Domenico Criscito (2 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I would bring Criscito back but try and integrate him sooner rather than later (not phase out Legro over the next couple seasons, rather I would try Criscito right away.) Those couple "years" Criscito could learn a lot playing with Chiellini and they could develop into a lasting relationship, why wait? I don't see Legro playing well with any continuity over the next couple seasons anyways, he is struggling this year I doubt the next couple years will show any improvement.

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
Criscito has been playing as a LWB in Genoa for some time now. Not sure if he'd suit into a 4-defenders formation as a CB, seeing as Gasperini doesn't even use him as CB in a 3-4-3 formation now and he doesn't seem to have grown much stronger physically during all this time away from Juve.

On the other hand, as a LB, he's very different to Moli. I'm afraid Ranieri wouldn't give him much trust and confidence as he did with Moli, not to mention we have De Ceglie, whom I don't like as a LW/LM.

IMHO, Ranieri has put so much trust in Moli because he really thinks he has the potential, not just because he has no other options. Ranieri strikes me as someone who considers energy and physics far more important. He likes players who run a lot, even if they are not very effective nor skillful. Criscito is more technical than physical thus I don't see him with a bright future with our current coach.

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
IMHO, Ranieri has put so much trust in Moli because he really thinks he has the potential, not just because he has no other options. Ranieri strikes me as someone who considers energy and physics far more important. He likes players who run a lot, even if they are not very effective nor skillful. Criscito is more technical than physical thus I don't see him with a bright future with our current coach.
Ranieri has no other options. There is a current dearth of world-class leftbacks. Last season there were 2--Evra and Clichy. This season, Clichy deproved along with Arsenal leaving us with Evra.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Ranieri has no other options. There is a current dearth of world-class leftbacks. Last season there were 2--Evra and Clichy. This season, Clichy deproved along with Arsenal leaving us with Evra.
Why are all your World Class LB only from the EPL ?? I'm sure there are some really good ones from other European League.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
So if Criscito does return, he will most likely be competing for a left back berth or will he be fighting Legro for a spot in the middle...Reading the comment a few posts above about Molinaro was horrible but they made sense. I do think that Ranieri values athletes over technically gifted footballers. I suppose the real test for him will be when De Ceglie is once again fit. If Molinaro has continued his abysmal run of form, which has lasted a career so far, will Ranieri give the youngster a pop at left back*** Either way, the idea of Criscitio competing with De Ceglie for the left back position is far more attractive than involving Molinaro in any guise, be it sub, starter or ballboy.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
IMHO, Ranieri has put so much trust in Moli because he really thinks he has the potential, not just because he has no other options. Ranieri strikes me as someone who considers energy and physics far more important. He likes players who run a lot, even if they are not very effective nor skillful.
he was in the epl for too long

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I would definitely bring him back in the summer. He was too raw when we brought him back the first time and honestly he was thrown in the deep end too early. He should've been integrated to the team slowly and not straight into a sensitive position like the centre back position.

Also i don't think we would get anywhere close to the amount of money we paid for him.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
Criscito was labelled the new Nesta as a 20-year-old, having not played a single game in serie A. Then he was only given a chance for few matches in a defense which was totally lost in every department.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
great cross with his right foot by the way...Id like to see Molinaro or DC cross with their right foot.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Criscito has been playing as a LWB in Genoa for some time now. Not sure if he'd suit into a 4-defenders formation as a CB, seeing as Gasperini doesn't even use him as CB in a 3-4-3 formation now and he doesn't seem to have grown much stronger physically during all this time away from Juve.

On the other hand, as a LB, he's very different to Moli. I'm afraid Ranieri wouldn't give him much trust and confidence as he did with Moli, not to mention we have De Ceglie, whom I don't like as a LW/LM.

It's sad to say but I think you are exactly right about Ranieri and Molinaro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)