Domenico Berardi (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
:tup:

It's because Bundesliga is just a league of B-teams for Bayern Munich, giving young players experience so as to eventually move to Bayern for peanuts or on a free transfer.

Here in Italy, everyone hates Juventus and there are riots when a team like Napoli or Viola sell a top young player to Juventus.
Serie A teams can raise kids at the same rate as Bundesliga teams and just refuse to sell to us and sell them abroad :D. If serie A clubs can do that with older players (refuse to sell to us) then they can do that with younger ones.

Bundesliga teams can sell globally but they dont mind selling to Bayern. How old or young the players are doesn't make a difference to this behaviour.

I think the difference is more down to scouting practices, footballing culture and attitudes towards the young and things like that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Serie A teams can raise kids at the same rate as Bundesliga teams and just refuse to sell to us and sell them abroad :D. If serie A clubs can do that with older players (refuse to sell to us) then they can do that with younger ones.

Bundesliga teams can sell globally but they dont mind selling to Bayern. How old or young the players are doesn't make a difference to this behaviour.

I think the difference is more down to scouting practices, footballing culture and attitudes towards the young and things like that.
Agree.

But Bundesliga being a bunch of Bayern Munich "B"s means they are more likely to play young players and groom them for Bayern Munich, rather than worry about league results which are easier to gain with more consistent and experienced players.

Aside from this, Bundesliga is one of the most tactically inept leagues around, which lends itself well to young players... Serie A is far more tactically astute which makes experience and consistency preferable.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
:tup:

It's because Bundesliga is just a league of B-teams for Bayern Munich, giving young players experience so as to eventually move to Bayern for peanuts or on a free transfer.
Why doesn't matter at all.

Plus Bayern are more eager to try and actually use those kids than we are.

Latest example: Coman

Who do you wanna buy from Viola? Bernardeschi? He would play 3 times a year at best. Who from Napoli? Hysaj? Same

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
So Pogba, Dybala, Morata don't count? :lol:
You've now spent too much time affirming my point by explaining it (bayern B-Team meme, buli teams dont care about result so they use young players meme) to backpedal and argue against it.

One can discuss why things are like they are i.e. the relations between top dog and small clubs are different but as a matter of fact they are using more young players than serie a.

Is it good, is it bad? Material for yet another discussion. I say it's good because German clubs minus Bayern do better in Europe than Italian clubs minus Juventus. So it works for them.

And yes, Pogba, Morata, Dybala do count. That's why I said bayern are more eager than us. Which does not exclude us from being eager too, a little bit

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Who do you wanna buy from Viola? Bernardeschi? He would play 3 times a year at best. Who from Napoli? Hysaj? Same
FC Piemonte Torino would buy not just Bernardeschi and Hysaj but also Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Felipe Anderson, Saponara and Diawara over 2-4 seasons. But it's not reality, there are more historic clubs and fierce rivalries in Italy, and besides, I like our model.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Rugani is getting playing time because of injuries or Coppa. Barely any at all and he has bounced around the back line as well to fill in gaps. I can't call that faith in a younger player yet. If Caceres wasn't hurt Rugani would have even less time on the pitch.

We didn't even want to spend 12m on Verratti arguably the most obvious Italian talent of his generation. That should say it all.

- - - Updated - - -

And Yes, I blame Marotta for it.

- - - Updated - - -

(Along with Italian coaches)
Germany had (and still has) a very talented generation. They don't produce that many WC players but most of young players coming from german clubs are above average to say atleast and a high number with top level potential. And most of them are getting a lot of chances to play at mid-low table clubs. talking about big clubs, Bayern had an incredible generation with Müller, Alaba, Kroos and Badstuber. But apart from that you can't really say they play that much youth. Kimmich for example also plays because of injuries, Gaudino last season too. Hojbjerg got loaned out (or sold, dont know for sure). even Kroos was out on loan at Leverkusen for a season or two. so unless the player is top class talent and/or adapts well to the team, no matter if its in Germany or Italy, he wont play.

we play Rugani, the reasons why we do it dont really matter. we brought him back instead of loaning him out and getting an experienced backup which shows that we trust in him. Caceres has injury problems for 3 seasons now atleast so thats something you consider also when calculating the playing time Rugani would get. we wouldnt have gotten him if we didnt have plans for him. with Berardi we really did nothing wrong. we wanted him here after his 1st season in Serie A. we only went after Iturbe when Berardi transfer failed. last summer we also tried. and he would have gotten playing time, though he wouldnt become a permanent starter right away. Verratti was close to a done dealio until PSG came in and got him. we were in advanced negotiations and the difference was few millions or some players we would send their way. given it was 2012, our finances not being as good as now, our squad being very thin and having a lot of buying to do, our offer was really good actually. but thats another topic. what i can agree with is these smaller italian clubs not investing in youth as much as their BL counterparts. you have teams that have 4-5 italian players max (no matter if young or old) in their squads. this is where there is a lot of room for improvement, though it has gotten better in recent years compared to how it used to be...

- - - Updated - - -

Why doesn't matter at all.

Plus Bayern are more eager to try and actually use those kids than we are.

Latest example: Coman

YESSSSS :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

we clearly shouldn't buy him. abysmal performance today.
Marchisio level of invisible

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Has he ever played against us? I feel like every time we play Sass he mysteriously can't play.

Beppe Gentleman's agreement? :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
thats because he doesent want to

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just worried we won't have a lot of space for him to get playing time
depends on what formation will be our no.1 choice next season i think. 4-5 Coppa games, 15-20 Serie A and 2-3 in CL is what id expect if he does arrive and we use a formation with 4 at the back more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)