Does God exist? (William Lane Craig vs Peter Atkins debate) (15 Viewers)

Well, did...

• Man make God?

• God make Man?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 15, 2006
didn't you just say that you need those rules for guidance? so if they're obvious what good are they?
Looking at the morality in scripture, I draw the conclusion that there were/are a LOT of stupid people who can't tell right from wrong without religion.

:lol: It reminded me of the first time I confessed my sins to a priest (my first communion). Gawd, it felt exactly like you said, "poof" and I got all that weight off my shoulders :touched: The power of the human brain.
:lol: Goodbye, moral accountability!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Ah so you need incentive to be a good person? Not very Christian of you.:D
Well, that's part of our imperfection, right? Not sure where you fall on religion but my understanding tells me that only one perfect person ever existed. Call me a fish (threw that in for "peace", get it? :touched:)for taking that hook, line and sinker but I know better than anyone that I'm not perfect: I have my sins, history, etc but I know where I have went wrong and what needs to happen to address it starting with acknowledging that and asking for forgiveness.

Think about this Martin. If a child is raised never seeing the 10 commandments or what they mean and that its ok to cheat on your wife or steal it isn't obvious, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at the morality in scripture, I draw the conclusion that there were/are a LOT of stupid people who can't tell right from wrong without religion.
And is it their fault that they are stupid? Or is it perhaps a way to help those whose brains aren't proportionate to everyone elses? :D

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
The big question is not whether or not god exists. It's why a well-educated person like ILiveForJuve feels the need to convert his religious friends to atheism. Is it because he thinks it will make their lives better? Is it because he thinks it will make the world better? Of course not. He just wants to win an argument so he can think to himself that he's "right". This is the kind of thinking that makes me sick. ILiveForJuve is a disgusting human being and makes me want to join a religion.
Spot on. except the last part, i have no idea if he's disgusting human being.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Think about this Martin. If a child is raised never seeing the 10 commandments or what they mean and that its ok to cheat on your wife or steal it isn't obvious, right?
so what were people doing before Moses got the tablets? was everyone immoral?

what about people who've never heard of any form of organized religion (eg. remote tribe)? do they have no understanding of morality?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The big question is not whether or not god exists. It's why a well-educated person like ILiveForJuve feels the need to convert his religious friends to atheism. Is it because he thinks it will make their lives better? Is it because he thinks it will make the world better? Of course not. He just wants to win an argument so he can think to himself that he's "right". This is the kind of thinking that makes me sick. ILiveForJuve is a disgusting human being and makes me want to join a religion.
:lol:

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
:howler: You obviously didn't read my post concerning my friend and the discussion we had. Or maybe you chose to distort it for the sake of being fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)