luxurious CBs and all those guys on the bench,
    besides there were never been no interest for Kovac and Boumsong from any other club, we are not interest to sell them and they know it,
    we will keep them and they will keep a starter's position occupied,
    i dont like the idea either but this is how is gonna be:smoke:

Since we are most probable are going to buy a new world class DM
    and Treze's maybe even Zala's and Camo's replacement,
    we need the money to buy more replacements were our team really suffers.
    Considering the fact that our financial situation has never been worse and we could never compete with the wealthiest FCs out there,
    we are looking for cheap solutions in the defense.
    An experienced defender who can lead our defense (like Dainelli) will not join as a back up status,squad player,
    we will not, spend the money we made out of Zlatan's sale, to buy an expensive future team's backbone player (like Barzagli) and keep him on the bench either.
    So there is one and only one more place for a starter CB
    and we have to choose who is going to have it,
    after my experience on Juve's transfer policy the last 10 years,
    i say we are going for a free transfer

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    @Cronios, on what basis did you build your opinion regarding both Dainelli and Criscito as being leftovers? The former is a regular defender in Fiorentina and the former is a promising youngster.

Moreover, I think that you build your whole vision for the centre defence positions on just your own predictions, a prediction following another prediction and then you reach your final conclusion. No offence here, I'm just saying my view regarding you previous post.

Jul 28, 2002
    Dainelli would be a great little bargain imho, we missed out on a bargain in Chris Samba.

Anything is better than Zebina, Boum, Legro and Kovac this season.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    @Cronios, on what basis did you build your opinion regarding both Dainelli and Criscito as being leftovers? The former is a regular defender in Fiorentina and the former is a promising youngster.

Moreover, I think that you build your whole vision for the centre defence positions on just your own predictions, a prediction following another prediction and then you reach your final conclusion. No offence here, I'm just saying my view regarding you previous post.
    Its my own personal opinion of course that Barzagli and Metzelder are the defenders a prestigious club like Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Juventus would buy if they had the necessary resources and the ability to choose (financial and not only),
    you have the right to disagree and call Criscito and Dainelli better than them,
    i would really like to hear your argumentation on this matter because i value your opinion, how can you be convinced that Criscito and Dainelli arent the lesser material
    comparing to them? Their price tag and results on the pitch hint another thing...
    Or its your personal opinion they are not leftovers?

I m not Secco's buddy and i cannot claim that i can fortell the future either,
    this is my most probable assumtion based on the facts we currently have on hand
    and my exp on the international and esp Juve's transfer policy.
    Would the facts change, my opinion will change too, adapting to the new standards.
    I think everybody has the right to have an opinion and defend is, using argumentation in a forum dont you agree?
    I would like to see your view regarding my previous post's arguments.
    No offence taken, i enjoy civilized debates, thats why i m here for...:D

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    Its my own personal opinion of course that Barzagli and Metzelder are the defenders a prestigious club like Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Juventus would buy if they had the necessary resources and the ability to choose (financial and not only),
    you have the right to disagree and call Criscito and Dainelli better than them,
    i would really like to hear your argumentation on this matter because i value your opinion, how can you be convinced that Criscito and Dainelli arent the lesser material
    comparing to them? Their price tag and results on the pitch hint another thing...
    Or its your personal opinion they are not leftovers?
    First of all, thanks for the nice words. :pint:

I didn't say that neither Dainelli nor Criscito are better than Barzagli or Metzelder. But the point here is that we already lost the latter to Real Madrid according to the daily rumours and, in my opinion, I think that Barzagli is a little bit overrated besides his transfer fee would be high.

What I want to say actually, is that we won't stick to a back line consisting of our current defenders replacing Legrottaglie and Tudor with Crisctio and Dainelli. As we need, at least, another world class defender to be burdened with the responsibility of leading our back four.

Anyways, I agree with your opinion that both Barzagli and Metzelder would be great to any prestigious club. But we have, unfortunately, to face our limited budget. That's why, I said that a free player like Dainelli would be a good addition, but of course not alone.

I m not Secco's buddy and i cannot claim that i can fortell the future either,
    this is my most probable assumtion based on the facts we currently have on hand
    and my exp on the international and esp Juve's transfer policy.
    Would the facts change, my opinion will change too, adapting to the new standards.
    I think everybody has the right to have an opinion and defend is, using argumentation in a forum dont you agree?
    I would like to see your view regarding my previous post's arguments.
    No offence taken, i enjoy civilized debates, thats why i m here for...:D
    Cheers mate. :tup:

I agree with you, anyone has the right to express his viewpoints and to discuss it, that is the aim of forums. What is more, we are all here because we are Juventus lovers. :cool:

Which post did you mean exactly?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)